• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When do I want to click "My Threads" or "My Posts?"

MaggieD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
What's the difference? I click them both, and I know they look different. Can anyone explain it to me?

One gives you a list of threads you've posted in.

The other gives you a listing of your individual posts.

One gives you a list of threads you've posted in.

The other gives you a listing of your individual posts.

Thank you, Dan. Does it really make any difference in ease of forum use which one I click? How do you use them, if you don't mind.

For monitoring posts, I have recently found Spy to be of tremendous use, Maggie. You can filter by subscriptions or just get all the traffic to the site. It's brilliant!

Thank you, Dan. Does it really make any difference in ease of forum use which one I click? How do you use them, if you don't mind.

I actually don't use either.

I set my profile up so any thread I reply to gets subscribed to with no e-mail notification. Then if I want to see if there are any new posts in a thread I'm following, I go to my user control panel and it just tells me.

I actually don't use either.

I set my profile up so any thread I reply to gets subscribed to with no e-mail notification. Then if I want to see if there are any new posts in a thread I'm following, I go to my user control panel and it just tells me.

I think I'll change my settings that way. Thanks, Dan!!

For monitoring posts, I have recently found Spy to be of tremendous use, Maggie. You can filter by subscriptions or just get all the traffic to the site. It's brilliant!

Is Spy a third-party program?

The Spy feature is awesome. I will sit watching the baseball game and watch posts scroll by,and anything that catches my eye I can check on.

The Spy feature is awesome. I will sit watching the baseball game and watch posts scroll by,and anything that catches my eye I can check on.

That not fair. ;-) I did check it out. I think I may try it -- it beats clicking all over the place. Thanks to all!!!

My threads, you started. My posts, you posted.

I'm not sure about anybody else, but I click on "My threads" when I wish to bask in the magnificence of some brilliant rhetoric, and I click on "my posts" when I wish to revel in the sheer sublimity of the English language crafted to perfection.

:lamo:lamo:lamo

I'm not sure about anybody else, but I click on "My threads" when I wish to bask in the magnificence of some brilliant rhetoric, and I click on "my posts" when I wish to revel in the sheer sublimity of the English language crafted to perfection.

Rush, is that YUO?! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom