• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When is an "unarmed man" shot by the police, not an unarmed man?

Court Jester

Proud Systemic Anti-Wokist Paleocon Jedi Master
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Jacob Blake finally admits he was armed and not following police commands when he was shot by the Kenosha police. I wonder how many news agencies will go back and correct their false reporting on this incident? Too bad however for all the business and property owners who were damaged by this lie. No relief for them unfortunately.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/jacob-blake-knife-shot-police

qw0ij0nbfz531.png

Jacob Blake finally admits he was armed and not following police commands when he was shot by the Kenosha police. I wonder how many news agencies will go back and correct their false reporting on this incident? Too bad however for all the business and property owners who were damaged by this lie. No relief for them unfortunately.

MSM reported right from the start that Blake had a knife.

the meme isnt about language. its about fear

No. It's about a police interaction.

Jacob Blake, a Black man who was shot by a White police officer in Wisconsin in August, said during an interview on Thursday that he was carrying a knife when the incident occurred.

Blake, 29, told ABC's "Good Morning America" that he dropped a pocketknife as police were trying to arrest him, and then he picked it back up.

"I realized I had dropped my knife, I had a little pocketknife, so I picked it up," Blake said of his scuffle with the Kenosha officer, who had tazed him.

What a stupid, stupid thing to do....

"I realized I had dropped my knife, I had a little pocketknife, so I picked it up," Blake said of his scuffle with the Kenosha officer, who had tazed him.
What a stupid, stupid thing to do....

ya its so stupid to pickup your personal property when around police, because police are stupid enough to kill you for it

his familly will sue the taxpayer for millions as usual. while the cops get no accountability

One could still make an argument that the shooting wasn't an appropriate use of force in the context of what happened. You could also make the argument that it was. But let's put to bed the notion that the victim is an innocent unarmed man being stopped solely because he is black. He was an armed, wanted felon and his detainment was absolutely justified, and some degree of use of force was also justified. That doesn't automatically mean that the shooting was justified, but event if it wasn't he is still a criminal who should face appropriate justice.

All US citizens are supposed to be trained in the English language sufficient to understand basic commands that police are legally entitled to issue.

Yeah. Like "stop".

Too bad Babbitt seems to have missed that training.

This has been proven to be patently false according to all mainstream media at this point.

ya its so stupid to pickup your personal property when around police, because police are stupid enough to kill you for it

his familly will sue the taxpayer for millions as usual. while the cops get no accountability

If your personal property is a knife... it's beyond stupid! It's a death wish! A small pocket knife can do great damage. The police gave him verbal orders which he failed to follow.
The law suit against the police should be thrown out.

If your personal property is a knife... it's beyond stupid! It's a death wish! A small pocket knife can do great damage. The police gave him verbal orders which he failed to follow.
The law suit against the police should be thrown out.

he was trying to get himself killed

Oh sure! Reaching for a knife after the police arrive and are giving you clear commands to FREEZE-- DON'T MOVE is always a brilliant idea. Because God forbid he should leave "his property" on the ground and not risk his own life. Proof that morons like Blake believe that they are justified to not only ignore lawful orders from the police, but that the police are all racist and therefore he can make up his own rules. His own rules about both laws and reality.

A clear indication that teaching kids in school about Black history, social injustice, and critical race theory--- over math, science, and most importantly logic/critical thinking--- has us where we are at today in society. Jacob Blake actually in his mind on that day believed his actions made perfect sense. And then now his admission that --well, he always "intended to surrender" anyway is all some people need to hear. Yeah, he "intended to surrender" but just wanted to retrieve his weapon first ...and wanted the police to wait until he did so. Oh boy! What brilliant reasoning that takes. And people like that reproduce and vote..... good grief!!!!!

People who are that lacking in any ability to reason, you have to wonder if they aren't possibly mentally retarded. Yep, lots of "mentally retarded" people out getting shot by cops it might seem. He isn't the only one.

HIS FAMILY are the ones who called the police on this violent thug in the first place. But I guess that little factoid does fit so very well into the standard narrative of voilent racist cops, does it?

When he is carrying a sandwich?

Was Jacob Blake carrying a sandwich, or didn't he admit he was carrying a knife?

What part of his admission are you confused about?

Was Jacob Blake carrying a sandwich, or didn't he admit he was carrying a knife?

What part of his admission are you confused about?

Did you not like my answer to the question quoted, is that what this post is about?

What part of my answer are you confused about?

A big disingenuous in this case where the guy literally fought off two police officers and resisted a taser. This wasn't like the guy that was shot with a rifle because he tried to pull his pants up that were falling down because he was forced to crawl across a hotel hallway laying flat on the ground.

Oh sure! Reaching for a knife after the police arrive and are giving you clear commands to FREEZE...
:rolleyes:

Dude. It was a closed pocket knife. Kinda like this. Unless you think he had an open blade in his pocket?

gerber-knife-closed_1920x.png

Plus, I hate to break this to you, but... Knives are legal around the world, yet in comparable nations, police don't kill suspects at anywhere near the rate as they do in the US.

The US police kill suspects...

3 times more than in Canada
10 times more than in France
15 times more than the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway or Finland
30 times more than in Germany, Hong Kong, Portugal, and so on

Wanna guess which nations are more comparable to the US? Try Iran, Angola, Uruguay, Honduras....

And a pocket knife justifies 7 bullets in the back? Seems like the time TSA took my nail clipper. Glad they weren't armed.

Back
Top Bottom