• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When is a human being become a human being?

You're reasoning is flawed. Social constructs are historical fact. That society imposed rights or restrictions on action or things is historical, as well as constructs. Throughout history we've seen societal constructs come and go, their relevancy in history does not grant them any more or less status as a construct of humanity.

Everything from family to marriage to governance in all their respective forms are constructs, yet very much did exist historically.

My reasoning? I am researching the work of scholars, people who write books and define these things. I haven't seen you post one link or researched your own claims other than reading a sentence that I didn't include in a definition.

Social constructs are historical fact.

What are you suggesting exactly?

I have a problem with saying historical fact because constructs are not necessarily factual. This is another reason I have had issue with what you are arguing.

Last edited:
My reasoning? I am researching the work of scholars, people who write books and define these things. I haven't seen you post one link or researched your own claims other than reading a sentence that I didn't include in a definition.

My minor is Sociology, did all my research on it years ago. My major was history.

What are you suggesting exactly?

I have a problem with saying historical fact because constructs are not necessarily factual. This is another reason I have had issue with what you are arguing.

Social constructs are part of history. That's what I am saying.

Murder yes because as argued above it is not a matter of morality. Where would you draw the line in government's involvement into morality? Sexual positions, drinking, vulgar jokes or simply create courts that would declare 'we know it when we see it.' Wait those already existed and condemned people who did not conform, to death.

I don't find any of those examples to be that of morality... perhaps a vulgar joke about people in a negative manner, but certainly not drinking or sex.

Very true, yet the freedom of self determination is worth the mistakes.

Who is advocating the elimination of self determination...

And they make no mistakes...

Every person and organization does... so?

Originally Posted by Dittohead not!
I'm not sure I understand your post. If, once the fetus begins to become sentient, the choice is between the death of the baby, and the death of both mother and baby, then the former is the logical option.

The least amount of damage is optimal...

Back
Top Bottom