• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When Freedom is Just Another Word

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Freedom of Religion means you are free to raise your daughters without education and marry them off to old men at a young age--48 states allow child brides.

Freedom to Bear Arms means you are free to suppress slaves and force those who oppose your Jim Crow up a rope off the branch of the nearest tree.

Freedom of Speech means you can organize your Nazi friends online and convince them to kill Jews and Blacks.

Freedom of Assembly means you and hundreds of those of like mind can carry tiki torches in the dead of night while terrorizing anyone who disagrees with your opinion on Confederate monuments.

Freedom of the press means Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity can spew hate but Jim Acosta cannot ask the president a question.

And, so it goes in our upside down universe, where freedom is more and more becoming just another word or nothing left to lose.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose.

Freedom of Religion

And, so it goes in our upside down universe, where freedom is more and more becoming just another word or nothing left to lose.

Freedom is the freedom to choose to sin. Freedom is freedom to choose immorality. Freedom is freedom to do the wrong thing. Freedom means literally nothing if it means "doing what I think is moral and just."

Freedom to defraud

Freedom of Religion means you are free to raise your daughters without education and marry them off to old men at a young age--48 states allow child brides.

Freedom to Bear Arms means you are free to suppress slaves and force those who oppose your Jim Crow up a rope off the branch of the nearest tree.

Freedom of Speech means you can organize your Nazi friends online and convince them to kill Jews and Blacks.

Freedom of Assembly means you and hundreds of those of like mind can carry tiki torches in the dead of night while terrorizing anyone who disagrees with your opinion on Confederate monuments.

Freedom of the press means Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity can spew hate but Jim Acosta cannot ask the president a question.

Freedom of speech allows you to post such biased nonsense and not be imprisoned because of it.

I don't agree with a word you posted, but the other freedoms allow me to defend both my right to disagree and your right to speak freely. :coffeepap:

Last edited:
Freedom to be a gun nut

Hey, the mainstream media is free to report exactly what Sarah Sanders tells them to!

This is bizarre beyond belief.

Freedom is the freedom to choose to sin. Freedom is freedom to choose immorality. Freedom is freedom to do the wrong thing. Freedom means literally nothing if it means "doing what I think is moral and just."
I would add "freedom means literally nothing if it means "doing what OTHERS tell me is moral and just".

Freedom of religion needs limits, otherwise you get child sex abuse and scam artists selling miracle cures for cancer from god.

Freedom to bear arms needs limits, otherwise you get nut jobs buying rocket launchers

Freedom of speech needs limits, otherwise you end up with a Holocaust.

Freedom of assembly needs limits, otherwise you get mobs lynching minorities.

Freedom of the press needs limits, otherwise propaganda and conspiracy sites will lead people to do the two things listed above.

Trump has consummated the marriage between Fox News and the GOP

Fox News, which Trump and his surrogates appear on regularly, has been largely supportive of the President's agenda. This is not a surprise since what we consider to be Trumpian politics is in the DNA of the network. A new documentary, "Divide and Conquer" (opening December 7) makes this clear through a disturbing look into Ailes, the entrepreneur who built Fox News.
The director, Alexis Bloom, told me she wanted to make this film because we "live in Roger's world" and need to know more about the "scaffolding of America" from which Trump came.

The "scaffolding of stupid" is what I would call it.

Back
Top Bottom