• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When does the prior administration get off the hook?

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
When does the blame land on the Trumpeteers?

The buck stops over there somewhere. Trump will never admit fault. He's not honest enough to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trump was responsible for gaining jobs in 02/17.

Obama was responsible for losing 800,000 jobs in 02/09; numbers he's still held accountable for by GOPs;

Rumsfeld and Cheney taught us that deficits don't matter and gave us historical revision as we know it ;

That this country is such a wreck is everyone's fault, though them who run things take more of the blame than the rest, which means that pretty much a whole generation of Elites are both the reason we are here and are also the ones who should be working the hardest to get us out of the ditch.

Instead they sit on their hands and run their mouths uncivilly mostly.

That this country is such a wreck is everyone's fault,

Truth.

We got the Presidential candidates we deserved, and the election outcome we deserved.

When does the prior administration get off the hook?

When the policy in question has been changed seems fair to me. For example the "Bush" federal income tax (FIT) rates became the "Obama" FIT rates when a new tax bill was passed and signed into law by Obama. The fact that they were the same for 98.6% of taxpayers is quite telling, IMHO. ;)

Last edited:

Never. If something good happens now - it is because Trump is making America great again. If something bad happens now - it is because Obama screwed things up for eight years.

We have a mentally disturbed President supported by willfully delusional people living in their own reality. Its not a good recipe.

I say on 20 January when the outgoing president hand the mantle over to the new president, the new president becomes responsible for everything going forward. But that is not the same as placing blame or letting the previous president off the hook. There are some things that take time to rectify or change course. But the new president is responsible for every decision, action taken or not taken from the time he takes the oath of office. He may not shoulder the blame yet, but is responsible for what happens going forward. The old president can't change a thing, make a decision of take any action even though the old president may be responsible for the predicament this country is in, blamed for it.

Examples, Obamacare is in trouble with all these insurance companies pulling out and rising premiums and deductibles. Obama is not off the hook and is to blame at this point in time. Trump isn't to blame. But given time, a few months, six, ten or a year depending on what happens. It will be the decisions Trump makes, his actions or non-actions that makes Obamacare his responsibility and he acquires the blame for whatever he did or didn't do.

The same for the Iraq war and the situation in the middle east Obama inherited from Bush. After a while, how much time depends, but Obama take responsibility and the blame away from Bush.

The reason is simple, no outgoing president can take any action or make any decision regarding anything that was done during his administration when a new president is sitting in the Oval Office. Only the new president can change things, make decisions, take action or not. But any new president must be given time before the old president is off the hook as you stated. How much time? That all depends on what is happening, each event, issue, policy, legislation, etc is different. Some things the new president is immediately to blame, others may take a year or two before blame passes.

Never, if we use Obama, who never took responsibility for his entire presidency, as a model.

Never, if we use Obama, who never took responsibility for his entire presidency, as a model.

Exactly. Obama and his Obots blamed Bush for everything well into Obamas second term. Now these trolls want Obama off the hook before Trump has seated his entire staff.

Blame for what?

In any case, the prior administration gets off the hook when anything it should be blamed for is corrected. Until then, it's Obama's baby.

There's a few people out there blaming Lincoln for ruining the country. That's 150 years.

Exactly. Obama and his Obots blamed Bush for everything well into Obamas second term. Now these trolls want Obama off the hook before Trump has seated his entire staff.

And you guys kept saying Bush was no longer in office. You can't have it both ways.

Blame for what?

In any case, the prior administration gets off the hook when anything it should be blamed for is corrected. Until then, it's Obama's baby.

And when will something happen that Trump can be blamed for? When it does, will you he leading the excuses?

trump didn't believe in good jobs reports until he believed in his first month's good job reports he tried to take credit for;

Except for GOPs blaming Obama for losing 2.2 million jobs his first 3 months of course ;

Saying NEVER about any politician disqualifies you from any credibility when discussing another politician when you question whether EVERY thing said about them is bad .

And when will something happen that Trump can be blamed for? When it does, will you he leading the excuses?

Don't know.

What I do know is that liberals and Trump haters find some of the stupidest stuff already to try to blame Trump for. Rest assured I'll apply my usual objectivity, intelligence and reason to whatever situation arises.

Rest assured I'll apply my usual objectivity, intelligence and reason to whatever situation arises.

d3c50a1941637ad412af52c4e067ab12.gif

Don't know.

What I do know is that liberals and Trump haters find some of the stupidest stuff already to try to blame Trump for. Rest assured I'll apply my usual objectivity, intelligence and reason to whatever situation arises.

If you're applying your "usual" he'll never be responsible for anything!

Back
Top Bottom