• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

When does a fetus become a baby?

take it easy fellas... I don't want this thread getting locked.

Ah, so if ethereal stops lying about me, I won't have to call him on it and the tread stays open? Got you. Good idea.

Based on the fact that I have made over 10 times more posts than you here... I think I know damned well how to seperate your points... I just didn't friggin feel like it, because your not worthy of it, oh yee of 80 posts.....

That's a laugh. Let's base one's ability off of quantity rather than quality. Just because you spend half your day smashing at a keyboard doesn't mean you have anything interesting or intelligent to say. A monkey has the same capicity as someone who makes a lot of posts, but what the monkey lacks is any kind of insight or logic.

I'd trade one of Kandahar's or Fantasea's posts for a thousand of yours.

Two, I was making a JOKE... A FRIGGIN' JOKE... A FRIGGIN' JOKE... A FRIGGIN' JOKE.

Well, it obviously wasn't VERY FUNNY...VERY FUNNY...VERY FUNNY.

Im not debating abortion because the abortion issue is just a perception on how you see it..... not one side is right or wrong on the issue.....thats why I state that the law should not be changed.......
Abortion of the unborn may not be something viewed as favorable, but its not "murder" and nobody should restrict the ability for another woman to control her body.... said and done.

Congratulations! You've managed to sum up the abortion debate in one incoherent, illogical run-on sentence.

Bravisimo!

The whole of my post was a joke... and as such... none of the rest of your post deserves my attention.

I'm heart-broken.

GOOD DAY!

YOU TOO!

Are you done lying about me yet?

Are you done running away from every debate we participate in?

I think the fetus is an a baby when it has a brain. before that there is no way for it to know if it is alive or dead, there is no place for the sensations to register in when there is no brain.

No brain. Can you imagine not knowing if you are alive or dead?
Wow. Its like an orange. Cause oranges are alive and complex but they have no idea whats going on and whats not going on.

It isnt even like the fetus sees blackness without the brain, there is nothing when there is no brain.

Stop and think about that boys and girls. Its overwhelming! Its probably what death is like too, cause the brain stops working after death.

Stace said:
That's up to you. Your opinion on it is just that....your opinion. You decide how you view it.
OK what are they. What is your opinion? If Babies are born alive at 20 weeks are they persons? If not what is their legal status? BTW I am Prior Army & Navy.

Ethereal said:
That's a laugh. Let's base one's ability off of quantity rather than quality. Just because you spend half your day smashing at a keyboard doesn't mean you have anything interesting or intelligent to say. A monkey has the same capicity as someone who makes a lot of posts, but what the monkey lacks is any kind of insight or logic.

I'd trade one of Kandahar's or Fantasea's posts for a thousand of yours.

Well, it obviously wasn't VERY FUNNY...VERY FUNNY...VERY FUNNY.

Congratulations! You've managed to sum up the abortion debate in one incoherent, illogical run-on sentence.

Bravisimo!

I'm heart-broken.

YOU TOO!

Are you done running away from every debate we participate in?

Hrmm... now your attacking me personally..... excellent debate skills.

Proudly Pro Life JP Freem said:
OK what are they. What is your opinion? If Babies are born alive at 20 weeks are they persons? If not what is their legal status? BTW I am Prior Army & Navy.

I've already stated my opinion. If I were pregnant, I know that if I wanted the child (i.e. the child was conceived with my husband, not as a result of rape), I would immediately start referring to it as a baby, though I know that medically, it would not be a baby for quite some time.

Technically speaking, I would say it's a fetus until such a time that it could sustain life outside of the womb for an extended period of time, with little or no aid from respirators and such.

And I don't say that to belittle your children that were unable to sustain life for more than a couple of hours. I've never been in that situation, so I can't really form an opinion of that.

As far as legal status....I'm not even going there. I'm certainly no lawyer, so I'll leave the legalities up to the experts.

Not sure what the military has to do with all of this, but thank you for also serving our country.

If it wasn't a baby then if a pregnant woman was murdered the perpetrator would only be charged with one death.......There is a federal law on the books now that if someone kills a pregant woman he or she is charged with 2 murders....

Case closed..........

steen said:
Are you done lying about me yet?
He/She is not lying about you on this point...but of course--you won't respond to this post 'cuz either you have shown uncharacteristic restraint--or you put this sea bass (or rather, maybe I'm a halibut ;) ) on your ignore list!:2wave: :lol:

Last edited:
Navy Pride said:
If it wasn't a baby then if a pregnant woman was murdered the perpetrator would only be charged with one death.......There is a federal law on the books now that if someone kills a pregant woman he or she is charged with 2 murders....

Case closed..........

Except we're not talking about the legalities of it....I asked for personal opinion only.

Stace said:
Except we're not talking about the legalities of it....I asked for personal opinion only.

My opinion on exactly what?

If its abortion, I believe that abortion is the most barbaric act one human being can perpetrate on another and should only be performed when the mothers life is endangered or possibly in the case of rape and incest........

Navy Pride said:
My opinion on exactly what?

If its abortion, I believe that abortion is the most barbaric act one human being can perpetrate on another and should only be performed when the mothers life is endangered or possibly in the case of rape and incest........

No, not about abortion....just your personal opinion on when a zygote is still considered simply a fetus, and when you consider it to be a baby.

Stace said:
No, not about abortion....just your personal opinion on when a zygote is still considered simply a fetus, and when you consider it to be a baby.

I am a Roman Catholic and believe life begins at conception.......

Navy Pride said:

Case closed..........

And I disagree with that.

Strangely, im certain even the extremely religious should be against this as well.......

God Says Abortion is not Murder:
http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/says_about/abortion.html

Caine said:
And I disagree with that.

Strangely, im certain even the extremely religious should be against this as well.......

God Says Abortion is not Murder:
http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/says_about/abortion.html

I don't know what bible that is but in my leftetime I have probably heard a 100 sermons by the priest at Mass and every one of them said that life begins at conception and if you abort a baby in the womb its murder unless the mothers life is endangerd and its a mortal sin........

Oh and thanks to the Stacy Peterson case its a double murder when a pregnant woman is killed as stated in federal law.......

Navy Pride said:
I don't know what bible that is but in my leftetime I have probably heard a 100 sermons by the priest at Mass and every one of them said that life begins at conception and if you abort a baby in the womb its murder unless the mothers life is endangerd and its a mortal sin........

Oh and thanks to the Stacy Peterson case its a double murder when a pregnant woman is killed as stated in federal law.......

So....the Priest knows better than the God....interesting.........

Navy Pride said:

Well, that is YOUR Bible my friend.

Or did you even read it?

Caine said:
Well, that is YOUR Bible my friend.

Or did you even read it?

Yeah and its the bible of 2 billion Roman Catholics........

tecoyah said:
So....the Priest knows better than the God....interesting.........

No the priest is the steward of Jesus Christ........Do you know who he is?

Never mind responding I already know the answer........:roll:

Navy Pride said:
No the priest is the steward of Jesus Christ........Do you know who he is?

Never mind responding I already know the answer........:roll:

So the philosopher knows more about what God wants than God?

Caine said:
So the philosopher knows more about what God wants than God?

I told you there was no need to answer...........I already knew what you were going to say..............

Navy Pride said:
I told you there was no need to answer...........I already knew what you were going to say..............

Good... At least that means you understand Judaism a little.

Caine said:
Good... At least that means you understand Judaism a little.

I understand judism a lot......I just don't suscribe to it because I am a Christian......

You might be surprised to hear that there are jews that believe Jesus Christ is the lord and savior and the son of God though.....

Navy Pride said:
I understand judism a lot......I just don't suscribe to it because I am a Christian......

You might be surprised to hear that there are jews that believe Jesus Christ is the lord and savior and the son of God though.....

BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

That "Jews for Jesus" group is nothing more than a bunch of Protestant Christians trying to sucker more Jews over to Jesus-ness.

Christians have been trying to force or con Jews over to Christianity since Christianity.

Caine said:
BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

That "Jews for Jesus" group is nothing more than a bunch of Protestant Christians trying to sucker more Jews over to Jesus-ness.

Christians have been trying to force or con Jews over to Christianity since Christianity.

Sorry I know it really torques your jaws to think that jews might accept the Jesus Christ as their savior but its a fact no matter how much you try and poo poo it.........

Back
Top Bottom