• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When public health runs into the politics of reproduction.

FALSE. I have no reason to subject myself to Propaganda unsupported by Objectively Verifiable Facts. While there are indeed SOME Objectively Verifiable Facts in the Bible, none of them have anything to do with God in a way that matters. (For example, the Temple of Solomon in Jerusalem has something to do with God, but ... so what?)

God is spirit. Facts will elude you in trying to prove Him. This is why Christ emphasized faith. It was the thing he was after, and the thing we need most. You shut the door yourself on Him.

your fear mongering is irrational and often harmful.
YOUR MERE CLAIMS OF FEARMONGERING ARE YET TO BE PROVED. And Facts remain Facts.

1. Watch Al Gore's fiction...
I DON'T NEED TO. Did what **I** write qualify as fearmongering? Your mere claims about that are still worthless without evidence. Overfishing, for example, is a Fact. The Fact is presented to educate the ignorant, not to incite fear. Ignorance causes many folks to think there is nothing wrong with the world's overpopulation situation. Showing there IS something wrong merely means that there is a problem that needs to be resolved, not ignored, nothing more.

2.As stated earlier ... Your facts as presented usually are not actually facts.
YOUR MERE CLAIM IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT EVIDENCE. I asked you to specify something that I declared was a fact, which wasn't, and I'm still waiting.

TRUE. There was a typo. HERE.

...you will never be able to establish anything factual to the effect that unborn babies are not innocent.
ARE PARASITES INNOCENT? They don't understand what they do, but we still kill them relentlessly, entirely because of what they do. And unborn humans are totally guilty of acting WORSE than parasites. As described in the linked article above. (And it is still unwise to call unborn humans "babies" OR "children".)

To think in those terms so as to murder them is unconscionable.
UTTERLY FALSE. Only "persons" can be subjects of "murder", and unborn humans cannot possibly qualify as persons, neither according to Law nor according to scientific data.

4. ... to take that choice from another human is also unconscionable.
FALSE. An entity must possess the power of choice before it can be deprived of choice. Killing a rat is not unconscionable entirely because it has an insignificant power of choice. The undeveloped brain of an unborn human doesn't even have that much --"kicking" in the womb is entirely an autonomic thing, related to strengthening bones in a reduce-gravity environment; most abortions are done long before a fetus begins to kick.

5.As regards truth in facts, which do you believe, Scientific American or your obviously agenda driven Center for Biological Diversity site?
IT APPEARS I CAN BELIEVE BOTH.
Scientific American said:
Scientists can't be sure of the current die-off rate, perhaps because much of it is happening to beetles and other insects that are notoriously overlooked. But according to that new study in Science, the total number of such invertebrates fell by half over the past 35 years while the human population doubled.
The facts in dispute? Both propose a Sixth Mass Extinction, SA says man has wiped out a total of 1000 species in man's 200k years on the planet
SEE ABOVE. The 1000 species were large obvious species, not the overlooked species. There are so many many thousands of species of insects (and plants, too), often due to limited ranges, that deforesting an area means wiping out most species limited to that area. I can accept, though, that "30,000 per year" might be a zealous exaggeration. Is there an article specifically refuting it?

6. ... murdering others for your foolish claims is absurd and, again, unconscionable.
SEE ABOVE. Your worthless claims about "murdering others" are not improved by repeating them.

7.Here again, we have a debate about “facts”. I present a very well written article from a credible source, American Scientist ...
AND HERE IS ONE FOR YOU. When rock is cut, the age of the cut can be determined from the amount of weathering. The ages of the oldest Maori solidly disagree with your article. Humans were there plenty long enough to overpopulate the place, and suffer the consequences.

{snip reiterations}
TRY AGAIN.

God is spirit.
NO OBJECTION. So long as "spirit" is a nonphysical thing (cannot be affected by mass, energy, gravitation, etc.). The distinction allows the existence of God (and claims about God) to be consistent with the existence of the physical Universe.

Facts will elude you in trying to prove Him.[/quote[
NOT MY GOAL. I'm more interested in pointing out how various claims about God (and souls) are idiotic, due to either self-inconsistencies among the claims, or inconsistencies with respect to the physical Universe.

This is why Christ emphasized faith.
FAITH HAS ITS USES. And its limitations.... I told you I have faith that The Truth Always Makes Logical Sense. Do you have a problem with that?

It was the thing he was after,
TRUE

and the thing we need most.
FALSE. With respect to human problems in the physical world, we need Facts far more than Faith. Here's a fictional example, where Faith didn't work out so well.... --even though the word probably wasn't used even once in the story. It might be nice to have Faith that we can obtain the necessary Facts in time for the data to do us the most good. But Faith alone is not going to acquire the data!

You shut the door yourself on Him.
LESS THAN YOU MIGHT THINK. However, to preserve anonymity I must restrict what I say about that, sorry.

In the meantime, why don't you explain to us in detail how a Smart, Knowledgeable, and Loving God thinks that a soulless and mindless unborn human animal body deserves to live, regardless of what its fully-ensouled and Free-Willed mother wants.

You have proven only that you cannot be convinced by any other reason than your own
YOU CAN CONVINCE ME WITH VALID FACTS AND LOGIC. So far, though, you have presented almost nothing along that line. Consider the rats that supposedly ate the tree-seeds of Easter Island --what kept the rat population under control on all those many-other tree-bearing islands the Polynesians settled?

you are fear mongering to the hilt,
EDUCATION IS NOT FEAR-MONGERING.

overpopulation,
THAT IS A REAL THING, NOT FICTION.

eating plants until there is not enough air to breathe
THAT IS NOT AN IMPOSSIBILITY. It is speculation of the "if this goes on" variety. Kind of like, "If no winning lottery ticket is drawn, the prize will continue to rise." The more humans there are, the more food has to be available, to keep all those humans fed. Simple Logic! And the planet is not unlimited in its resources.

styled balderdash.
YOUR MERE CLAIM IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT EVIDENCE.

Add to that, you do not seem to know much about true history or economics or how facts/perspectives on facts can be presented in different ways to achieve different results.
FALSE. A single set of facts will always result in the same conclusions. You need to add facts, subtract facts, or change facts, to get different conclusions.

And while your very crude calculations on how the world actually works are strident... they are bordering on comical.
I DON'T SEE YOU POINTING OUT AN ERROR. Generic Denunciation is a typical tactic employed by abortion opponents, when they cannot refute the very valid data that destroys their anti-abortion arguments. And I'm not fazed by such denunciations at all. Nor is my data and the conclusions drawn from that data.

YOUR MERE CLAIMS OF FEARMONGERING ARE YET TO BE PROVED. And Facts remain Facts.

... Did what **I** write qualify as fearmongering? ...

YOUR MERE CLAIM IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT EVIDENCE. I asked you to specify something that I declared was a fact, which wasn't, and I'm still waiting...

ARE PARASITES INNOCENT? They don't understand what they do, but we still kill them relentlessly,... And unborn humans are totally guilty of acting WORSE than parasites. As described in the linked article above. (And it is still unwise to call unborn humans "babies" OR "children".)

UTTERLY FALSE. Only "persons" can be subjects of "murder", and unborn humans cannot possibly qualify as persons, neither ...

FALSE. An entity must possess the power of choice before it can be deprived of choice. Killing a rat is not unconscionable entirely because it has an insignificant power of choice. The undeveloped brain of an unborn human doesn't even have that much --"kicking" in the womb is entirely an autonomic thing, related to strengthening bones in a reduce-gravity environment; most abortions are done long before a fetus begins to kick.

IT APPEARS I CAN BELIEVE BOTH.

... The 1000 species were large obvious species, not the overlooked species. There are so many many thousands of species of insects (and plants, too), often due to limited ranges, that deforesting an area means wiping out most species limited to that area. I can accept, though, that "30,000 per year" might be a zealous exaggeration. Is there an article specifically refuting it?

... Your worthless claims about "murdering others" are not improved by repeating them.

...AND HERE IS ONE FOR YOU. When rock is cut, the age of the cut can be determined from the amount of weathering. The ages of the oldest Maori solidly disagree with your article. Humans were there plenty long enough to overpopulate the place, and suffer the consequences.
Continued cries of overpopulation and resource depletion are scare mongering... just like scaring people on nuclear power, just like the Alar scare, just like the DDT scare, just like the global freezing now global warming scares... Your side doesn't want to solve the problem of over-fishing, you want to reduce the population, murdering young innocents all the while. Solve for over-fishing by establishing more avenues for fish to be created, more food sources....not murdering innocent fellow humans.

Your whole article that you are unjustly proud of was built upon nothing but fictions. Those are the facts, that you have nothing but fiction as your premises. You seem to have no real conscious idea of what facts truly are for "facts to remain facts".

I would suggest you are welcome to consider yourself a parasite, but a fellow human being created through no fault of their own is only what the two folks that need to take responsibility created... and is only doing what nature programmed. You are welcomed to kill things that have no chance to be, and are not, human. Go for it.

Oh, a biased article from your side to convince me on the word child, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. And such a lame unpersuasive article at the same time.

That you have such a depraved concept of fellow humans... and yet are so "enlightened" as to our fellow creatures on the planet... by your own manner of addressing the choice issue, only sentient animals can have choice so, hey, we can extinct them all without conscience, right? What an ironic joker you are.

Choice is automatic, the choice along with the will survive is packed together right in from the beginning.

I am pretty unconcerned by the killing of lots of bugs. If you like them so much, come down to Panama and enjoy them, they will certainly enjoy you. So, is it 33,000 per year or only 1000 over the last 200k years? Its not both. And I am not here to refute every single one of your general and lazy claims.

Over 55 million murdered in the USA alone since R v W. And if that is a claim you think you can dispute, is it okay if we kill off 99% of all other creatures on the planet if we kill them by a certain time in their gestation? That make you happier about species on the planet, would it? Or is that only for humans?

You prove my point, there are different perspectives and your facts are not facts, they are mere speculation using what one thinks one knows, just as my article did. Does not make my article right... or wrong. And the attempted preciseness with your rock cutting analogy is just bunk, there are many events that could occur to make the apparent weathering of a rock speed up or slow down.

Its all still just a guess. Believe what you want to believe, just don't go around thinking you are proving it in any, ANY, logical manner. Your assertions have plenty of verifiable flaws. No ifs, excepts or buts on that.

(part 1 of 3, in reply to Msg #80)

Continued cries of overpopulation and resource depletion are scare mongering...
IT DOESN"T MATTER. What matters is education. You seem to think that no matter how a certain piece of bad news is presented, it must automatically be scary. WRONG! Plus, folks have a right to know. Are you arguing that people should be kept ignorant (which is a standard tactic of control-freak governments like the Chinese)?

Your side doesn't want to solve the problem of over-fishing,
FALSE.

you want to reduce the population,
IT IS THE FUNDAMENTAL CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM! Since when is it inherently better to patch a problem (say, get a tooth filling) than to deal with the source of the problem (brush your teeth more often!)? Not to mention something that all abortion opponents totally ignore: Not one proposal to provide more resources for a very-large population has anything to do with discouraging the population from growing even more (and needing even more resources)! Which is why I linked that classic Asimov essay (did you read it?). Math does not lie, although it can be inaccurate (he used a growth rate that is larger than the current growth rate; the calculations need adjusting therefore).

murdering
STOP LYING. Abortion is in no sense "murder". You haven't provided the slightest bit of evidence to support your claim. Why should anyone believe you?

young innocents
STOP LYING. I provided a corrected link, so you should have read the article explaining in detail how unborn humans are guilty of horrible assaults, four different ways. And no abortion opponent has ever offered the slightest bit of evidence to the contrary, about those guilty actions of unborn humans.

Solve for over-fishing by establishing more avenues for fish to be created, more food sources....
THAT DOESN'T STOP EVEN MORE MOUTHS-TO-FEED FROM GETTING BORN.
foodquestion2.png

not murdering
LYING AGAIN.

LYING AGAIN.

fellow humans.
OUR ACTUAL FELLOWS ARE PERSONS, NOT MINDLESS ANIMALS.

Your whole article that you are unjustly proud of was built upon nothing but fictions.
FALSE. It is a Fact that cells can transform from one type to another. Introducing an fictional analogy for easier understanding does not-at-all affect the basic Facts.

Those are the facts, that you have nothing but fiction as your premises.
A STUPID LIE. Because I did explain to you that if cells did not transform, you would not be you-as-you-are; you would be a mass of undifferentiated blastocyst cells.

You seem to have no real conscious idea of what facts truly are for "facts to remain facts".
FALSE. I understand the Scientific Method thoroughly. Things claimed to be Facts need to be verified, but anything that gets verified will remain a Fact. Certain aspects of the accuracy of a Fact might change (example: Newtonian Mechanics has remained a Fact for centuries, but it is not as accurate as Facts associated with General Relativity and Quantum Mechanics). If you want to claim there is something wrong with the things I have indicated to be facts (like, say, the 30,000 species dying each year), then all you need is to present more-accurate and verified Facts. (The first publication of an article does not always means its claimed facts have been verified.)

I would suggest you are welcome to consider yourself a parasite,
A STUPID SUGGESTION. Humans stop acting worse than parasites at birth. THEN they start acting innocently. Later, some of them might become parasites of a different sort (criminals).

(part 2 of 3, in reply to Msg #80)

but a fellow human being
FALSE. An unborn human does not qualify as a "being". Try these phrases to see why: "intelligent being", "alien being", "extraterrestrial being", "frog being", "snail being", "fetus being". Beings are persons! Unborn humans don't qualify as persons, any more than do frogs or snails. They are simply "humans", not "human beings" (persons that happen to be human, instead of, say, persons that happen to be extraterrestrials).

created through no fault of their own
TRUE. The average rat is also created through no fault of its own. So?

is only what the two folks that need to take responsibility created...
YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

and is only doing what nature programmed.
A rat is only doing what nature programmed. A mosquito is only doing what nature programmed. So?

You are welcomed to kill things that have no chance to be, and are not, human. Go for it.
WHAT, NO MANICURES ALLOWED? Exposing such idiocy is exactly why The Cuticle Cell Argument was written. Human life is not inherently special. Period. PERSONS are special. That's why it would be murder to kill an extraterrestrial alien intelligent being. Barely-developed offspring, however, are entirely different from persons.

Oh, a biased article from your side
I WROTE IT. AND FACTS ARE FACTS.

to convince me on the word child, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. And such a lame unpersuasive article at the same time.
THE NEXT TIME YOU SEE A CHILD WALKING AROUND, FEEL FREE TO CALL HIM OR HER A FETUS. You want to be Logically Consistent, don't you?

That you have such a depraved concept of fellow humans...
THAT YOU HAVE A TOTAL LACK OF ABILITY TO POINT OUT VALID FLAWS IN MY ARGUMENTS....

and yet are so "enlightened" as to our fellow creatures on the planet...
ANIMALS ARE ANIMALS. Why should one type be considered more important than lots of other types? Stupid Prejudice? Tsk, tsk!

by your own manner of addressing the choice issue, only sentient animals can have choice so, hey, we can extinct them all without conscience, right?
WE ARE DOING THAT ALREADY. Or at least we are working on it. And this is what you would be depriving future generations.

What an ironic joker you are.
MAYBE. BUT INDIVIDUALS AND ENTIRE SPECIES ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. It is Stupid to confuse them.

Choice is automatic, the choice along with the will survive is packed together right in from the beginning.
SO MIGHT MAKES RIGHT? Why is your choice to swat a mosquito superior to the mosquito's "choice" (genetically programmed biological-robotic drive) to suck your blood? Have you seen the movie "The Fifth Wave", and noticed the rationale presented for the actions of the aliens?

I am pretty unconcerned by the killing of lots of bugs.
THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN INDIVIDUALS AND ENTIRE SPECIES. Ecologies depend on "keystone" species surviving, and we don't always know which species are the keystones.

(part 3 of 3, in reply to Msg #80)

So, is it 33,000 per year or only 1000 over the last 200k years? Its not both.
I THOUGHT I WAS CLEAR. It was 1000 large species over 200k years. It is many thousands of small/overlooked species per year in the past several decades. 33,000 is not the number being bandied around by all those concerned sites. 30,000 is the number. But it might be exaggerated somewhat. If it was actually 10,000 per year (about one an hour), we would still be causing a Mass Extinction In The Biosphere. DO you have an article specifically refuting the number 30,000?

And I am not here to refute every single one of your general and lazy claims.
I'M ONLY ASKING FOR ONE KEY CLAIM TO BE REFUTED. Like the claim that cells can transform to become different types, for example. So far, you have failed.

Over 55 million murdered
FALSE. STOP LYING. Only persons can be "murdered", and unborn humans cannot possibly qualify as persons.

in the USA alone since R v W. And if that is a claim you think you can dispute,
I DON'T DISPUTE THE NUMBER. Only the label is faulty and worthy of dispute. Assuming the number is Factual, then saying that over 55 million unwanted mindless human animal entities were killed since Roe v Wade is a perfectly OK statement, regardless of whether or not you like that Fact.

is it okay if we kill off 99% of all other creatures on the planet
WHY DO YOU WANT TO DO THAT? Are you **that** Stupidly Prejudiced about human life?

if we kill them by a certain time in their gestation?
THE GENERAL RECOMMENDATION FOR KILLING ANIMALS IS THAT IT BE DONE HUMANELY. Minimize pain and suffering. Other than that, the details don't matter much.

That said, I'm very aware that ordinary abortions seldom qualify as "humane". However, there is an easy fix: Just cut the umbilical cord inside the womb (using appropriate laproscopy tools) as the very first thing. The embryonic or fetal brain will shut down from lack of oxygen in about 30 seconds, and then die painlessly in less than 10 minutes. After that, hacking the corpse apart matters not-at-all.

That make you happier about species on the planet, would it? Or is that only for humans?
HEALTHY ECOSYSTEMS NEED LARGE NUMBERS OF SPECIES. And we need interactions with other species for our own psychological health. Variety is more than just the spice of life! It would be Stupid to think that 99% of all species can be killed without repercussions.

You prove my point, there are different perspectives
THAT POINT IS NOT DISPUTED --except to the degree that different perspectives invoke different sets of Facts.

and your facts are not facts,
FALSE. You have yet to present verified evidence that my data is faulty. Even that number 30,000 might be correct!

they are mere speculation using what one thinks one knows,
I DO TAKE FACTS AND SPECULATE. But that doesn't change the foundation-Facts, not in the slightest.

just as my article did.
YOUR ARTICLE HAS FLAWS. The ages of the statues prove Easter Islanders were there before the article claims they were there. And trees have survived on plenty other islands with rats.

Does not make my article right... or wrong. And the attempted preciseness with your rock cutting analogy is just bunk, there are many events that could occur to make the apparent weathering of a rock speed up or slow down.
FOR A STONE-AGE ISLAND? Affecting differently-located statues all across the island simultaneously? Name them!

Its all still just a guess.
THERE IS NO GUESS, EXCEPT FOR "WHEN". See that picture in the first segment of this three-part post? What is your Answer to its Question?

When public health runs into the politics of reproduction.
The Zika virus sometimes cause microcephaly -- doctors are unable to determine if the unborn has microcephaly until about 20 weeks gestation making it illegal for women to seek an abortion that birth defect in states that ban abortions at 20 weeks.

From the following article:

The Zika Problem: Public Health Runs Smack Into Politics of Reproduction | US News Opinion

The first thing to do is stop people going to Brasil and other high risk areas, unless there is overriding reason, till we understand the epidemiological properties much better and can medically handle it..

Here's another opportunity for the so-called "pro-lifers" to demonstrate their belief in the sanctity of life by ignoring human suffering

With all that misery. My goodness must you have a one track mind. ;)
Better prevent the spread than worry about trashing the results.

(part 1 of 2, in reply to Msg #71)

IT IS A FACT THAT CELLS ARE ABLE TO TRANSFORM FROM ONE TYPE TO ANOTHER. If it wasn't true, you would consist of a mass of blastocyst cells, all the same type. It is also a fact that cells can transform more than once. We can imagine transforming machines, but transforming cells are fact. I merely mentioned transforming machines as a macroscopic analogy.

DOES NOT CHANGE FACTS. "If" can be used to speculate about new ways to fit facts together. AND it can be used to talk about things that can't be done now, but are most certainly possible-in-theory to do. For example, if there was a tunnel connecting Florida and Cuba, how many people might use it each year? Do you claim such a notion is so nonsensical it can never, ever happen? We do not yet know exactly how to make a cell change its focus on the DNA it normally processes. But we do know it can be done (viruses do it routinely). It is a valid subject of an "if", therefore!

NOT IN ANY WAY THAT DIMINISHED THE VALIDITY OF THE CUTICLE CELL ARGUMENT.

FACTS REMAIN FACTS.

IT IS BOTH. What might matter more is, is the glass being emptied or filled? Either way, there are limits!

YOUR MERE CLAIM IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT EVIDENCE. Be specific! Exactly what have I specfically stated is a fact, that is not actually a fact?

YOUR MERE CLAIM IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT EVIDENCE. More, you should be able to show IN DETAIL how data presented by various other folks, with a view different to your own, is flawed. Mere unsupported claims are worthless.

ABSOLUTELY. And "stewarding our own species" needs to be on the list.

You seem to have unlimited time to argue the same point over and over and over and over when you are proven not to be factual, you are making up things, using science fiiction and calling that the truth.

1& 2 Straw man, never argued cells could not. Argued cells are not equivalents of machines and machines cannot do what cells do. I can imagine a world with 23 billion people on earth, all animals currently in existence now ten times their current populations...if we can find a way to harvest from the oceans, there is plenty of space there and plenty of water, if we can only create foods that replenish at depth...I can imagine it, can't you? Are you going to accept that? Yes, well lets proceed to 23 billion and quit killing babies.

3. Sure it diminished the cuticle cell argument, a cuticle cell is a cuticle cell... it isn't a zygote cell. Yes an aluminum can, along with others, can be made into a boat, but its isn't a boat, its an aluminum can.

4. Answer does not address the fear mongering.

5. Yes, exactly. Facts are dependent upon context and circumstance. So the statement facts are facts is fairly meaningless by itself.

6. You have implied that cells are machine equivalents, you have used if, as if the if were a fact, how many times must we go over the same material before you understand that you haven't facts?

7. resources Resource Bet Redux - Reason.com

8. Stewarding does not allow the wholesale destruction of human life.

YOU CAN CONVINCE ME WITH VALID FACTS AND LOGIC. So far, though, you have presented almost nothing along that line. Consider the rats that supposedly ate the tree-seeds of Easter Island --what kept the rat population under control on all those many-other tree-bearing islands the Polynesians settled?

EDUCATION IS NOT FEAR-MONGERING.

THAT IS A REAL THING, NOT FICTION.

THAT IS NOT AN IMPOSSIBILITY. It is speculation of the "if this goes on" variety. Kind of like, "If no winning lottery ticket is drawn, the prize will continue to rise." The more humans there are, the more food has to be available, to keep all those humans fed. Simple Logic! And the planet is not unlimited in its resources.

YOUR MERE CLAIM IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT EVIDENCE.

FALSE. A single set of facts will always result in the same conclusions. You need to add facts, subtract facts, or change facts, to get different conclusions.

I DON'T SEE YOU POINTING OUT AN ERROR. Generic Denunciation is a typical tactic employed by abortion opponents, when they cannot refute the very valid data that destroys their anti-abortion arguments. And I'm not fazed by such denunciations at all. Nor is my data and the conclusions drawn from that data.

1. Who says the rats were kept under control, where are your sources?
2. Education states the facts without editorial, you add your opinion and still state it as fact.
3. Overpopulation is your opinion. We have the resources to feed everyone on the earth and many more. We could, with the density of NY City, put everyone in the world in the state of Texas. Of course it wouldn't have to be Texas, just saying it would fit everybody and the rest of the world would be wide open space.
4. Yes, it is possible, but we are NOWHERE near that, so to imply it at this point is, pointless.
5. Your claim that we could possibly eat up all the plants has no basis in fact, its possible, but its also possible a Russian satellite will fall on you ten minutes from now, not likely but possible... it has no basis in fact, however...and will be proven false 10 minutes from now.
6. What has that got to do with anything. Yes, but that does not make your claims of why it only took a single wage earner in the 1950s and not two as we have now. Your scenario left out much and didn't even considered the real situation... thats how far off your thinking is.
7. "continued human population growth will only make it [AGW] worse..." Not true, if we are headed into a global cool down, which I think is more the likely case, then warming will help improve/warm the environment for both man and fellow creatures on the planet... Man, take a bow.

(part 1 of 3, in reply to Msg #80)

IT DOESN"T MATTER. What matters is education.

FALSE.

IT IS THE FUNDAMENTAL CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM! ...

STOP LYING. Abortion is in no sense "murder".

STOP LYING. ...

THAT DOESN'T STOP EVEN MORE MOUTHS-TO-FEED FROM GETTING BORN.

LYING AGAIN.

LYING AGAIN.

OUR ACTUAL FELLOWS ARE PERSONS, NOT MINDLESS ANIMALS.

FALSE. It is a Fact that cells can transform from one type to another. Introducing an fictional analogy for easier understanding does not-at-all affect the basic Facts.

A STUPID LIE. Because I did explain to you that if cells did not transform, you would not be you-as-you-are; you would be a mass of undifferentiated blastocyst cells.

FALSE. I understand the Scientific Method thoroughly. Things claimed to be Facts need to be verified, but anything that gets verified will remain a Fact. ... If you want to claim there is something wrong with the things I have indicated to be facts (like, say, the 30,000 species dying each year), then all you need is to present more-accurate and verified Facts. (The first publication of an article does not always means its claimed facts have been verified.)

A STUPID SUGGESTION. Humans stop acting worse than parasites at birth. ...

1. Fear mongering. Predict the population, but who made you god? You get to say we are overpopulated? Resources,fish stocks, grain, livestock, wood are renewable. US has coal sufficient for a hundred years. Nuclear energy/energy sources we have yet to discover, you doom and gloomers are so negative. Got to kill the kids since we are, in your mind, becoming overpopulated. Education is one thing, fear mongering is different.

2 & 3. People want to eat fish. A problem not solved by killing folks. Over fishing can be solved, oceans are vast expanses in which to raise fish/other food items. don't read science fiction, yours or anybody else's. Math may not lie, but men do. Manipulate or get the math wrong/have faulty equations and models.

4. Lying stupidity. Its not a squirrel. Has human DNA, DNA distinct to that newly created being unless shared with a twin... alive and while it does indeed need assistance, as any child does, it is separate/individual from the mother.

5. Lying stupidity. Even if this distinct human individual has potential to cause harm, in our system you cannot arbitrarily kill them. To be put to death you must have a trial, a judge, jury of ones peers, establish guilt, be properly sentenced to death. Mothers do not get to take the lives of their babies without consequences... unless you have a totally screwed up Nazi or Communist styled totalitarian structure.

6. Well, science fiction guy, how about iffing in the direction that we explore other planets, missions to mars, etc... If we can if, then we can if in that direction. Man has lifted off the face of the planet into deep space.

7. Lying stupidity.

7. See 4

8. See 5

9. Fellow human, not animal... besides which, weren't you trying to save animals??? Would you promote just arbitrarily killing people in comas, this being a similar potential temporary state of non capacity?

10. The cuticle cell is just that, a zygote is different having different programming. Just like a computer that is loaded with all the software and capacity to be a super computer versus one that is programmed only to run an ATM machine. Doesn't mean you save every ATM computer in the hopes that one day it may be, or could be, converted to a supercomputer. You used the analogy to distract from the fact that, while things are possible, that is not how it goes. Zygotes are zygotes and cuticle cells are cuticle cells, what humans can manipulate/transform them into now and in the future has no basis in the entire premise... its just a fiction created by you so that you can lamely ask why pro lifers aren't saving all cuticle cells. Just asinine... and you know it.

11. You? Explain to me that cells transform and we develop? Ha ha ha. Thanks, now tell me something I didn't know [that is actually true]. Some slow down, come to a dead stop at certain levels it seems.

12. If you want to claim 33,000 species dying a year, you need much more than a claim by an agenda driven website. You might start by listing them, but to just whip off a number like that is not scientific, its not a fact and we both know it.

13. Don't like the suggestion? Don't like being considered a parasite, but willing to label other humans that without problem, eh? If you feel so strongly about overpopulation, the need to kill off much of the human species, its funny the ones proclaiming this should be welcoming the opportunity to volunteer for the sake of the planet, right? Why not consider oneself a parasite instead of condemning others to that title, to ease your conscience, and then killing them?

You seem to ... argue the same point over and over
CORRECT DATA IS IMPORTANT!

when you are proven not to be factual,
A STUPID LIE, with respect to The Cuticle Cell Argument. Everything in it I claimed to be a fact is an actual fact.

you are making up things ... and calling that the truth.
ANOTHER STUPID LIE. You cannot quote me calling science fiction the truth.

2 Argued cells are not equivalents of machines
YOU LOST THAT ARGUMENT. Here's 80 million results on Google, for you to argue about futilely.

and machines cannot do what cells do.
NOT YET. But only an idiot would claim it can never, ever happen throughout all future giga-years.

I can imagine a world with 23 billion ...
REALLY? WHERE IS THE BIOMASS FOR THAT GOING TO COME FROM? Do you know what a "zero sum game" is? The Earth's biosphere has been mostly that for millions of years.

... oceans, there is plenty of space there ...
BUT NOT PLENTY OF BIOMASS.

if we can only create foods...
MAGIC? Ever heard of The Law Of Conservation Of Mass? And no, we can't turn rocks into biomass at the rate needed (atom smashers can change a few atoms a day from silicon to radioactive carbon...).

I can imagine it,
I CAN MORE EASILY IMAGINE GOD PLAGUING HUMANITY WITH 40 YEARS OF ALL PREGNANCIES MISCARRYING. At least that wouldn't violate any Laws of Physics.

Are you going to accept that?
NOPE.

... lets proceed to 23 billion
NOPE.

and quit killing babies.
ABORTION DOES NOT TARGET BABIES. It targets mindless parasitic unborn human animals.[/quote]

3... a cuticle cell ... it isn't a zygote cell.
A CUTICLE CELL CAN PROCESS ZYGOTE DNA. Both cell types have all the DNA of the other cell type. A descendant of a zygote cell naturally changes its focus, from processing zygote DNA code, to processing cuticle DNA code. It is quite possible for the focus of DNA-processing to change back.

... isn't a boat, its an aluminum can.
ABORTION OPPONENTS ARGUE POTENTIAL MUST BE FULFILLED. A zygote is not an infant; it is a zygote. And since a cuticle cell has the potential to act like a zygote....

4. ...fear mongering.
DESCRIBING A FACT NEGATIVELY DOES NOT CHANGE THE FACT. I shall continue to present Facts and ignore your worthless blather about how Facts might scare a few people.

5. ... the statement facts are facts is fairly meaningless by itself.
THAT DOESN'T CHANGE THE FACTS, EITHER.

6. You have implied that cells are machine equivalents,
IT IS A FACT. Here's 20 million more Google results.

you have used if, as if the if were a fact,
UTTERLY FALSE. You cannot quote a single case of me declaring that something I qualified-with-"if" is a fact.

how many times must we go over the same material
WHEN WILL YOU ACCEPT FACTS?

before you understand that you haven't facts?
YOUR MERE CLAIM IS **STILL** WORTHLESS WITHOUT EVIDENCE!

7. resources {link}
EXISTENCE DOES NOT EQUAL CHEAP ACCESS. There is a difference upon Society, between producing something at ten cents a ton until it is gone, and producing the same thing from a new source at ten dollars an ounce. Some of the higher cost of raising children now, compared to 1950, is due to that type of difference in resource-accessibility.

8. Stewarding does not allow the wholesale destruction of human life.
You don't know what you are talking about, since abortion is a "retail" not "wholesale" thing, the result of individual choices, not Administrative Mandate. And there is still the Fact that just because unborn humans are "human life", that doesn't make them more special than worm life.

1. Who says the rats were kept under control?
SHOW ME ANOTHER INHABITED POLYNESIAN ISLAND OF THAT ERA, WITH RATS AND NO TREES.

2. ...you add your opinion and still state it as fact.
PROVE IT. Where is the opinion in stating "overpopulation causes aquifer depletion, deforestation, overfishing, ...", and including links?

3. Overpopulation is your opinion.
IT IS A FACT; the consequences prove the Fact. Are you claiming aquifer depletion (and the rest) is not happening?

We have the resources to feed ... many more.
TRUE. NOW PROVE IT MUST BE DONE (birthing the "many more", not the feeding-them part).

We could ... put everyone in the world in the state of Texas....
WITH WINDOWLESS CELLS YOU CAN PACK THEM EVEN TIGHTER. Your notion won't be accepted because people like their space, and like access to wider spaces.

4. Yes, it is possible, but we are NOWHERE near that, so to imply it at this point is, pointless.
PROVE IT MUST BE DONE. Why do we need to GO anywhere "near that"?

5. Your claim that we could possibly eat up all the plants has no basis in fact
FALSE. Your very next statement, that it is possible, proves that it is actually a FACT that we COULD do that. Consider the Fact we could build a star ship (slower-than-light multi-generation type). We cannot do it NOW, but "could" is not a time-limit.

, its possible, but its also possible a Russian satellite will fall on you ten minutes from now...
AGREED.

it has no basis in fact
FALSE; "COULD" IS NOT A TIME LIMIT.

, however...and will be proven false 10 minutes from now.
"IT DOES NOT PAY A PROPHET TO BE TOO SPECIFIC". I was not too specific; you were.

6. What has that got to do with anything.
YOU IMPLIED PRESENTATION ALONE COULD AFFECT THE LOGICAL RESULTS OF FACTS.
From Msg #75 said:
how facts/perspectives on facts can be presented in different ways to achieve different results
NOPE, there is always an extra (or removed or changed) factor. Assigning different weights to Facts, in different presentations, counts as adding a non-constant extra thing to the actual Facts.

your claims of why it only took a single wage earner in the 1950s and not two as we have now.
MY EXPLANATION WAS VALID ENOUGH. More below.

Your scenario left out much ... thats how far off your thinking is.
I BASICALLY INDICATED THAT POPULATION GREW FASTER THAN RESOURCE-PRODUCTION. I didn't say anything about the "members" of the economy. In 1950 the USA was the main member of its economy. But now we are part of a far-more-global economy, with populations all around the world using resources. The linking of our economy to others via largely-unrestricted international trade automatically counts as increasing the total population of the economy. Jobs go overseas because the greater the population involved in the economy, the more competition there is for jobs and the lower that wages can be.

Then there is data regarding the USA having something like 5% of the world's population but using 20% of the world's resources. With the larger economy-populations competing for those resources, prices rise, unless resource production increases to match. But big businesses are not interested in massively increasing resources; they want to restrict resources to maximize profits. Therefore I was entirely correct to state that population rising faster than resource production has caused child-raising to be so much more expensive now than in the 1950s. The details do matter, but the basic Fact was absolutely correct.

7. "continued human population growth will only make it [AGW] worse..." Not true,
IT IS TRUE

if we are headed into a global cool down, which I think is more the likely case,
ONLY IN TERMS OF THE ICE AGE CYCLE, NO OBJECTION.

then warming will help improve/warm the environment for both man and fellow creatures on the planet...
I ALREADY TALKED ABOUT BALANCING IT OUT. But the data indicates we have over-balanced it. Human population is rising far faster than the astronomical cycles that slowly initiate an Ice Age.

(part 2 of 3, in reply to Msg #80)

FALSE. An unborn human does not qualify as a "being". Try these phrases to see why: "intelligent being", "alien being", "extraterrestrial being", "frog being", "snail being", "fetus being". Beings are persons! Unborn humans don't qualify as persons, any more than do frogs or snails. They are simply "humans", not "human beings" ...

TRUE. The average rat is also created through no fault of its own. So?

A rat is only doing what nature programmed. A mosquito is only doing what nature programmed. So?

WHAT, NO MANICURES ALLOWED? Exposing such idiocy is exactly why The Cuticle Cell Argument was written. Human life is not inherently special... PERSONS are special. That's why it would be murder to kill an extraterrestrial alien intelligent being.

I WROTE IT. AND FACTS ARE FACTS.

THE NEXT TIME YOU SEE A CHILD WALKING AROUND, FEEL FREE TO CALL HIM OR HER A FETUS. You want to be Logically Consistent, don't you?

THAT YOU HAVE A TOTAL LACK OF ABILITY TO POINT OUT VALID FLAWS IN MY ARGUMENTS....

ANIMALS ARE ANIMALS. Why should one type be considered more important than lots of other types? Stupid Prejudice? Tsk, tsk!

WE ARE DOING THAT ALREADY. Or at least we are working on it

MAYBE. BUT INDIVIDUALS AND ENTIRE SPECIES ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS...

SO MIGHT MAKES RIGHT? Why is your choice to swat a mosquito superior to the mosquito's "choice" (genetically programmed biological-robotic drive) to suck your blood? ...

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN INDIVIDUALS AND ENTIRE SPECIES... Ecologies depend on "keystone" species surviving, and we don't always know which species are the keystones[/URL].
Fortunately you don't get to make those command decisions, just need a couple good supreme court justices having human feelings, understanding life. Your callousness to fellow humans is noted... discarded. A live comatose/brain dead 12 year old is still a human being. Just because you are temporarily, or even permanently, incapacitated does not rob you of your being, humanity nor person hood.

So, easy---rats are not human. You despise most things human, that does not make it a requirement for the rest of us. We caring and compassionate sorts.

Lived on the planet probably longer than you, studied history, politics, life/society probably far more than you could ever think to. You have no proven understanding, an agenda is all. Shallow observations on wanted and unwanted are easily dismissed. 1. In a wanted pregnancy if the human at whatever stage does not perform and naturally dies, itself is to be blamed. IF another entity, the mother/doctor/etc..., causes the death of the human in whatever stage of development, those causing the death are to blame. What is so hard to get about that? 2. An artist etc... can destroy his own property, humans in our country, since the 13th amendment, cannot be owned as property... so your analogy is irrelevant to the conversation.

***Note that I am not going to go back a read every post you ever posted on the subject, especially seeing as you do not have the ability to understand/complete an argument logically, proven by 1&2 above... besides which dolphinocean already destroyed your pitiful substitutes for arguments***

See above re: rats.

Cuticles do NOT become humans, how many times must you be informed of that FACT?

Your article is solelyan attempt to make a cuticle programmed cell something it specifically is not, a zygote. If the same, the cuticle would, unless dying naturally/murdered, go on to later stages of human life. A cuticle and zygote are simply not synonymous. Facts are facts.

I ll call a child walking around a child ... just like the child in a pregnant woman. They are synoymous except one is in an earlier stage of development. What don't you get about that? Mental block, is it incompetence, callous disregard, willful choice?

I've pointed out several, certainly not all, of the flaws. You are just too stubborn/obstinate and choose blindness over what could/should be epiphany.

When one type animal is so far superior to others, then value its established. Why would anyone value a sweet new BMW over a tricycle? Its obvious to most of us. Sorry, cannot work miracles, you have to try to understand on your own.

Not depriving future generations, but you are advocating the murder of current generations.

Yes, individuals are important just as species can be important. We should be striving to most, not murder the one so that the other might live.

If we could destroy all mosquitoes, down here the chitras, I would advocate mightily for that.

I think we;ll survive. If not you will get your destruction of mankind you desire. The world will be left with only nature destroying/recreating... which is what is actually happening now, ha ha ha... you are just to blind to see.

Last edited:
[Part 1 of reply to Msg #88 --There was a delay in posting these msgs partly because of a power failure (really annoying to have to rewrite stuff!), and partly because I took time off to focus on other things for a while. It is not the most important thing in life, to prove the arguments of abortion oppoents to be generally idiotic, nonsensical, and founded in ignorance, Stupid Prejudice, and Stupid Hypocrisy.]

1. Fear mongering.
NOPE; Your mere say-so is worthless, as usual. IT IS A FACT that another asteroid or comet will someday impact the Earth, if we do nothing to prevent it. Are you scared? NO, because the probability is, we have plenty of time to prepare. So the first thing we've done is put effort into scanning space and plotting orbits, to find out more exactly how much time we have. So far, so good....

Resources,fish stocks, grain, livestock, wood are renewable.
PROVE THEY ARE BEING RENEWED TEN TIMES AS FAST AS GLOBAL POPULATION IS GROWING. So long as the data indicates they are not, then the world is overpopulated.

US has coal sufficient for a hundred years.
MAJOR CONTRIBUTOR TO GLOBAL WARMING. Need to stop sooner instead of later.

Nuclear energy/energy sources we have yet to discover, you doom and gloomers are so negative.
ENTRENCHED INTERESTS WANT TO RESTRICT RESOURCES TO MAXIMIZE PROFITS. The oil companies should be investing their profits in nuclear fusion research, not in finding even more carbon to burn.

Got to kill the kids.
FALSE. GOT TO ALLOW VOLUNTARY ABORTIONS (which doesn't kill "kids"). Got to encourage more contraceptions. Got to invent better contraceptives.

since we are, in your mind,
FACTS ARE FACTS. See above about the need for bioresources in a 10:1 ratio.

becoming overpopulated.
THE WORLD IS ALREADY OVERPOPULATED; there is no "becoming", except in terms of "worse".

Education is one thing, fear mongering is different.
TRUE. "Fearmongering" is your worthless opinion.

2 & 3. People want to eat fish.
TRUE.

A problem not solved by killing folks.
UNBORN HUMANS ARE NOT "FOLKS".

Over fishing can be solved,
TRUE.

oceans are vast expanses in which to raise fish/other food items.
ONLY IF THE THINGS THEY NEED ARE THERE. For example, fish need oxygen --but Global Warming causes oceans to get warmer, too, and guess what? Warm water holds less oxygen then cold water! There are other (and much more significant) bottlenecks, too; certain minerals have a low concentration in seawater, and thus limit the amount of biomass the oceans can produce. Meanwhile, we are pouring stuff into the oceans that food-animals don't need at all --and the more humans on Earth, the worse that that will be!

don't read science fiction, yours or anybody else's.
THAT WAS A FACT ARTICLE. The author wrote more nonfiction than fiction.

Math may not lie, but men do.
INCLUDING EVERYONE CLAIMING THE WORLD IS NOT OVERPOPULATED.

Manipulate or get the math wrong/have faulty equations and models.
THE COMPOUND INTEREST FORMULA IS WIDELY USED AND FAR FROM WRONG. However, it is probably not the most-appropriate formula to use, these days, while it was very appropriate in the 1960s. That's because back then human population growth was measurably exponential, while for about the last 40 years that growth has simply been straight-line (about 80 million extra mouths-to-feed every year, quite reliably).

4. Lying stupidity.
THE BLATHER YOU SPOUT? ABSOLUTELY! (because if you don't exactly specify what it is that I wrote that you call "lying stupidity", I shall assume you are talking about what you wrote)

[part 2, msg in reply to #88]

Its not a squirrel.
TRUE. That does not make an unborn human more special than a squirrel.

Has human DNA,
SO DOES A HYDATIDIFORM MOLE. Human DNA does not make an unborn human more special than a squirrel.

DNA distinct to that newly created being unless shared with a twin...
YOU MIGHT AS WELL BE TALKING ABOUT A SQUIRREL. And you are lying when you imply that a zygote qualifies as a "being".

alive and while it does indeed need assistance, as any {unborn mammalian offspring} does, it is separate/individual from the mother.
YOU MIGHT AS WELL BE TALKING ABOUT A SQUIRREL. "Need for assistance" does not equal "assistance is mandatory"!

5. Lying stupidity.
STILL TALKING ABOUT YOUR OWN BLATHER, I SEE.

Even if this distinct human individual has potential to cause harm,
AN UNBORN HUMAN ACTIVELY CAUSES HARM. Which is why your use of the word "potential" is the "lying stupidity" you specified.

in our system you cannot arbitrarily kill them.
OH YES YOU CAN. We routinely and arbitrarily kill parasites for exactly the same reason we can arbitrarily kill unborn humans: Both are mere-animal entities committing horrid assaults!

To be put to death you
MUST BE A PERSON TO HAVE THE RIGHT OF A TRIAL!

must have a trial, a judge, jury of ones peers, establish guilt, be properly sentenced to death.
TRUE FOR PERSONS; NOT TRUE FOR PARASITIC MERE-ANIMAL ENTITIES.

Mothers do not get to take the lives of their {unborn assailants} without consequences...
I NEVER CLAIMED ANY SUCH THING. Something known as "postpartum depression" tends to affect every woman after the end of a pregnancy, no matter how the pregnancy ended (includes miscarriages and births and abortions). And THAT illness is partly a consequence of just one of the assaults committed by an unborn human, infusing addictive substances into her body during the pregnancy.

unless you have a totally screwed up Nazi or Communist styled totalitarian structure.
NOPE; IRRELEVENT; POST-PARTUM DEPRESSION IS INDEPENDENT OF POLITICS.

6. Well, science fiction guy, how about iffing in the direction that we explore other planets, missions to mars, etc... If we can if, then we can if in that direction. Man has lifted off the face of the planet into deep space.
TOO LATE. Guess what is the biggest opposition is, to the space program? Paraphrasing: "We need to spend that money to solve problems here on Earth!" And guess what the cause is, of almost all problems we have here on Earth? Overpopulation!

For space to be a solution to some of Earth's problems, we need to NEXT YEAR obtain resources for a big part of 80 million extra mouths-to-feed, AND THE YEAR AFTER THAT obtain resources for a big part of ANOTHER 80 million extra mouths-to-feed, and so on, endlessly. (Unless population stabilizes --but so far you still haven't offered any suggestions about how to stabilize the population!)

7. Lying stupidity.
7. See 4
8. See 5
HAW! HAW!! HAW!!! Repeating your worthless blather does not make it any less than worthless blather.

Last edited:
[part 3, msg in reply to #88]

9. Fellow human, not animal...
ALL HUMANS ARE ANIMALS! Or have you forgotten basic biology?

A human cuticle cell is a human entity, and has more potential than a zygote, to yield a whole human body, as detailed in The Cuticle Cell Argument. Its humanness doesn't keep it from getting killed, hundreds at a time, in beauty salons during manicures and pedicures.

A human hydatidiform mole is a human entity, is directly descended from an ordinary-looking zygote in the same way that a normal human fetus is descended from a zygote, and yet must be killed.

A brain-dead adult human on life support is as human as you or I, is very much alive (except for the brain), and yet a Formal Death Certificate can be filled out for it --after which that almost-fully-alive body can be arbitrarily killed.

The notion that just because something is human, it cannot legally be killed, has been proved wrong so many ways that it is sheer idiocy to keep spouting that particular blather.

besides which, weren't you trying to save animals???
ENDANGERED-SPECIES ANIMALS. Humans are running neck-and-neck with rats as the second-most-populous mammal on Earth (mice are in first place). We could experience two consecutive True Malthusian Catastrophes, killing 99% of all humans each time, and still not be an endangered species! I'm not recommending any such thing; I'm simply presenting an accurate perspective regarding ONE reason why some animals are more worthy of being saved than others. All the abortions ever done have not-in-the-least kept humanity's population from growing. While other animal populations shrink (mostly due to humans invading their territory).

Would you promote just arbitrarily killing people in comas, this being a similar potential temporary state of non capacity?
NOPE, BECAUSE AS USUAL, THE ABORTION OPPONENT DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE IS BLATHERING ABOUT. There is a very distinct difference between having something, and using it. People in comas do wake up often enough to prove that they never lost the abilities associated with personhood, the abilities that lets persons be distinguished from ordinary animals. Comatose people merely are unable to use those abilities. Meanwhile, unborn humans never had any personhood abilities in the first place. Which is exactly why they are not people!

10. The cuticle cell is just that, a zygote is different having different programming.
TRUE SO FAR. But that doesn't change the Fact that either cell can be reprogrammed to process different DNA code (viruses normally cause that). We know of nothing to make it impossible for either cell to process the same DNA code that the other cell normally processes.

Just like a computer that is loaded with all the software and capacity to be a super computer versus one that is programmed only to run an ATM machine.
YOUR DESCRIPTION IS NOT QUITE ANALOGOUS ENOUGH. Since both cells (above) have the same capacity to process the other cell's code, both computers in your analogy need the same physical capacity to process each other's software. ALSO, since both cells have both sets of DNA code (because each has complete human DNA code!), both of your computers need to be loaded with both sets of software. The only real difference between them is some "interface" stuff, relatively trivial (like, the ATM machine has an ATM-card-reader, while the supercomputer probably doesn't) --and of course the fact that each is not processing the same subset of software as the other.

Doesn't mean you save every ATM computer in the hopes that one day it may be, or could be, converted to a supercomputer.
REALLY? Since your analogy was defective, your conclusion is also defective. The ATM computer IS a supercomputer in the more-accurate analogy.

[part 4, msg in reply to #88]

You used the analogy to distract from the fact that, while things are possible, that is not how it goes.
NO DISTRACTION. It is a common theme of abortion opponents that "Potential must be fulfilled!" --even if they seldom say it that baldly. I simply described a particular potential that (1) they mostly didn't know about, and (2) turns that "slogan" into worthless blather. In other words, just because a particular potential exists (a cuticle cell processing zygote DNA code), it does not actually have to be fulfilled.

Zygotes are zygotes and cuticle cells are cuticle cells,
A ZYGOTE IS A POTENTIAL CUTICLE CELL. It could be told to convert itself into a cuticle cell (which is exactly what one of its descendants normally does). Suppose a zygote was told to do that thing. Would you have a problem with that? It would still be a living human cell, but it would no longer be acting in a way that could lead to the development of an entire human body.

what humans can manipulate/transform them into now and in the future has no basis in the entire premise...
FALSE. POTENTIALS ARE REAL THINGS. Ignoring them is like saying another giant asteroid or comet will never, ever, impact the Earth. Therefore potentials cannot be ignored, and must be considered.

its just a fiction created by you
FALSE. The discoveries of stem cell researchers are very real. While we don't yet know how to make a cuticle cell revert all the way back to the zygote stage, we are absolutely certain it can be done. And stem-cell researchers are going to keep looking, until they find out how to do it.

so that you can lamely ask why pro lifers aren't saving all cuticle cells. Just asinine... and you know it.
GENERIC DENUNCIATION. Worthless blather, therefore. **ACTUALLY**, when abortion opponents don't rally to save cuticle cells --human life!-- I get to ask them what makes one potential Objectively more important than some other potential. I'm confident that you cannot answer that question --you will only be able to offer Subjective excuses, not an Objective rationale.

11. You? Explain to me that cells transform and we develop? Ha ha ha. Thanks,
YOU ARE WELCOME.

now tell me something I didn't know [that is actually true].
I DID. Your choice to not believe the accuracy of The Cuticle Cell Argument doesn't change the truths it contains, not in the slightest.

Some slow down, come to a dead stop at certain levels it seems.
STUDY THE HOMEOBOX OR HOX GENES. They are responsible for the overall form of a multi-celled organism. They control when enough cells of a certain type have been produced, such that those cells don't need to make more copies of themselves (unless to repair an injury).

[part 5, msg in reply to #88]

12. If you want to claim 33,000 species dying a year, you need much more than a claim by an agenda driven website.
Is National Geographic agenda-driven? How about Scientific American? Or New Scientist? I note that those articles don't specifically mention 33,000 species going extinct each year, but they do say the current extinction rate is something like 1000 times the normal rate. Here's something about that normal extinction rate. Doing some math indicates that the number 33,000 could indeed be an exaggeration --870 might be a more accurate number (but that last article indicates it could become 8,700 in the not-distant future). SO, while I don't mind having a more-accurate number, YOU still haven't stated any reason why human life is more important than hundreds of other species, such that we need not be concerned with killing that many every single year! PLUS, you need to explain why it is OK to eliminate wilderness (via encroachment of increasing human population) when exposure to wilderness is psychologically beneficial!

You might start by listing them, but to just whip off a number like that is not scientific,
TRUE. But that number 33,000 almost certainly wasn't created out of thin air. Somebody computed a number, possibly using SOME flawed data, and others popularized it, possibly exaggerating it. The fact remains, human population growth IS driving many other species to extinction EVERY YEAR.

its not a fact and we both know it.
PARTLY FALSE. Only the exact number was not a fact. What IS a fact is, human population growth is driving many other species to extinction every year.

I would suggest you are welcome to consider yourself a parasite,
A STUPID SUGGESTION. Humans stop acting worse than parasites at birth. THEN they start acting innocently. Later, some of them might become parasites of a different sort (criminals).
13. Don't like the suggestion?
WRONG DESCRIPTION. Your suggestion exhibited ignorance and/or low intelligence on your part, because it had nothing to do with the realities of born humans. That's why it was stupid.

Don't like being considered a parasite,
WHAT PARASITIC ACTIONS ARE YOU ACCUSING ME OF? Parasitic actions help define a parasite, right? So, if you want to accuse someone of qualifying as a parasite, you need to be able to specify the parasitic actions of that someone. Otherwise you are just spouting a stupid lie!

but willing to label other humans that without problem, eh?
ONLY THOSE THAT QUALIFY, PER THEIR DEMONSTRABLE PARASITIC ACTIONS. Did you pay any attention to what I wrote in that other message, "Humans stop acting worse than parasites at birth."?

If you feel so strongly about overpopulation, the need to kill off much of the human species,
ANOTHER STUPID LIE ON YOUR PART. All the abortions ever done in no way qualifies as "much of the human species". It has not in the slightest stopped the global human population from continuing to increase as it has for most of the last 40 years, at a rate of about 80 million extra mouths-to-feed each year.

[part 6, last msg in reply to #88]

its funny the ones proclaiming this should be welcoming the opportunity to volunteer for the sake of the planet, right?
NOT FUNNY. As usual, the abortion opponent ignorantly fails to recognize the major difference between human persons and human animals. Abortion ONLY targets animals, not persons. PERIOD. Yet abortion opponents, NOT pro-choicers, continually blather about killing persons, instead! Tsk, tsk!

Why not consider oneself a parasite
THERE ARE NO FACTS TO SUPPORT SUCH A CONSIDERATION. That's why!

instead of condemning others to that title,
ONLY ANIMALS MEASURABLY ACTING LIKE PARASITES HAVE BEEN LABELED AS EQUIVALENT TO PARASITES (or worse than parasites). If by "others" you refer to persons, almost NONE such have been labeled "parasitic" (except for criminals mentioned earlier).

to ease your conscience, and then killing them?
MY CONSCIENCE IS CLEAR. Only mere-animal/parasitic entities are targeted by abortion. PERIOD.

[Part 1 of reply to Msg #91]
Fortunately you don't get to make those command decisions,
I'M PRESENTING FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. If millions of people claim the Earth is flat --which they did some centuries ago-- does that make them right? So if millions of people call unborn humans "beings", does that make them right? NOPE! Not when they are inconsistent in one way (fail to call mosquitoes "mosquito beings" or snails "snail beings" for example) and consistent in another way (call extraterrestrials "alien beings", for example). Beings are persons, and since unborn humans absolutely fail to qualify as persons, they cannot deserve to be called "beings".

just need a couple good supreme court justices having human feelings, understanding life.
THE MORE EDUCATED THEY ARE ABOUT BIOLOGY AND INTELLIGENCE (including education about future True Artificial Intelligences, which will exist entirely independently of biology, and especially exist independently of Stupid Prejudice about human biology), the less likely those justices are to call unborn humans "beings".

Your callousness to fellow humans is noted...
YOUR WORTHLESS CLAIM OF CALLOUSNESS IS NOTED. Person rights are FAR more important than "human rights". Person rights means you are not allowed to be Stupidly Prejudiced against dolphins (to the extent they qualify as persons), or extraterrestrial beings, or True Artificial Intelligences. Your Stupidly Prejudiced focus on "human rights" is just an excuse to kill dolphins and enslave all other intelligent beings in the Universe. Tsk, tsk! ALSO: Unborn humans do not qualify as "fellows". They are mere-animal entities only! Actual fellow humans are all persons!

discarded.
ENTIRELY BECAUSE YOU WANT TO EXHIBIT STUPID PREJUDICE. Tsk, tsk!

A live comatose/brain dead
TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. Comatose is VERY different from brain death. The comatose always have a chance of waking up. The brain dead are DEAD, and a death certificate to that effect is routinely filled out.

12 year old is still a human being.
WHEN ONLY COMATOSE, TRUE. When brain dead, the 12-year-old is just another corpse, and the still-alive status of the body (excluding the brain) is totally irrelevant.

Just because you are temporarily, or even permanently, incapacitated does not rob you of your being, humanity nor person hood.
TRUE WITH RESPECT TO INCAPACITATION; utterly false with respect to brain death. And with respect to the Overall Abortion Debate, unborn humans LACK the capabilities associated with personhood, exactly like most ordinary animals. An ordinary but comatose person still has[/p] the capabilities associated with personhood; the inability to access them is irrelevant. (In the brain dead, those abilities are destroyed; they no longer exist, which is why those humans are corpses and not human beings.) Unborn humans, meanwhile, simply have not yet developed the capabilities associated with personhood. That's why they are mere-animal entities, and not persons.

So, easy---rats are not human.
ARE YOU EXHIBITING STUPID PREJUDICE AGAIN? You talked about unborn humans beginning to exist through no fault of their own, and acting in accordance with their built-in Natural programming, and I pointed out that those same statements apply to rats and mosquitoes. Yet here you seem to be claiming that just because some life-form is human, it must automatically somehow be more special than other life-forms. THAT'S THE ESSENCE OF STUPID PREJUDICE. Especially when you have failed to specify WHY human-ness is better than rat-ness or mosquito-ness.

You despise most things human,
FALSE. I, unlike typically ignorant abortion opponents, fully understand that Too Much Of Any Good Thing Is Always A Bad Thing. This applies to humans, just as much as it applies to sunshine or rain or any other thing you might care to specify. Currently, It Is Measurable Fact that there are too many humans in the world for the original global/diverse ecosystem to thrive. There is nothing despicable IN GENERAL about human stuff. There is only the Bad Thing of TOO MUCH human stuff.

[Part 2 of reply to Msg #91]
that does not make it a requirement for the rest of us.
NOT WHAT I PROMOTE. I do not despise humanity.

We caring and compassionate sorts.
AN IGNORANT LIE. It is not pro-choicers who want to end Welfare, and it is not pro-choicers who want to eliminate the Minimum Wage Law, and it is not pro-choicers who want to cut back on Social Security, and it is not pro-choicers who want to eliminate the Clean Air Act, and it is not pro-choicers who want to eliminate the Clean Water Act, and it is not pro-choicers who want to force defective unborn human bodies to get born, so that when they eventually develop minds those minds can suffer from those defects for a lifetime.

Lived on the planet probably longer than you,
IRRELEVANT, unless that means your brain has rotted and can't learn anything new, per the adage "It ain't what you don't know that hurts so much as what you do know that ain't so."

studied history, politics, life/society probably far more than you could ever think to.
WHAT? No biology, biochemstry, molecular biology, cellular biology, and other sciences actually about the facts of human existence, and thus far more relevant to the Overall Abortion Debate than the worthless arbitrary opinions spouted in those other disciplines?

You have no proven understanding,
HAW! HAW!! HAW!!! I fully understand how all anti-abortion arguments in this day-and-age are based on ignorance and/or delusions and/or bad data and/or Stupid Prejudice and/or Stupid Hypocrisy and/or .... You have not got even ONE valid argument for banning abortion in this day-and-age.

an agenda is all.
FALSE; see above. I may also have the agenda of revealing the idiocy behind anti-abortion arguments, but then, idiotic arguments deserve to be exposed, right?

Shallow observations on wanted and unwanted are easily dismissed.
OH? Talking about abortion opponents shallowly wanting abortions prevented? HAW! HAW!! HAW!!! You deluded folks think that what YOU want is somehow more important than what other people want. Tsk, tsk! (The want's of the unborn don't matter, of course, since their "wants" are actually totally mindless biological drives entirely independent of intelligent thought and personhood, just like most ordinary animals.)

1. In a wanted pregnancy if the human at whatever stage does not perform and naturally dies, itself is to be blamed.
TRUE. MORE, it also can to be blamed for various actions. Like stealing biological nutrients from the body of another living thing, like a typical parasite of fictional vampire. Like dumping toxic biowastes into the body of another living thing, also like a typical parasite and worse than a fictional vampire. Like infusing an addictive substance (progesterone) into the body of another living thing, worse than a typical parasite. And like infusing a mind-altering substance (oxytocin) into the body of another living thing, also worse than a typical parasite.

IF another entity, the mother/doctor/etc..., causes the death of the human in whatever stage of development, those causing the death are to blame.
TRUE. But why are you exhibiting Stupid Prejudice, focusing only on cause-of-death of humans by humans? What of humans causing deaths of fish and deer and cattle and hogs and various birds and lots of other animals, just for food? What of humans causing not only deaths of animals, but deaths of entire species of animals, just for living space? Killing almost always happens for a reason! Such as, you might CLAIM your selfish desire to stay alive is somehow more important than the selfish desires of all the living things you kill in the process, but can you provide Objective Proof of that claim? Killing, even of humans by humans, almost always happens for a some sort of human reason, even if it is a purely selfish and Objectively Invalid reason.

What is so hard to get about that?
I DO ACCEPT THAT. But YOU don't accept that an Objectively Valid reason might exist, to kill an unborn human that isn't, say, causing a potentially fatal ectopic pregnancy. So, see again the assaults described above, that unborn humans commit against their hostesses. In almost every human culture, a woman has the right to refuse to tolerate being assaulted! It's just that some cultures are ignorant of assaults by unborn humans, and/or are ignorant of the fact that unborn humans are mindless animals entirely equivalent to lots of other animals routinely killed --those cultures need to become educated.

[Part 3 of reply to Msg #91]

2. An artist etc... can destroy his own property,
TRUE. And so also can a mad scientist creating life in his laboratory also destroy his creation.

humans in our country, since the 13th amendment, cannot be owned as property...
UTTERLY FALSE. Only PERSONS cannot be property. Therefore you are not allowed to enslave an extraterrestrial alien being who politely knocks on your door. But since unborn humans are, provably, mere-animal entities and not persons, they most certainly can be owned.

so your analogy is irrelevant to the conversation.
YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE BLATHERING ABOUT. Typical for abortion opponents. Tsk, tsk!

***Note that I am not going to go back a read every post you ever posted on the subject,
YOUR LOSS. Knowledge is power, not the ignorance you and your ilk embrace.

especially seeing as you do not have the ability to understand/complete an argument logically, proven by 1&2 above...
HAW! HAW!! HAW!!! Your mere claim is worthless. I understand logic extremely well; I'm an expert computer programmer. And that is why I can show --and did show-- that what YOU claim to be a logical argument actually isn't. Mostly because of cherry-picked data, ignoring the Big Picture.

besides which dolphinocean already destroyed your pitiful substitutes for arguments***
ANOTHER WORTHESS UNSUPPORTED CLAIM.

See above re: rats.
STUPID PREJUDICE is all I saw you blather above. More uttertly worthless argumentation that is.

Cuticles do NOT become humans,
THEY DO NOT **NOW** YIELD WHOLE HUMAN BODIES. They are actually already 100% human living organisms. You seem to be having a problem with the word "potential". A zygote is not a whole human body, any more than is a cuticle cell. BOTH HAVE THE POTENTIAL to yield whole human bodies, and NEITHER can accomplish it without Active External Help. The cuticle cell in fact has MORE potential to yield a whole human body, since about 2/3 of the time, a new-formed zygote is doomed to Naturally die from some genetic defect or other. But the cuticle cell has all the DNA of a zygote that DIDN'T have fatally flawed DNA; it is a direct descendant of that zygote.

how many times must you be informed of that FACT?
HOW MANY TIMES MUST YOU BE TOLD TO THINK ABOUT THE BIG PICTURE, INSTEAD OF YOUR STUPIDLY PREJUDICED CHERRY-PICKED DATA? Opposing abortion is very equivalent to demanding "potential must be fulfilled" --and a cuticle cell provably has better potential than the average zygote!

Your article is solely an attempt to make a cuticle programmed cell something it specifically is not, a zygote.
IT ACKNOWLEDGES FACTS. Such as the **fact** that various calls can transform to become different cells. What Naturally triggers a stem cell to become a tooth cell or a white blood cell or a muscle cell or a nerve cell or a ....? The thing you blathered, that I just quoted, implies that Nature is wrong to do that! But since Nature doesn't care about your worthless blatherings, neither do I, and neither does any stem-cell researcher looking to find the Natural triggers that can tell a cell to change it specialization to any other type, including becoming the completely generalized type that is a totipotent stem cell like a zygote.

Back
Top Bottom