• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When is a human being become a human being?

JohnLocke

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
When do you a human being is a human being? The moment it becomes a zygote or the moment it is conceived?

So are you saying that before it is born, that it is not a homo sapien ?

Let me hear your thoughts on all three

Legally, at birth, except in cases when the child is killed against the mother volition while in utero. Physically, as soon as the egg and sperm have combined, at least at the genetic level. Psychologically would be once it starts reacting to external stimuli.

Birth.

And please explain why, not just give a A or B answer.

It would have to attain all, or at least most, of the attributes of a homo sapiens.

Siamese twins don't have bodily sovereignty

No. And it's common practice these days for doctors- with parents' approval- to surgically separate them, sacrificing the weaker if necessary.

When do you a human being is a human being? The moment it becomes a zygote or the moment it is conceived?

Because this thread's new, I'm going to risk interrupting by asking a question. Would a Pro-Life advocate please tell me if he/she believes that using an IUD is an abortion? Or birth control pills? (Technically, they both are.)

Re this thread, my opinion is that a human being is a human being at several months into gestation. I'm not exactly sure when that would be because I haven't done my homework. So I can't pick from OP's two options.

No. And it's common practice these days for doctors- with parents' approval- to surgically separate them, sacrificing the weaker if necessary.

I know I'm going on a tangent but, sacrificing the weaker?!! Who would have the heart to do that. Is this before or after they are born?

How can "it" be any other species BUT human in the womb?

I know I'm going on a tangent but, sacrificing the weaker?!! Who would have the heart to do that. Is this before or after they are born?

After.
First of all, conjoined twins are very rare.
Twins conjoined in ways that it is impossible to separate them without sacrificing one are even more rare; if they're attached only by a band of skin and muscle, great. Just cut it, and they're free.
In some cases, however, the two share organs, such as a heart or liver.
In these cases, they will not survive long anyway, since the organ is severely overtaxed.
In these cases, doctors will detach the weaker twin, and it will die.
This is necessary so that they don't both die.
It's usually done in infancy.

And if they aren't separated they aren't human beings?

Because this thread's new, I'm going to risk interrupting by asking a question. Would a Pro-Life advocate please tell me if he/she believes that using an IUD is an abortion? Or birth control pills? (Technically, they both are.)

Re this thread, my opinion is that a human being is a human being at several months into gestation. I'm not exactly sure when that would be because I haven't done my homework. So I can't pick from OP's two options.

I'm not against contraception, I don't feel that preventing life from commencing is anything close to terminating a life that has commenced.

And if they aren't separated they aren't human beings?

If they aren't separated, they are humans forced to live under inhuman and inhumane conditions, without human rights or bodily sovereignty, and are better off dead.
Much like women forced to endure unwanted pregnancies against their will.

As long as the method does not prevent the zygote from going its normal course. If it prevents the sperm from joining the egg, in my eyes, that method is perfectly fine.

If they aren't separated, they are humans forced to live under inhuman and inhumane conditions, without human rights or bodily sovereignty, and are better off dead.

Huh? Without human rights? Better off dead? Says who?

I had a lady once tell me that people with Downs Syndrome and other genetic mutations aren't human. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom