• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When does the prior administration get off the hook?

More making stuff up and pretending it came from me.

Just speak for yourself and leave me out of it.

But I'm giving you the opportunity to say that you don't blame Reagan or GWB for anything anymore since they are long gone.

But I'm giving you the opportunity to say that you don't blame Reagan or GWB for anything anymore since they are long gone.

Play your games with somebody who thinks like you do.

Play your games with somebody who thinks like you do.

In other words, you are still blaming Reagan (after 35 years) and GWB but you don't think we should blame Obama for anything.

In other words, you are still blaming Reagan (after 35 years) and GWB but you don't think we should blame Obama for anything.

Use your words to speak for yourself. Leave me out of your fantasies.

Use your words to speak for yourself. Leave me out of your fantasies.

But you argue that we shouldn't blame Obama. I'm ok with that as long as the left doesn't blame Reagan after 35 years and GWB.

But you argue that we shouldn't blame Obama. I'm ok with that as long as the left doesn't blame Reagan after 35 years and GWB.

Check the date of your calendar.

Or don't check the date of your calendar.

Its all the same to me.

Fair enough. I believe in personal accountability too. 2 years down the line if incompetence and bad policy reign supreme, it will be Trump's responsibility to address it. Unfortunately, this administration has shown zero capability of accepting personal responsibility. I can't think of any news clip or interview where Trump, admitted he was wrong about something. He just doubles down and makes stuff up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not seeing that. I am seeing a rabid leftwing media reporting it like that and the gullible fans of those media sources lapping it up and repeating it ad nauseum. But it's all in the eye of the beholder.

Note: All comments include supporters.

Trump blamed Obama.

Obama blamed Bush 2.

Bush 2 blamed Clinton.

And so on.

Note: All comments include supporters.

Trump blamed Obama.

Obama blamed Bush 2.

Bush 2 blamed Clinton.

And so on.

Except we have several lefties that even today, are blaming Ronald Reagan, 35 years after the fact.

When does the blame land on the Trumpeteers?

Public blame is whatever it is. But you can't just stop immediate past administration economic and foreign policy effects on the day the new President takes office. When I do comparison that I can sum my own years, I add the following year onto the "last" year of a presidency (the first year of a new President's budget was set by the immediate past President. Some economist use July. In fact, if you find info of the Devil's details, you'll see it often shows July as the sum date, or even May. That's one reason if the get into the stats, what appear to be the same source will show different amounts for the same specifically labeled category.

How in the hell did you get that out of what I wrote??? .

This is called intellectual dishonesty.

It's a common play when low on argument ammo.

To fail to recognize decades of blame game and attempt to compare it to three months of disaster control is a serviceable example. The contrast between the examples is staggering.

For my part I would prefer our representatives focus more on resolving issues rather than participating in the blame game. I don't want the current administration four or eight years down the road saying current issues of the day are Obamas fault.

We already had enough of that from the previous administration and it was ridiculous then and it will be ridiculous in 4 to 8 years.

What crap was left by the Obama admin for Trump to fix?

Please be very specific.

Forcing government-controlled health care on Americans. Making insurance worthless for me personally.

Vetoing the Keystone XL Pipeline

Ignoring the Constitution by issuing executive actions on immigration

Allowing IRS to target conservative Americans and conservative groups

Implementing burdensome regulations that hurt job creators and prevent economic growth on many occasions.

Adding over $7 trillion to our national debt — a record amount. 20 trillion?

Ignoring the growing Veterans Affairs crisis that led to American veterans dying while waiting for care. Still dealing with that.

Underestimating foreign threats like Russia and ISIS. The junior varsity team? Russia was a joke. Remember?

Abandoning America’s greatest allies like Israel

Lying to the American people about keeping their insurance under ObamaCare, promising, “If you like your health care plan, you can keep it.” I lost my doctor. How about you?

Removing troops from the Middle East allowing Isis to create a caliphate. That was just a dumb move.

Removing Kadafi allowing Syria to collapse into war. Another dumb move with no follow up.

Failing to protect assets in Benghazi.
More Americans dead.

Actually sending agents to interfere in Israeli elections. Wow.

Wasting a ton of money trying to get the olympics into Chicago. Anyone heard of a telephone there?

The apology tour set back foreign relations decades.

The tax penalty for not having insurance.

The fast and furious scandal that got American agents killed. They just caught the killer a couple of weeks ago.

As a DNC leader he succeeded in giving the house, senate, and presidency to the GOP.
I don't like any party having all the power. It's a recipe for disaster.

The worst economic growth performance since WWII at 2.1%.

The failed stimulus packages that were passed in the middle of the night.

The cash payout to the worlds leading sponsor of terrorists activity by air cargo.

Young adults living at home is the highest since the great depression.

The percentage of middle class Americans dropped 12%.

The intent of lowering americas global profile by leading from behind.

Creating and exacerbating a polarizing atmosphere where it's ok to shoot cops and using personal insults and character attacks against his political enemies. A restoration of law and order is needed.

Weaponizing the intelligence agencies to go after perceived political opponents. That EO needs to be undone. The whole privacy rights evasion is a disaster.

Being elected was the high point of his presidency. What followed, alas, was eight long years of disenchantment, incompetence, and polarization.

The catch and release program was finally ended to applause and cheers from border patrol and citizens alike.

I touched on a lot there but now I'm tired, sick, and ready for bed.

I hope I helped you recall a few things if you were not around during those years or just don't remember.

How long has the right been blaming Carter? )

444 days of American hostages and the worst economic policies until obama.

That's not a right or left thing. That's just a fact.

I remember waiting in the hot sun in the back of my dads car waiting for gasoline in long long lines.

We only got ten gallons since it was being rationed.

I would blame god but he was not president and responsible.

If you are saying Carter was not responsible or president during those hard times I would like to know who was.

I have no idea what you are blathering about the south. Lincoln is revered across the land as someone that held the country together under difficult circumstances.

Get away from your echo chamber for a bit. The air is fresher outside.

Forcing government-controlled health care on Americans. Making insurance worthless for me personally.

Vetoing the Keystone XL Pipeline

Ignoring the Constitution by issuing executive actions on immigration

Allowing IRS to target conservative Americans and conservative groups

Implementing burdensome regulations that hurt job creators and prevent economic growth on many occasions.

Adding over $7 trillion to our national debt — a record amount. 20 trillion?

Ignoring the growing Veterans Affairs crisis that led to American veterans dying while waiting for care. Still dealing with that.

Underestimating foreign threats like Russia and ISIS. The junior varsity team? Russia was a joke. Remember?

Abandoning America’s greatest allies like Israel

Lying to the American people about keeping their insurance under ObamaCare, promising, “If you like your health care plan, you can keep it.” I lost my doctor. How about you?

Removing troops from the Middle East allowing Isis to create a caliphate. That was just a dumb move.

Removing Kadafi allowing Syria to collapse into war. Another dumb move with no follow up.

Failing to protect assets in Benghazi.
More Americans dead.

Actually sending agents to interfere in Israeli elections. Wow.

Wasting a ton of money trying to get the olympics into Chicago. Anyone heard of a telephone there?

The apology tour set back foreign relations decades.

The tax penalty for not having insurance.

The fast and furious scandal that got American agents killed. They just caught the killer a couple of weeks ago.

As a DNC leader he succeeded in giving the house, senate, and presidency to the GOP.
I don't like any party having all the power. It's a recipe for disaster.

The worst economic growth performance since WWII at 2.1%.

The failed stimulus packages that were passed in the middle of the night.

The cash payout to the worlds leading sponsor of terrorists activity by air cargo.

Young adults living at home is the highest since the great depression.

The percentage of middle class Americans dropped 12%.

The intent of lowering americas global profile by leading from behind.

Creating and exacerbating a polarizing atmosphere where it's ok to shoot cops and using personal insults and character attacks against his political enemies. A restoration of law and order is needed.

Weaponizing the intelligence agencies to go after perceived political opponents. That EO needs to be undone. The whole privacy rights evasion is a disaster.

Being elected was the high point of his presidency. What followed, alas, was eight long years of disenchantment, incompetence, and polarization.

The catch and release program was finally ended to applause and cheers from border patrol and citizens alike.

I touched on a lot there but now I'm tired, sick, and ready for bed.

I hope I helped you recall a few things if you were not around during those years or just don't remember.

Oh, dear.. Yet another dishonest RW Gish Gallop. Why am I not surprised.

I won't cover them all, but suffice it to say....

A. There was no IRS scandal. None. Out-of-thin-air RW Kabuki Theater and Trump's not 'cleaning that up' in any case.
B. $7 trillion? LOL! Who has the power of the purse and Trump is trying to ADD to that, since it apparently escaped your notice.
C. Israel has not been abandoned. That is absolutely divorced from reality.
D. No apology tour occurred.
E. Intelligence agencies weren't weaponized for that purpose, no matter how desperately you need them to have been.
F. No such environment has been created, by anyone, where it's "OK to shoot cops".

The rest of that crap isn't something that Trump is 'cleaning up', as any rational adult can see.

Seriously, if all you're going to simply bray dishonest nonsense, what's the point? What do you get out of that?

You'll understand if I don't take you seriously, I hope.

Oh, dear.. Yet another dishonest RW Gish Gallop. Why am I not surprised.

I won't cover them all, but suffice it to say....

A. There was no IRS scandal. None. Out-of-thin-air RW Kabuki Theater and Trump's not 'cleaning that up' in any case.
B. $7 trillion? LOL! Who has the power of the purse and Trump is trying to ADD to that, since it apparently escaped your notice.
C. Israel has not been abandoned. That is absolutely divorced from reality.
D. No apology tour occurred.
E. Intelligence agencies weren't weaponized for that purpose, no matter how desperately you need them to have been.
F. No such environment has been created, by anyone, where it's "OK to shoot cops".

The rest of that crap isn't something that Trump is 'cleaning up', as any rational adult can see.

Seriously, if all you're going to simply bray dishonest nonsense, what's the point? What do you get out of that?

You'll understand if I don't take you seriously, I hope.

Ok. So you did miss the last presidency.

Thanks for clearing that up.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...6a0ada-b987-11e2-92f3-f291801936b8_story.html

"The Internal Revenue Service on Friday apologized for targeting groups with “tea party” or “patriot” in their names, confirming long-standing accusations by some conservatives that their applications for tax-exempt status were being improperly delayed and scrutinized."

They did fire people over it and a congressional report confirmed.

B. And they got replaced for that.

C. Obama admin. sent taxpayer money to campaign to oust Netanyahu - Washington Times

More than abandonment. Call it assault.

D. https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB124044156269345357

E. I don't want them weaponized. Hence the complaint.
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/...tude-to-share-intercepted-communications.html

Sharing unvetted intel before privacy considerations is a disaster for the past, present, and future.

F. Assault on police on the rise

Police are Less Safe Under Obama - Article - POLICE Magazine

According to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund (NLEOMF), 64 law enforcement officers were fatally ambushed in the eight years of President George W. Bush's administration. As of July 17, 94 officers have been fatally ambushed under President Obama's ongoing eight years of office.

Delving further into the NLEOMF statistics, we learn that seven officers were fatally ambushed by what is described as "pre-meditated entrapment," aka "assassination," from 2006 to 2010. From 2011 to July 17, 38 officers were killed by pre-meditated entrapment. The statistics make fatally clear that assassination attacks against law enforcement officers are on the rise under the Obama administration.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pid-police-racist-arrest-Harvard-scholar.html

Just trying to help a guy out when he asked.

You should really just check this stuff out yourself instead of landing on the wrong side of an issue repeatedly.

Try to think logically and without a predisposed bias.

It's not always easy but it helps.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...6a0ada-b987-11e2-92f3-f291801936b8_story.html

"The Internal Revenue Service on Friday apologized for targeting groups with “tea party” or “patriot” in their names, confirming long-standing accusations by some conservatives that their applications for tax-exempt status were being improperly delayed and scrutinized."

C. Obama admin. sent taxpayer money to campaign to oust Netanyahu - Washington Times

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/...tude-to-share-intercepted-communications.html

Sharing unvetted intel before privacy considerations is a disaster for the past, present, and future.

According to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund (NLEOMF), 64 law enforcement officers were fatally ambushed in the eight years of President George W. Bush's administration. As of July 17, 94 officers have been fatally ambushed under President Obama's ongoing eight years of office.

Delving further into the NLEOMF statistics, we learn that seven officers were fatally ambushed by what is described as "pre-meditated entrapment," aka "assassination," from 2006 to 2010. From 2011 to July 17, 38 officers were killed by pre-meditated entrapment. The statistics make fatally clear that assassination attacks against law enforcement officers are on the rise under the Obama administration.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pid-police-racist-arrest-Harvard-scholar.html

You should really just check this stuff out yourself instead of landing on the wrong side of an issue repeatedly.

Oh, dear. More nonsense disguised as an attempt at a rational rebuttal.

A. There was no scandal.
http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallp...ou-Might-Not-Have-Known-About-The-IRS-Scandal
http://www.newsweek.com/who-keeping-irs-scandal-alive-and-why-493470

B. Nonsensical reply to what I stated.

C. That doesn't show that Israel has been abandoned. It shows that money went to oppose a candidate that you favor. Bummer.

D. LOL! An opinion piece by none other than Karl Rove doesn't not equate to Obama actually having done so. You'll have to do better than that.

E. I'm sensing a pattern here. That link doesn't back up what you claimed about weaponization of intelligence agencies.

F. And, again, you post something that doesn't back up your claim. Nothing in that supports the contention that Obama made it "OK to shoot cops"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...claim-otherwise-are-playing-a-dangerous-game/

Sorry you couldn't substantiate a single one of your claims. And logic? LOL! Why try and reference something your hilariously unacquainted with?

Next time, try not bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Just some friendly advice.

Oh, dear. More nonsense disguised as an attempt at a rational rebuttal.

A. There was no scandal.
4 Facts You Might Not Have Known About The IRS Scandal : It's All Politics : NPR
Who Is Keeping the IRS 'Scandal' Alive? And Why?

B. Nonsensical reply to what I stated.

C. That doesn't show that Israel has been abandoned. It shows that money went to oppose a candidate that you favor. Bummer.

D. LOL! An opinion piece by none other than Karl Rove doesn't not equate to Obama actually having done so. You'll have to do better than that.

E. I'm sensing a pattern here. That link doesn't back up what you claimed about weaponization of intelligence agencies.

F. And, again, you post something that doesn't back up your claim. Nothing in that supports the contention that Obama made it "OK to shoot cops"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...claim-otherwise-are-playing-a-dangerous-game/

Sorry you couldn't substantiate a single one of your claims. And logic? LOL! Why try and reference something your hilariously unacquainted with?

Next time, try not bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Just some friendly advice.

You have to do better than Nuh uhh.

There is no fight. The idea that you think there is one is telling.

The people that had their lives ruined over most of that stuff will disagree.

I don't claim anything. It is what it is.

You have an unrealistic view of history and that is fine.

its only because of love i have for you.

Having worked in the mental health industry among other things, I too have a hard time seeing pathological behavior go untreated.

You have to do better than Nuh uhh.

There is no fight. The idea that you think there is one is telling.

The people that had their lives ruined over most of that stuff will disagree.

I don't claim anything. It is what it is.

You have an unrealistic view of history and that is fine.

Sorry you're having such a tough time with reality and couldn't back up any of your claims.

And, yes, there is an etenral fight against gleeful, willful ignorance and dishonesty.

I don't expect you to understand.

444 days of American hostages and the worst economic policies until obama.

That's not a right or left thing. That's just a fact.

I remember waiting in the hot sun in the back of my dads car waiting for gasoline in long long lines.

We only got ten gallons since it was being rationed.

I would blame god but he was not president and responsible.

If you are saying Carter was not responsible or president during those hard times I would like to know who was.

I have no idea what you are blathering about the south. Lincoln is revered across the land as someone that held the country together under difficult circumstances.

Get away from your echo chamber for a bit. The air is fresher outside.

I'm just saying that it's been almost 40 years since his Presidency, and he's STILL getting blamed for everything bad. I tend to think some of the Presidents since 1980 might have something to do with it.

So are all of the Israelis who didn't vote for Netanyahu also Israel-haters?

Back
Top Bottom