• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When drug trade/human trafficking is discussed, notice the diversionary tactics in discussion.

Moderate71

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
The drug trade/human trafficking with Mexico is a massive trade deficit. I don't see how anyone can deny this. Notice how people dance around this to distract people. Many people simply want to divert attention onto other tangential issues so people won't become outraged and make a call to action and shut it down. Show me one video on either the drug trade or human trafficking that even mentions the obvious trade deficit.

We rail on trade deficits regarding legal goods and are justifiably outraged. Trading illegal goods does not make trade deficits any better. Stop letting people change the subject on the issue in order to diffuse public outrage.

The drug trade/human trafficking with Mexico is a massive trade deficit. I don't see how anyone can deny this. Notice how people dance around this to distract people. Many people simply want to divert attention onto other tangential issues so people won't become outraged and make a call to action and shut it down. Show me one video on either the drug trade or human trafficking that even mentions the obvious trade deficit.

We rail on trade deficits regarding legal goods and are justifiably outraged. Trading illegal goods does not make trade deficits any better. Stop letting people change the subject on the issue in order to diffuse public outrage.
What's wrong with trade deficits? Do you really expect poorer nations to buy the exact amount as a richer nation? How could it.

If you want to lower the deficit, just buy less of their stuff...

How do you feel about free markets?

So what is the solution? I can think of three possibilities

1) We could outlaw the drug trade and human trafficking

2) We could place a tariff on drugs and humans imported illegally.

3) We could sell illegal drugs and humans to Mexico

Let us know which solution you prefer

It's worth it to the left and its need for illegals voting in our elections, accomodated by ridiculously unsecure "motor voter" laws, that facilitate it, in California, ETAL.

What aspect of the drug trade did you want to discuss? Or human trafficking?

And why the hell would you link these illegal activities to the trade deficit?

What aspect of the drug trade did you want to discuss? Or human trafficking?

And why the hell would you link these illegal activities to the trade deficit?

It's quite simple. If we purchase more of their products than they purchase of ours, it is a trade deficit.

It's quite simple. If we purchase more of their products than they purchase of ours, it is a trade deficit.

So we need to sell more illegal drugs into Mexico? Is that part of the USMCA?

This gave me a chuckle. :)

This is a joke thread, right? Right??

This gave me a chuckle. :)
Man, that guy needs long term therapy! :2rofll:

Back
Top Bottom