• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When it intrudes into my life

Not for some of us, we think he was being open and honest and I for one might not classify it as a war but we are in the middle of something significant and he (like I) wonder why? For me, I wonder why it is that we elect the first ever black President in this country and holy heck breaks loose with regards to racial divisions in this country. It's a question that begs to be answered. I'm old enough to remember the 70's and from my perspective, things have gotten progressively better between the races in this country. Is it perfect, no. But the bigger picture isn't about the color of their skin, it is about their crime in their communities, the number without two family homes, the number who are on welfare and other government programs. It is also about the issue with police interactions. They should be treated with the same respect period. But we can't just claim it is a black and white issue. Police are also afraid for their safety. They see what happens on the streets daily. You can't ignore that. You cannot ignore the number of police killed on duty. You can't ignore the black on black crime in our cities and communities. To pretend that this is just about race is in my opinion hard to get past.

You seemed to focus a lot on Black and Fear in this post.

Whether the OP feelings were indicative of a real or metaphorical race war coming...one can not ignore that the OP was the one that had the feelings of uneasiness.

I, nor you, have any way possible to make police officers feel more safe on the job. It is a dirty, dangerous, stressful, and often thankless job. ....but is a voluntary profession in which we ask that each and every officer acts in a professional manor.

It seems to me that other officers, under as much stress and with as much fear, are able to function in a professional manor.

We can not continue to excuse unprofessional behavior with the excuse "it's dangerous out there"...and "look at who they are policing". That is not an option any longer.

I'm no math major and I may be from Mississippi, but I DO know that the current US population is around 320 million and I DO know that 3% of that IS NOT 1.13 million. :lol:

To be fair....its actually 9.6 million people. Incidentally....if 9.6 million armed citizens took to the streets in organized units, I may consider calling it a "war" at that point.

There are 37 mil blacks. Outside of irrelevant groups like the KKK and such there isn't anything going on with the other side because whites are not the ones that have been targeted by the propaganda. And, I want to clarify, that's it's not solely propaganda but also the existence of actual system racism that lends the propaganda some legitimacy. I think we are at an unprecedented level of equality but we have further to go.

No. There is zero kernel of truth to "Now we find the race wars beginning to start." Not even the sliver of skin on the outside of the kernel's shell.

Sure. People being gunned down, specifically on racial premises, and having a significant number of people either cheering for those actions, sympathetic for it, or believing there is justification.

Nothing to see here. Nothing at all. Carry on people.

Again, while I agree with your overall premise here, I must take issue with your faulty analogies. You say there were "no shots fired" in the cold war? Really? Proxy wars don't count? Did we not fight the Soviets indirectly and the Chinese head-on at one point? What about the hundreds of thousands of Vietnamese, Koreans, Cubans, Poles, Czechs, AND AMERICANS etc. who died in Cold War conflicts? Don't those count? The media and the Educational System are truly failing the American public...... :(

Yes, they count but, again, we never fought directly with Russia.

There are 37 mil blacks. Outside of irrelevant groups like the KKK and such there isn't anything going on with the other side because whites are not the ones that have been targeted by the propaganda. And, I want to clarify, that's it's not solely propaganda but also the existence of actual system racism that lends the propaganda some legitimacy. I think we are at an unprecedented level of equality but we have further to go.

Ohhhhh....so now you're saying that ONLY Blacks would join such a movement? There are no whites or people of other races who've joined the BLM movement or who join these protests? You're thinking a bit too simplistically.

Ohhhhh....so now you're saying that ONLY Blacks would join such a movement? There are no whites or people of other races who've joined the BLM movement or who join these protests? You're thinking a bit too simplistically.

You're right. I concede on that point but I think the motivation is significantly lower and the numbers wouldn't be there at a level worth mentioning.

Yes, they count but, again, we never fought directly with Russia.

I'm sorry, try as you'd like....use any conflict in History as a comparison to try and defend the OP's claim that there's a "race war starting" and you will still make no headway with me, nor should you with any rational thinker. This just isn't so. Its exaggeration.....hyperbole....paranoia....call it what you will, but races have not declared all-out war on one another. Stop feeding the hype. You are indicative of the problem of spreading such mass hysteria.

Sure. People being gunned down, specifically on racial premises, and having a significant number of people either cheering for those actions, sympathetic for it, or believing there is justification.

Nothing to see here. Nothing at all. Carry on people.

Right. Because "it isn't the start of a race war" and "nothing to see here" are the same.

I'm sorry, try as you'd like....use any conflict in History as a comparison to try and defend the OP's claim that there's a "race war starting" and you will still make no headway with me, nor should you with any rational thinker. This just isn't so. Its exaggeration.....hyperbole....paranoia....call it what you will, but races have not declared all-out war on one another. Stop feeding the hype. You are indicative of the problem of spreading such mass hysteria.

Well, I wouldn't call it a race war but I don't know of what term would be appropriate, either. There's something significant there and there isn't a sufficient term to describe it, that I can think of. It's more than just racial tension, because we've had that for about forever now.

Well, I wouldn't call it a race war but I don't know of what term would be appropriate, either. There's something significant there and there isn't a sufficient term to describe it, that I can think of. It's more than just racial tension, because we've had that for about forever now.

I call it a knee-jerk violent reaction. Social media, irresponsible reporting, the bored and ignorant masses with cell phones, and a presidential election year have turned isolated incidents into false perceptions of a total breakdown of our political/social structures.

Get informed, read beyond the tweet or headline, dig deeper..........spread the word! Thanks.

Last edited:
I call it reactionary violence.

Reactionary to what? Media propaganda? If you do a full and honest analysis the problem looks to be a lot more of a police procedure/culture/brutality problem that effects everyone and less of a "this is just a black problem".

During the same time as the two recent incidents happened a young, unarmed, white kid was shot by police in Fresno, CA. He was 19 and he was shot 4 times. The two final shots where when he was already on the ground from the two previous shots. There is a cell phone video out there that captured the final two shots.

Reactionary to what? Media propaganda? If you do a full and honest analysis the problem looks to be a lot more of a police procedure/culture/brutality problem that effects everyone and less of a "this is just a black problem".

During the same time as the two recent incidents happened a young, unarmed, white kid was shot by police in Fresno, CA. He was 19 and he was shot 4 times. The two final shots where when he was already on the ground from the two previous shots. There is a cell phone video out there that captured the final two shots.
I edited it to explain in detail.

I call it a knee-jerk violent reaction. Social media, irresponsible reporting, the bored and ignorant masses with cell phones, and a presidential election year have turned isolated incidents into false perceptions of a total breakdown of our political/social structures.

So is there a term for this that conveys the meaning?

So is there a term for this that conveys the meaning?
Hmmm, I'm not sure. Pseudo-revolution maybe? Historical terms don't often mesh well with these events which are driven by campaigns of misinformation through modern technology. Someone will coin a term eventually I suppose.

Tell that to the officers of Dallas... The family of that dead woman in Tennessee...

those are asshole murderers, not a stormfronter race war masturbation fantasy.

You can't ignore the black on black crime in our cities and communities.

No, you can't. 123 officers were killed in the line of duty last year. That's up from ... 122 the previous year.

In 2007, the year before Obama was elected, it was 192. In 2001, thanks to 9/11, it was 241. In fact, the yearly trends of the last five years have the number of officers killed in the line of duty at their lowest levels in decades.

National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund: Officer Deaths by Year

those are asshole murderers, not a stormfronter race war masturbation fantasy.

You're arrogantly blind to the to the reasons these people committed the acts they did.

During the overnight standoff that led to his death, the suspect told a hostage negotiator that he was upset about the recent police shootings of two black men and that he wanted to kill white people, especially police officers, Dallas Police Chief David Brown said at a news conference this morning.
Dallas Shooting Suspect Micah Xavier Johnson Had Rifles, Bomb-Making Materials in His Home, Police Say - ABC News

Had he been white and said:
During the overnight standoff that led to his death, the suspect told a hostage negotiator that he was upset about the recent police shootings of two white men and that he wanted to kill black people, especially police officers, Dallas Police Chief David Brown said at a news conference this morning.

Something tells me you'd not ignore that.

You're arrogantly blind to the to the reasons these people committed the acts they did.

Dallas Shooting Suspect Micah Xavier Johnson Had Rifles, Bomb-Making Materials in His Home, Police Say - ABC News

During the overnight standoff that led to his death, the suspect told a hostage negotiator that he was upset about the recent police shootings of two white men and that he wanted to kill black people, especially police officers, Dallas Police Chief David Brown said at a news conference this morning.

I dunno, Dylann Roof was quite obviously out to kill black people and I don't remember anyone claiming that was part of a "race war" (except for maybe Roof himself).

A "war" is not fought by the actions of lone nutbars.

there's still no stormfronter fantasy "race war." there are violent, stupid assholes who want to kill other people.

there's still no stormfronter fantasy "race war." there are violent, stupid assholes who want to kill other people.

Yeah, there's no "race war" going on. That's just Charles Mason-esque BS.

Yeah, there's no "race war" going on. That's just Charles Mason-esque BS.

There isn't an active "Race war" but there are warriors fighting one, even they fight it individually.

There isn't an active "Race war" but there are warriors fighting one, even they fight it individually.
Of course, validating the lone wolf "warriors" as participants in a "Race War" gives them something that another aspiring race warrior, Charles Mansion, never achieved in his miserable lifetime--- false legitimacy. Why would we do that? They are murderers who committed hate crimes. And if they survive the robot bombs, they'll be charged as such.

Back
Top Bottom