• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When Do the Mothers Revolt?

Well, at least with the Biden Administration, I can see what's going on in the world again.

And it doesn't look good, we've lost twenty years and thirty-trillion dollars and the people are PO, so they're going to vote Republican in the Fall.

They know how to ride the pony on down.
Are you in the correct thread?

Indeed.

I don't know to what degree any of us - from the outside in - would be able to tell with accuracy what percentage of Russians actually buy their state propaganda here, or don't. One of the myriad problems with authoritarian dictatorships is that it is very hard to get reliably accurate public polling from people who are used to either hiding or obfuscating their opinions in order to (rationally) avoid State abuse, and who have instinctive distrust of strangers as a result.

I tend to suspect that you would see some people who would cross sides, and many more who will have their previous position incredibly deeply entrenched, by experiencing the death of a child.

My son wants to join the military, as I did. I am starting to realize now what I put my parents through, at the time.
What is your position on your last line?

Moms will hate the Nazis worse than ever for killing their sons.
Their version of Talk Radio Conservative will.

But the Russian leadership can’t keep their citizens in the dark as well as they used to be able to.

Are you in the correct thread?
I was looking at the problem and this is the thought that occurred to me.

I guess it's not cool to turn such a discussion so political, so I apologize.

I was looking at the problem and this is the thought that occurred to me.

I guess it's not cool to turn such a discussion so political, so I apologize.
I can’t get the connection to the OP. Care to connect the dots?

Their version of Talk Radio Conservative will.

But the Russian leadership can’t keep their citizens in the dark as well as they used to be able to.

Nonsense.

Just look at the Trumpists here. They are completely upside down. No differant there under Putin. At least here truth is available.
In Russia, its hard to come by.

USSR casualties in Afghanistan were reported to be approx 70,000 with approx 15,000 KIA

According to Ukrainian sources, Russian battle casualties are 19,000-20,000

The Soviets were in Afghanistan for almost a decade. The Russians have been in Ukraine for less than 2 months, not counting the pre February 2022 forces

These are numbers that cannot be hidden for long, especially at the speed they have been building up. Now the Black Sea flagship has gone down via incompetence or direct fire, depending who is telling the tale.

Weren’t the Soviet parents instrumental in finally getting the USSR out of Afghanistan?
How long can the number be tolerated?

Edit: Even if the Ukrainian reports are inflated by double, there should be a problem in Russia.
You'd be dreaming if you think a bunch of babushkas could take on Putin and his private army of 350K elite troops. The only way a rebellion could come close to succeeding is if at least half of the Russian military revolts.

Nonsense.

Just look at the Trumpists here. They are completely upside down. No differant there under Putin. At least here truth is available.
In Russia, its hard to come by.
Truth is not as hard to come by as it used to be over there.

So their trumpist types will double down.

The rest will act up some , as we’ve already seen.

It’s just not as easy as it once was to keep people ignorant about major things happening a couple hundred miles away.

I can’t get the connection to the OP. Care to connect the dots?
There are other reasons this war is more visible to us.

It is a European nation, real white people, on the Western side of Russia.

But if you compare with previously, there just wasn't the visibility.

You'd be dreaming if you think a bunch of babushkas could take on Putin and his private army of 350K elite troops. The only way a rebellion could come close to succeeding is if at least half of the Russian military revolts.
“Mothers” was meant to include fathers and the rank and file Russian citizen.

If Vlad has 350k “elites” I know where they might come in handy.

Truth is not as hard to come by as it used to be over there.

So their trumpist types will double down.

The rest will act up some , as we’ve already seen.

It’s just not as easy as it once was to keep people ignorant about major things happening a couple hundred miles away.

Sorry, you are mistaken. A victim of our own wishful propaganda.
No mom wants to think her son died for a bad cause. They want to belive their sons died to protect the homeland from Nazis.
People belive what they want to believe.

There will be no uprising in Russia. That is foolish to believe.

There are other reasons this war is more visible to us.

Yes, also masterful propaganda by Zelensky. That the world's governments and news outlets has given him center stage is a grave mistake.

Yes, also masterful propaganda by Zelensky. That the world's governments and news outlets has given him center stage is a grave mistake.
Why is Vladimir Zelenzky going to take over the world?

No, he's not, we could never give Vladimir Zelensky enough arms or center stage or thanks for bringing down Russia.

No mom wants to think her son died for a bad cause. They want to belive their sons died to protect the homeland from Nazis.

It happened for the Soviet Union with Afghanistan. No mother wants to believe her son died for a worthless cause. But when the state is openly mendacious, callous and self-contradictory, she cannot help but believe it.

They know that their leadership and military is invading a neighboring nation that is not invading them.
Not necessarily. The only thing they know for sure is what they are told.

Why is Vladimir Zelenzky going to take over the world?

No, he's not, we could never give Vladimir Zelensky enough arms or center stage or thanks for bringing down Russia.

He is convincing the masses through emotion to compel their leaders to make decisions which are not in the best interest of their country but rather in the best interest of the Ukraine.

Your trite juvenile reply "Why is Vladimir Zelefsky going to take over the world?' just shows the abysmal understanding the average Joe has of the situation.

It happened for the Soviet Union with Afghanistan. No mother wants to believe her son died for a worthless cause. But when the state is openly mendacious, callous and self-contradictory, she cannot help but believe it.

God Bless you.

I wasn’t expecting an uprising. Just more voices added to the existing dissent.

And if you have two sons and one dies, they’d likely be protective of the only one they have left.

It happened for us in Vietnam as well. Really doesn't seem like wishful thinking.

I would point out that in World War 2, the Soviet Union and Russia was being invaded by genocidal Nazis. They had no choice but to fight or die. Here the Russians are entering another country they had no business in. Just like in Afghanistan.

Maybe Russians dont consider Crimea, Donbass, Odessa, etc foreign country. Missing in the western narrative are the ethnic Russians of eastern Ukraine. Why would a Russian not care what happens to minority Russians next door? In that sense I am not sure how a Russian is acting any different from say a Brit. If a Brit, from thousands of miles away, can take up the Ukrainian cause, why should less be expected from a Russian who is only right next door?

USSR casualties in Afghanistan were reported to be approx 70,000 with approx 15,000 KIA

According to Ukrainian sources, Russian battle casualties are 19,000-20,000

The Soviets were in Afghanistan for almost a decade. The Russians have been in Ukraine for less than 2 months, not counting the pre February 2022 forces

These are numbers that cannot be hidden for long, especially at the speed they have been building up. Now the Black Sea flagship has gone down via incompetence or direct fire, depending who is telling the tale.

Weren’t the Soviet parents instrumental in finally getting the USSR out of Afghanistan?
How long can the number be tolerated?

Edit: Even if the Ukrainian reports are inflated by double, there should be a problem in Russia.

The mothers may yet revolt, but I think less than two months of fighting is a little too soon to talk of revolts. On the contrary Putin is higher in the polls than before. Not unusual. People will quickly rally around the colours. What you are asking for may start happening more like months or years down the road.

The mothers may yet revolt, but I think less than two months of fighting is a little too soon to talk of revolts. On the contrary Putin is higher in the polls than before. Not unusual. People will quickly rally around the colours. What you are asking for may start happening more like months or years down the road.
Well, this is what they are seeing. The one guy tucks his tail in short order…

Hopefully if/when they get the full and total truth about what is actually happening in Ukraine, and why it is happening --- visuals and all. And why they are losing their sons and husbands.

LOL Isnt that a tall order? Who possesses this full and total truth? Definitely not the Ukrainian media. The western media does report, or try to report the truth. Yet even this is only half the truth. Totally missing in the western media is a basic and critical truth: Ukraine is a fractured country between a pro west majority ethnic Ukrainians and a pro Russia minority ethnic Russian east. The Russian media, I imagine, is full of that piece missing in the western media

Why? Aren't war crimes and genocide a reason to call for help. I thought borders were sacrosanct to a segment of our society, at the least. That crimes by border crossers were atrocities and children should be rounded up and separated, kidnapped as it were, from their parents was acceptable.

Back
Top Bottom