• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When does the prior administration get off the hook?

Just saw this headline in the news.
Donald Trump administration loses trade battle over tuna as WTO lets Mexico hit US with sanctions

So Trump is blamed for this loss. The case started in 2008 and for the entire Obama administration the US was illegally (according to WTO) banning importation of Mexican tuna. Yet Trump is in the headlines as losing the battle. WTF???????
Trump has gotten blamed for so much. It is interesting watching as the media goes from thinking that Trump will totally ruin the country and the planet and be an extremely powerful dictator to some incompetent who can't do anything. Maybe they will get truthful at some point.

So are all of the Israelis who didn't vote for Netanyahu also Israel-haters?

No just the ones who use american taxpayer monies to interfere in a foreign election against american interests..

I'm just saying that it's been almost 40 years since his Presidency, and he's STILL getting blamed for everything bad. I tend to think some of the Presidents since 1980 might have something to do with it.

Hes not getting blamed for EVERYTHING.

Just the dumb stuff he did.

Abandoned the shah in 1977--A domino effect ensued which helped create the issues we have with Iran today and terrorists in general .It could be said he encouraged russia to invade afghanistan by his show of weakness.

The "peace" deal negotiated by carter with north korea in the 90s bought them time to create a nuke.---North Korea Admits Secret Nuclear Weapons Program https://www.armscontrol.org/act/2002_11/nkoreanov02 Guess whats in the news today about north korea? North Korea threatens 'nuclear thunderbolts' against the US - Business Insider

The list goes on and on with a history to being a good buddy to foreign dictators like casto and chavez.

He did do one good thing. He gave us a better president than he was.
If that can be said about Obama remains to be seen.

I think policy goals are important in a presidency. Carter failed to establish that sort of thing and was more of a slave to "process".

Just saw this headline in the news.

So Trump is blamed for this loss. The case started in 2008 and for the entire Obama administration the US was illegally (according to WTO) banning importation of Mexican tuna. Yet Trump is in the headlines as losing the battle. WTF???????
Trump has gotten blamed for so much. It is interesting watching as the media goes from thinking that Trump will totally ruin the country and the planet and be an extremely powerful dictator to some incompetent who can't do anything. Maybe they will get truthful at some point.

Trump is the President now, so it became his baby. I know your ODS hasn't cleared up yet, but at some point things become Trump's responsibility.

Trump is the President now, so it became his baby. I know your ODS hasn't cleared up yet, but at some point things become Trump's responsibility.

What point is that? Like all presidencies I am thinking give them a year as soon as their cabinets in place and leadership is established.

What point is that? Like all presidencies I am thinking give them a year as soon as their cabinets in place and leadership is established.

So in a year when everything is in place, you guys will stop talking about Obama all the time?

So in a year when everything is in place, you guys will stop talking about Obama all the time?

Not sure. If someone traumatizes you do you ever really put it behind you?

So are all of the Israelis who didn't vote for Netanyahu also Israel-haters?

They're Zionist haters. I guess they don't want Israel to be a theocracy.

Not sure. If someone traumatizes you do you ever really put it behind you?

We'll all be lucky if we survive Trump's presidency.

Day 101.

The first quarter GDP was 0.7%.

Thanks, Donald.

You think that I have ODS when I mention a policy that began with Bush43? The Mexican case on US ban on tuna started in Dec. 2008.
If you believe that the current President is responsible for everything that happens when he is President do you blame Bush43 or Obama for the terrible economics of 2009?

(I put c. 10% on Bush for not pressing Congress on the ease of no money down lending and 10% on Obama for getting that $800 billion "shovel ready projects" money and using it instead for tax cuts for the rich.)

So you will continue to blame Obama. Of course.

Yes. But only for what is specifically warranted. No one deserves to be called on the carpet unjustly.

I would hope holding any of our leaders to the same standards i.e. trump carter Reagan Clinton bush 1 and 2 to the same standards is as fair as we can get.

Back
Top Bottom