• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When do you want it to end?

Tim the plumber

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Under what conditions, what criteria, do you think the lockdown should end?

When the death rate is less than road accidents? (already there I think)

When the R rate, as invented/projected/guessed at by who knows, is below 1?

When there is a vaccine thatworks 100% of the time unlike the flue one?

Never?

At what point to we get back to life?

My choiuce;

Those who are vulnerable isolate whilst the rest of us go out and go through it. Once we had died or not you can come out 2 months later.

it has pretty much effectively ended already in some areas, as people are being really stupid. ideally, there would be a widely accepted vaccine and more released therapeutics first. the research community is working as fast or faster than humanly possible, believe me.

Never?

When every school and small business has access to the same testing regime the WH enjoys.

Sounds reasonable to me.

My choiuce;

Those who are vulnerable isolate whilst the rest of us go out and go through it. Once we had died or not you can come out 2 months later.

I'm down.

Y'all're gonna pay my rent on my hiding place, right?

56 year old type 2 diabetic with asthma. I'm not overweight, but I should be able to get a doctors note anyway.

When every school and small business has access to the same testing regime the WH enjoys.

Sounds reasonable to me.

So what happens when some oof the tests come back positive?

When do you want it to actually end???????

it has pretty much effectively ended already in some areas, as people are being really stupid. ideally, there would be a widely accepted vaccine and more released therapeutics first. the research community is working as fast or faster than humanly possible, believe me.

So maybe 5 years, maybe 20?

Never?

Well, one California an assembly woman let it slip: “After the elections”. As if we didn’t know the democrats feel economic misery speaks well to their base.

My choiuce;

Sounds like a plan. However, just those with type 2 diabetes in the US is around 37.2 million.

Type 2 Diabetes Statistics and Facts

Add in all those with other diseases, like heart disease:

Nearly half of all adult Americans have cardiovascular disease -- ScienceDaily

Nearly 48% of the population.

So it may be that much more than half of the U.S. population will be in lockdown. Might as well turn out the lights in the U.S. The other half won't be able to support us.

When the people that know what their talking about, explain why it's OK to continue a normal lifestyle. Myself and millions of others don't want to start all over again..staying home 98% of the time just because people
"Have to party"

So maybe 5 years, maybe 20?

my guess is sometime in 2021 if people acted responsibly and an effective vaccine is widely utilized. some people, however, consider acting like morons to be an expression of support for Dear Leader. others are just young people who want to go to bars and parties, and, since they are still "immortal," DGAF. there are too many variables, so i can't make any good predictions. however, i can predict that if numbers really skyrocket, there will probably be another crackdown.

Sounds like a plan. However, just those with type 2 diabetes in the US is around 37.2 million.

Type 2 Diabetes Statistics and Facts

Add in all those with other diseases, like heart disease:

Nearly half of all adult Americans have cardiovascular disease -- ScienceDaily

Nearly 48% of the population.

So it may be that much more than half of the U.S. population will be in lockdown. Might as well turn out the lights in the U.S. The other half won't be able to support us.

Agreed.

I want life to be back to normal as much as much as everyone else the reason we cannot return to normal is because we have not been able to contain Covid 19 yet .

Never?

First off, the lock down is over and has been. You need to get out more.
That said, it was misguided because of a lack of leadership that caused such an ineffective lock down.

When the infection rate is under 2% it should have gradually been lifted.

Just look at NY if you want to know how to do it.

The biggest problem NY has is that it can't isolate itself from teh irresponsible states.

Scumbags from these areas are constantly bringing in more infection that we have to trace and isolate.

Well, one California an assembly woman let it slip: “After the elections”. As if we didn’t know the democrats feel economic misery speaks well to their base.

what stupidity you post.

So what happens when some oof the tests come back positive?

When do you want it to actually end???????

Oh, then those folks are isolated and those they came into contact with are notified and tested. This would protect those healthy and allow the business/school in question to continue operations. Just like the WH.

What part of “We should model ourselves after the WH testing regime to get to a level of normal until a vaccine is available” are you struggling with? What part can I make clearer?

my guess is sometime in 2021 if people acted responsibly and an effective vaccine is widely utilized. some people, however, consider acting like morons to be an expression of support for Dear Leader. others are just young people who want to go to bars and parties, and, since they are still "immortal," DGAF. there are too many variables, so i can't make any good predictions. however, i can predict that if numbers really skyrocket, there will probably be another crackdown.

How does other people getting it, not dying, not even needing hospitalization upset you?

Also, you guess 2021. Well what if the vaccine is not effective? Or is only 30% effective?

How long do you want it all to continue for?

How does other people getting it, not dying, not even needing hospitalization upset you?

Also, you guess 2021. Well what if the vaccine is not effective? Or is only 30% effective?

Agreed.

I want life to be back to normal as much as much as everyone else the reason we cannot return to normal is because we have not been able to contain Covid 19 yet .

We will never be able to contain it. Get your head around that idea.

You will somehow have to go through it one way or another.

Oh, then those folks are isolated and those they came into contact with are notified and tested. This would protect those healthy and allow the business/school in question to continue operations. Just like the WH.

What part of “We should model ourselves after the WH testing regime to get to a level of normal until a vaccine is available” are you struggling with? What part can I make clearer?

If the test results are that 3% of healthy people without the virus show as positive how do you ever eliminate this thing?

it needs to last for as long as it needs to. however, my opinion is irrelevant, as some have decided FTS and others have decided that they can pay homage to the cult leader by ignoring it like he does. all that's left for me to do is to contribute to the research end of it, which i have been doing for months now. my posts here are mostly to vent and to express the reality of the situation.

Never?

The virus is here to stay. All we can do is try to keep it at bay-even when an effective vaccine is finally developed. Until then you'll just have to take whatever level of risk you find acceptable.

Never?

Democrats here in Los Angeles have us a date certain - election day.

“We don’t realistically anticipate that we would be moving either to Tier 2 [of California’s reopening plan] or to reopening K-12 schools at least…until after the election"
- Los Angles County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer

How's that for following the science.

Never?

When there's a scientifically-determined herd immunity, I suppose. That determination would have to come from a CDC not under the direction of the Trump administration, however.

We will never be able to contain it. Get your head around that idea.

You will somehow have to go through it one way or another.

30-80,000 people here in the US die every year from the regular flu. Year in, year out.

My choiuce;

Define the vulnerable. You are probably speaking of over half the population. Will your economy get better with only half the population working?

I thought that this meme had come to an obvious conclusion to even the most dim.

Had there been one solid lockdown, back in March perhaps, we would be out from under by now and life could return almost to normal as it has in many countries around the world. Unfortunately, stupid people have driven us into a situation where we probably need a lockdown now that will take longer, cost more and because of the attitudes of the dim witted, in all likely hood not work as well.

Back
Top Bottom