• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When Do the Mothers Revolt?

Maybe Russians dont consider Crimea, Donbass, Odessa, etc foreign country. Missing in the western narrative are the ethnic Russians of eastern Ukraine. Why would a Russian not care what happens to minority Russians next door? In that sense I am not sure how a Russian is acting any different from say a Brit. If a Brit, from thousands of miles away, can take up the Ukrainian cause, why should less be expected from a Russian who is only right next door?
If you think European borders should be drawn based on ethnicity then European would turn into the Middle East within a year. You can’t just invade a country in the name of maintaining some kind of ethnostate.

You are literally using the same logic Germany used to justify absorbing Austria.

Well, this is what they are seeing. The one guy tucks his tail in short order…

Until the break out of hostilities western media- bbc, dw etc- could broadcast in Russia. And mind you that it is not like Putin's media has to fabricate everything. At times the Putin media just has to broadcast exactly what is happening. When Yanukovych was kicked out in 2014, to the Russian Joe, his crime was that he was ethnic Russian and pro Russia. While Yanukovych was being evicted in Kiev, ethnic Russians in the east of Ukraine were rising up against the eviction. Those were not manufactured by Putin

They know that their leadership and military is invading a neighboring nation that is not invading them.

That is not what they know. What they know is that a nearby nation, Ukraine, argues on one hand that it rejects Russian domination, but on the other hand is hell bent on erasing ethnic Russians in Ukraine. If it is not ok for ethnic Ukrainians to be dominated by Russia why is it ok for ethnic Ukrainians to dominate minority Russians?

But to answer the question “When will the moms speak up?” I’d say that Ukrainians probably weren’t doing themselves any favors when they

I guess what you’d first have to address is the question: what is the critical mass for dissent? We can answer that more easily Western democracies because we have a broad array of polling to fall back on, and we generally know how to interpret that polling. But that’s Western democracies with free speech and elected officials answerable to a voting citizenry. There’s nothing like that in Russia and gauging real polling or the “critical mass for dissent” is nowhere near as straightforward.

I imagine it is hard to predict when the critical mass for dissent is reached. I believe two months of war is too early for that. And in the end it is much more likely economic breakdown that will kick in that critical mass than war casualties.

If you think European borders should be drawn based on ethnicity then European would turn into the Middle East within a year. You can’t just invade a country in the name of maintaining some kind of ethnostate.

You are literally using the same logic Germany used to justify absorbing Austria.

Juin told me once that he has no problem with the "Might Makes Right" ideology.

At least you didn't stoop to denying your "might makes right" mantra.

Long Live Mariupol:) Next year we should spend our Roubles on the beaches of Mariupol. I will show you around. Make sure to convert to Roubles cause Hyrvinias are not allowed.

Long Live Mariupol:) Next year we should spend our Roubles on the beaches of Mariupol. I will show you around. Make sure to convert to Roubles cause Hyrvinias are not allowed.

20,000 civilians dead in Mariupol. So much for protecting the "Russian-speaking" citizens of Ukraine.

That was always a lie.

that's why is was so smart for Putin to gradually become a strongman/dictator. he can just have the moms silenced or murdered.

that's why is was so smart for Putin to gradually become a strongman/dictator. he can just have the moms silenced or murdered.

Moms falling from high windows. Another Russian phenomenon.

20,000 civilians dead in Mariupol. So much for protecting the "Russian-speaking" citizens of Ukraine.

That was always a lie.

The Naxist Azov Battalion defended Mariupol to the last Mariupolian.

Why? Aren't war crimes and genocide a reason to call for help. I thought borders were sacrosanct to a segment of our society, at the least. That crimes by border crossers were atrocities and children should be rounded up and separated, kidnapped as it were, from their parents was acceptable.

Why? Because the average dolt in the street is an emotional mess. Russia bad, Ukraine good, must help. Never consider the consequences.

Putin has to have a win. Do you understand this? That should be our goal. Give putin a win while saving as much of Ukraine as we can. Saving all of Ukraine can't be done. That just kills everyone, ww3, Armageddon.

If you have gangrene, you cut off the infected limb. Think of it like that. We sacrifice part so we survive.

Hey, I don't think for a second you will "get" this which is exactly what my post spoke to.

BIDEN does, that is clear. Thank God for Joe.

The Naxist Azov Battalion defended Mariupol to the last Mariupolian.

20,000 civilian dead in Mariupol.

That war crime stink will never leave Russia.

Not necessarily. The only thing they know for sure is what they are told.
In the past, that used to be the case. Too much information available today.

Yes they do.

But they only know the "why of it" as told to them by their government, their televisions, their radios, their newspapers, their websites, etc.
In today's world dictatorships cannot hide quite as much as they could during the cold war. There are too many ways for information to go back and forth. There is much more travel to and from Europe, the USA, etc, and too many Russians have friends or relatives living in Ukraine, Europe, and the USA that they keep in touch with. There is no equivalent of the old Berlin Wall keeping everyone in. Any Russian citizen not fully aware of what's going on is either self isolated, brainwashed, or stupid.

In today's world dictatorships cannot hide quite as much as they could during the cold war. There are too many ways for information to go back and forth. There is much more travel to and from Europe, the USA, etc, and too many Russians have friends or relatives living in Ukraine, Europe, and the USA that they keep in touch with. There is no equivalent of the old Berlin Wall keeping everyone in. Any Russian citizen not fully aware of what's going on is either self isolated, brainwashed, or stupid.
You're quite confident of that. Ever spend any time in Russia?

You're quite confident of that. Ever spend any time in Russia?
Do you live in a cave? I don't have to spend time in Russia to know that they are not as isolated as you think they are. And I do communicate with individuals that spend time in Russia.

Do you live in a cave? I don't have to spend time in Russia to know that they are not as isolated as you think they are. And I do communicate with individuals that spend time in Russia.

Sure you do.

What you believe or do not believe really does not matter. You are just an anonymous librul on a political talk board.
And you are an anonymous Trumper with the silly avatar "LetsGoBrandon."

Ты говоришь по-русски?

Back
Top Bottom