• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When God Began Whispering...

Daisy

"Make sure of the more important things."
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score

Do you listen?

Hisses & Whispers

Satan hissed his evil lies and Adam and Eve chose to sin.

In that terrible moment, they damaged God's perfect world and rejected God's perfect love.

If we'd been in God's place, we'd probably have destroyed mankind then and there. But our loving God immediately set a plan of redemption in place and started whispering clues.

In every book of the Old Testament we can hear those clues, if we're listening.

And the very first clue came when God addressed the serpent after the Fall in Genesis 3:15: "And I will put enmity [hostility] between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he [the offspring of Eve] will crush your head, and you [the serpent/devil] will strike his heel."

Whispered within this verse is the promise that Satan and his demon offspring would be at odds with Eve and her offspring. But the most important offspring of woman, Jesus Christ, would crush Satan's head with a fatal wound.

Don't overlook this wonderful truth: while the taste of the forbidden fruit was still on Adam and Eve's lips, our loving God was already whispering clues about His gracious way to save them...His way to save you and me.
https://biblelovenotes.blogspot.com/2013/03/hisses-whispers.html

Adam and Eve talked to a snake, not Satan.

Or are you engaging in man-made teachings, aka being a Fake Christian, again?

None of that makes sense Elora. God creates perfect world/perfect love and imperfect humans vulnerable to temptation by a fallen angel that god seems unable to control and the humans destroy the perfection created by an almighty god and then god tries to save face by whispering a promise for redemption?

“Adam and Eve“ is a mythical fable.
Pure fiction designed to convey a message.
Never intended to be taken literally.

It’s absolutely NOT a factual or accurate event in the history of human existence. To suggest otherwise is pure delusion, or willful ignorance.

“Adam and Eve“ is a mythical fable.
Pure fiction designed to convey a message.
Never intended to be taken literally.

It’s absolutely NOT a factual or accurate event in the history of human existence. To suggest otherwise is pure delusion, or willful ignorance.

You don't know diddly squat.

Do you listen?

Hisses & Whispers

In that terrible moment, they damaged God's perfect world and rejected God's perfect love.

If we'd been in God's place, we'd probably have destroyed mankind then and there. But our loving God immediately set a plan of redemption in place and started whispering clues.

And the very first clue came when God addressed the serpent after the Fall in Genesis 3:15: "And I will put enmity [hostility] between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he [the offspring of Eve] will crush your head, and you [the serpent/devil] will strike his heel."

Whispered within this verse is the promise that Satan and his demon offspring would be at odds with Eve and her offspring. But the most important offspring of woman, Jesus Christ, would crush Satan's head with a fatal wound.

Don't overlook this wonderful truth: while the taste of the forbidden fruit was still on Adam and Eve's lips, our loving God was already whispering clues about His gracious way to save them...His way to save you and me.

No, I'm waiting for him to grow the **** up and just talk, like a real universe creator. Enough whispering.

You don't know diddly squat.
So I take it you think the entire Adam & Eve story is literal, historically accurate, and factual in every way?

Care to actually defend that position?

Can you provide some level of evidence other than:

the Bible says it happened that way, so it has to be unquestionably true

No, I'm waiting for him to grow the **** up and just talk, like a real universe creator. Enough whispering.
Oh, you mean like He did with Adam and Eve, who disobeyed anyway?

Oh, you mean like He did with Adam and Eve, who disobeyed anyway?

So you agree that your god could absolutely and definitively reveal his existence to every human on the planet so that there would be no question it exists, and that wouldn’t violate free will in any way?

Do you listen?

Hisses & Whispers

Then Satan disguised himself in orange and came back to end democracy in the USA.

What do they have to do with you and me?
Did they listen when God talked directly to them? No, they did not...in response to...

Did they listen when God talked directly to them? No, they did not...in response to...

Why won't you answer my question. What's that have to do with you and me? Am I Adam or Eve?

Do you listen?

Hisses & Whispers

What a bunch of weird bronze age nonsense.

Why won't you answer my question. What's that have to do with you and me? Am I Adam or Eve?
That was NOT what your comment was about...you said...

Well, guess what...He did speak to Adam and Eve directly and it made no difference whatsoever in their listening, so I doubt it would make a difference NOW...people who are WILLING to listen to God, are listening...even when He is whispering...those who don't, wouldn't listen even if He was SHOUTING...

That was NOT what your comment was about...you said...

Well, guess what...He did speak to Adam and Eve directly and it made no difference whatsoever in their listening, so I doubt it would make a difference NOW...people who are WILLING to listen to God, are listening...even when He is whispering...those who don't, wouldn't listen even if He was SHOUTING...

That's silly. He's not whispering, and even if he were, if some people can hear that and are listening, many others would listen if he actually spoke up so they could hear him. What Adam and Eve supposedly did has nothing to do with you or me.

I'll take your response as a dodge. Thanks for participating in this scintillating discussion.

That's silly. He's not whispering, and even if he were, if some people can hear that and are listening, many others would listen if he actually spoke up so they could hear him. What Adam and Eve supposedly did has nothing to do with you or me.

I'll take your response as a dodge. Thanks for participating in this scintillating discussion.
I hear Him just fine...

Lot's of people hear voices in their heads....
5b9cebe161f0daa6fab4825b6d7a5eee.jpg

I’ve read the Bible. No god ever spoke to me.
Then you must be familiar with John 6:44...

"No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him,"

I hear Him just fine...
A Muslim says they hear Allah just fine.
A Hindu says they hear Vishnu just fine.
A Baptist hears a much different god than you do.
Buddha speaks to many and they hear just fine.

Some people realize what they want to hear is what they hear, but it’s really just themselves they hear.

Then you must be familiar with John 6:44...

"No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him,"

Then Salvation and Damnation are arbitrary and meaningless.

Then Salvation and Damnation are arbitrary and meaningless.
Jehovah reads the heart and draws such ones accordingly...

"All of a man’s ways seem right to him,
But Jehovah examines the hearts." proverbs 21:2

"all those who were rightly disposed for everlasting life became believers." Acts 13:48

Back
Top Bottom