• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When is a human being become a human being?

I had a lady once tell me that people with Downs Syndrome and other genetic mutations aren't human. :eek:

My oldest son is certainly human, and he has Ds. She's wrong.

When the parents give it a name, because without a family and a place in society, humans are not truly human beings.

as far as the law is concerned i think the definition for when life starts should be rooted in the same definition for when we determine legally when someone is considered dead which is when brain function stops. so i think when brain function starts is the point at which someone should be considered alive, legally.

When they learn to formulate sentences properly.

When is a human being become a human being?

When do you a human being is a human being?

Ok, that was funny.

Hey, I can get lucky every once in a while too. Besides, what is life without some humor?

No, we cannot. People who live in isolation develop terrible psychological and physical conditions. Children who are raised without human social interaction never develop essential brain functions, even if they do not die from failure to thrive.

No, we cannot. People who live in isolation develop terrible psychological and physical conditions. Children who are raised without human social interaction never develop essential brain functions, even if they do not die from failure to thrive.

While I agree that infants cannot survive without human interaction, I disagree with you on adults. People who live in isolation might develop psychological disorders, but that doesn't mean they cannot survive. What physical conditions are you talking about, by the way?

Wikipedia said:
John T. Cacioppo's 2008 book, Loneliness: Human Nature and the Need for Social Connection, outlines five distinct pathways through which social isolation contributes to increased illness and early death. He also offers an evolutionary rationale for why the subjective sense of social isolation—loneliness—is so profoundly disruptive to human physiology that it impairs cognition and will power, alters DNA transcription in immune cells, and leads over time to high blood pressure.

Wikipedia said:
Chronic loneliness (as opposed to the normal loneliness everyone feels from time to time), is a serious, life-threatening condition. At least one study has empirically correlated it with an increased risk of cancer, especially for those who hide their loneliness from the outside world.[9] It is associated with increased risk of stroke and cardiovascular disease.[5] People who are socially isolated also report poor sleep quality and thus have diminished restorative processes.

Loneliness will kill you. We are not capable of surviving without other humans.

Loneliness will kill you. We are not capable of surviving without other humans.

I disagree with that. Surely some humans would die under a complete lack of social interaction, but many, if not most would not.

People who aren't lonely die of heart attacks and cancer too. Does that mean that having friends can kill you?

When do you a human being is a human being? The moment it becomes a zygote or the moment it is conceived?

This question is irrelevant to the subject of abortion. Being human doesn't matter, being a person does.

Sperm and egg are human gametes. Once fertilized, it is a diploid human organism. A human being becomes a human being once the egg is fertilized: at conception. Two human gametes don't fuse to create some non human organism that later becomes human once it is birthed.

Back
Top Bottom