• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When is the press going to do its job

The role for “hounding Schumer and Pelosi” belongs exclusively to know nothings on the web. The job of the press is to report Schumer’s and Pelosi’s positions on immigration and what legislation, if any, they are involved in concerning immigration. The press as usual is and has been doing that.

The press should ask the about the fact that so many real Americans think they have the blood of other Americans on their hands that have been killed by criminal invaders. Ask them when they are going to represent Americans.

When is the so called press in this country going to do its job. When are the going to hound Schumer and Pelosi about all the Americans killed by criminal invaders, that simply should not be there. Why are they supporting these criminal invaders that kill Americans. They should hound them like the do President Trump 24 hours a day.

Source?

When is the so called press in this country going to do its job. When are the going to hound Schumer and Pelosi about all the Americans killed by criminal invaders, that simply should not be there. Why are they supporting these criminal invaders that kill Americans. They should hound them like the do President Trump 24 hours a day.

How are Schumer and Pelosi responsible for homicides committed by illegal immigrants?

It is not the press's job to hound politicians in order to further a political agenda. It is their job to report the news. The salacious antics of a President of the United States embroiled in multiple investigations into impropriety who says controversial things are more news worthy than the routine political maneuverings of the senior senator or the speaker of the house.

If you'd wanted the press not to hound the president, you should have voted for the candidate with the least checkered past that didn't constantly say controversial things. If you like the fact that he says controversial things, then you have to live with the fact that those things are going to make the news.

If I am they sure have stiffed me on my pay check. Not one red cent has come my way. Unlike so many on the left I was never brainwashed by some radial left wing professor. I am coldly logical and can actually think for my self.

You are many things...logical is not one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When is the so called press in this country going to do its job.

You do know questions require a question mark right?

Geezus lol.

The press is doing it's job just fine. You just don't like what they expose.

Yes, I get my news from FOX. I never let myself be contaminated by CNN or MSNBC.

No, I cannot start my own media empire ..."The only people who enjoy freedom of the press are those people who own a printing press."

Actually, that is no longer true. There are many people in the world who have millions of followers on Twitter, Facebook, and their own websites, and it does not cost a fortune.

I know a teenage boy who has the hottest Britney Spears fan page on the planet. Bigger than Britney's own page (as measured in millions of hits). It is so popular that Britney's people tried first to buy it, then to shut it down. They couldn't do that, either. He has been so effective with his work that other artists are asking him to the same for them and he is busy building his own little media empire. He is making a tidy fortune in ad revenue. He was a kid when he started it and that's been over ten years.

With today's technology, virtually anyone can have an audience numbering in the millions, provided they have a point of view worth reading.

There are many people in the world who have millions of followers on Twitter, Facebook, and their own websites, and it does not cost a fortune.

Thanks for that interesting and informative post.

To be fair, however, that young man's website is about a singer.

I am an old man who has never gone to Twitter or Facebook, etc., but I have heard that comments about controversial topics are being censored or banned by those platforms. And we all know that search engines have removed "certain" websites from the Web.

But, yes, you have definitely made a good point in general. E.g., I hear that the Drudge Report (which is the first website I go to each morning) has millions of readers. And he started it all with a report about a, uh, dress stain.

Happy New Year

The role for “hounding Schumer and Pelosi” belongs exclusively to know nothings on the web. The job of the press is to report Schumer’s and Pelosi’s positions on immigration and what legislation, if any, they are involved in concerning immigration. The press as usual is and has been doing that.

Got evidence for that?

So you have nothing then.

Not interested in filling the holes in your mind. I gave you a suggestion for doing that yourself. Don’t pester me again, please.

Thanks for that interesting and informative post.

To be fair, however, that young man's website is about a singer.

I am an old man who has never gone to Twitter or Facebook, etc., but I have heard that comments about controversial topics are being censored or banned by those platforms. And we all know that search engines have removed "certain" websites from the Web.

But, yes, you have definitely made a good point in general. E.g., I hear that the Drudge Report (which is the first website I go to each morning) has millions of readers. And he started it all with a report about a, uh, dress stain.

Happy New Year

The topic of his website is irrelevant. He had an interest, a passion, and he was so good that powerful people tried to silence him. Today he has an audience that numbers in the millions. If someone has a passion, a point of view, they too can build an audience.

The point is you no longer have to buy ink by the barrel. Everyone has a printing press at their fingertips.

I too have heard that Facebook, Twitter,etc., have censored. However, my research indicates these private owned platforms simply enforce their terms of service, some better than others. It would not do to squelch controversy for a political agenda. These platforms make money by increasing traffic. Controversies drive traffic. Just as DP 'censors' posts and users that do not conform to their TOS it has more to do with maintaining and increasing the number of hits they get each day than on a political agenda.

Here's a clue: Search engines do not "remove" websites from the web. Furthermore, if you are unhappy with the results you get with a particular search engine, there a numerous competing search engines, all vying for your traffic. How's this for irony? Do a Google search on "search engines" and see what you learn.

You stated you only watch FOX News. With the wealth of points of view out there, that is a shame. I personally read a half-dozen newspapers online every day and peruse a dozen more less frequently. The same with other news media sites, including FOX News, MSNBC, CBS, ABC News, BBC, Al Jazeera, Drudge Report, Breitbart etc. By limiting your sources, you're limiting your knowledge. By systematically bookmarking websites you can build your own custom internet library.

Back
Top Bottom