• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When Mueller presents his report to the AG....

chuckiechan

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
IMO, the AG should hold the Mueller report and let the Trump administration create a rebuttal, and then both reports should be released to the public at the same time.

Well, I can't delete it so there is no poll.

So we try it without the poll.

IMO, the AG should hold the Mueller report and let the Trump administration create a rebuttal, and then both reports should be released to the public at the same time.

Obvious answer: no.

Somewhat less obvious answer (or theory, to be exact): the report is already being released in real time. There will be a final report which will sum up everything we've already learned up to the completion of the investigation.

The only thing the DOJ will release to the public is a summary of the report. You know...classified info and all that.

I don't think Trump should bother with a rebuttal. If the report is damaging, the only ones interested will be Congress. If the House wants to take action, that'll be the time for any rebuttal.

The only thing the DOJ will release to the public is a summary of the report. You know...classified info and all that.

I don't think Trump should bother with a rebuttal. If the report is damaging, the only ones interested will be Congress. If the House wants to take action, that'll be the time for any rebuttal.

I think the accused should always be entitled to a rebuttal.

Personally, I hope the democrats go for impeachment. That will end it and they will lost their entire identity as a party.

doesnt matter what the report says...nothin is going to happen to trump and the senate will do their own investigation of the legitimacy of the "mueller report"

Personally, I hope the democrats go for impeachment. That will end it and they will lost their entire identity as a party.

It appears you’ve already concluded that Mueller’s final report will provide cause for impeachment.

You admit Trump is guilty of Felonies?

It appears you’ve already concluded that Mueller’s final report will provide cause for impeachment.

I suspect those who want impeachment will only read it one way no matter the content. That would be par for the course.

I suspect those who want impeachment will only read it one way no matter the content. That would be par for the course.

I take it you don't expect the report to conclude that Trump is innocent.

Would it take longer than the 24-48 hours it takes to get the new propaganda points out now?

Maybe two years would work. Give the people time to forget.

I take it you don't expect the report to conclude that Trump is innocent.

No, I expect those interested in impeachment won't care what it says. They are already gearing up for it regardless.

Mueller might have reason to fear for his safety if the report contains a shred of positivity for Trump.

I could be wrong and the report nails team Hillary instead.

I would rather have a rebuttal up front rather that have to put up with the psychotic inferences of the media and the political sharks for six more months.

Creating a rebuttal may avoid the rush by the democrat left for impeachment. I understand Trump has a lot of classified information he is not willing to make public just yet. Naysayers will say he is bs'ing, but that doesn't change the fact that there is a lot of classified information Trump has the power to release.

Democrats want the issue, not the actual impeachment itself. That's why they kept Pelosi in power. She knows once she goes there the issue dies and their party may get splashed, also.

So even though I'm in favor of impeachment for political reasons, this constant distraction being created is opening up areas of exploitation by our enemies both foreign and domestic.

I would rather have a rebuttal up front rather that have to put up with the psychotic inferences of the media and the political sharks for six more months.

Creating a rebuttal may avoid the rush by the democrat left for impeachment. I understand Trump has a lot of classified information he is not willing to make public just yet. Naysayers will say he is bs'ing, but that doesn't change the fact that there is a lot of classified information Trump has the power to release.

Democrats want the issue, not the actual impeachment itself. That's why they kept Pelosi in power. She knows once she goes there the issue dies and their party may get splashed, also.

So even though I'm in favor of impeachment for political reasons, this constant distraction being created is opening up areas of exploitation by our enemies both foreign and domestic.

You're THIS CLOSE to understanding why you don't make a conman with a history of fraud and serial lying who refuses to release his tax returns the President of your nation.

Trump can present his rebuttal at the trial.

Obvious answer: no.

Somewhat less obvious answer (or theory, to be exact): the report is already being released in real time. There will be a final report which will sum up everything we've already learned up to the completion of the investigation.

Red:
I suspect, given that there are counterintelligence aspects to Mueller's investigation, that there will material pieces of information in his final report that weren't disclosed to the public and that won't be. To wit:
  • Multiple sentencing documents Mueller has submitted have had redacted from public view material portions.
  • We have yet to be told why Gen. Flynn lied about his interactions with Russian officials, even though we know he knew (the man served as the director of the DIA, for God's sake) his interactions (calls) were being intercepted and recorded.
  • Maria Butina, who has now admitted to being an an anti-US-interests agent of Russian gov't, attested to receiving her funding from a Russian oligarch. The only good reason for that routing of monies is to obscure the Russian gov't's role.
  • Several of Mueller's indictees are Russian GRU, intelligence officers.
No matter who receives the full and final report, the general public almost certainly won't receive an unredacted version of it.

Red:
I suspect, given that there are counterintelligence aspects to Mueller's investigation, that there will material pieces of information in his final report that weren't disclosed to the public and that won't be. To wit:
  • Multiple sentencing documents Mueller has submitted have had redacted from public view material portions.
  • We have yet to be told why Gen. Flynn lied about his interactions with Russian officials, even though we know he knew (the man served as the director of the DIA, for God's sake) his interactions (calls) were being intercepted and recorded.
  • Maria Butina, who has now admitted to being an an anti-US-interests agent of Russian gov't, attested to receiving her funding from a Russian oligarch. The only good reason for that routing of monies is to obscure the Russian gov't's role.
  • Several of Mueller's indictees are Russian GRU, intelligence officers.
No matter who receives the full and final report, the general public almost certainly won't receive an unredacted version of it.

I wasn't very specific. I also didn't mention that the final report would include a legal conclusion on whether Trump committed obstruction of justice. But largely speaking, official court record could be considered to be a "living Special Counsel report."

I wonder what Charles Manson's rebuttal would have said.

Well to be fair just what is publicly known is far more incriminating than anything either Nixon or Clinton were guilty of..

Do you mean the very surprising information on Obamas birth certificate that trumps very best people have uncovered that only trump has access to?

I wonder what Charles Manson's rebuttal would have said.

"I didn't kill anyone, I didn't order anyone to kill anyone, those ****ing hippies are liars, how can you believe a murderer???"

Sorta the same things trump has been saying, one cult leader is the same as another just as all people who fall for cult leaders are the same...

Why a fair legal defence seem to become less and less popular in this country is beyond me. Of course Trump shoud be able to release his defence at the same time when this goes public.

No, I expect those interested in impeachment won't care what it says. They are already gearing up for it regardless.

Mueller might have reason to fear for his safety if the report contains a shred of positivity for Trump.

I could be wrong and the report nails team Hillary instead.
If Mueller doesn't deliver Trump's head on a silver platter, I hope he gets a Secret Service detail.

Why a fair legal defence seem to become less and less popular in this country is beyond me. Of course Trump shoud be able to release his defence at the same time when this goes public.

He's releasing his defense now.

His rebuttal to the final report will be no different to the rebuttals he's been offering up regularly. "Not crimes." "Witch hunt." "Mueller and his 12 angry Democrats." "Deep state." "WhataboutClinton." "Lyin' Comey." Etc.

Back
Top Bottom