• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When did we become such a weeny nation?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
We have our military fighting and dying in Iraq and Afghanistan. We have our front line health care workers working and dying trying to take care of those sick with Covid 19.We have people working at plants and dying trying to keep us fed. And what are we doing, whining about having to wear a mask and social distance. Complaining about not getting our hair cuts or getting our hair dyed and not getting our finger nails done. All that some of us can do is complain about our "freedoms" as other die for it or to help us fight this virus or even keep us fed. I guess I want to know, when did we become such a weeny nation?

We have our military fighting and dying in Iraq and Afghanistan. We have our front line health care workers working and dying trying to take care of those sick with Covid 19.We have people working at plants and dying trying to keep us fed. And what are we doing, whining about having to wear a mask and social distance. Complaining about not getting our hair cuts or getting our hair dyed and not getting our finger nails done. All that some of us can do is complain about our "freedoms" as other die for it or to help us fight this virus or even keep us fed. I guess I want to know, when did we become such a weeny nation?

I have been working without a mask all along. Perhaps you should bow down before me as I am clearly Kryptonian.

How can you say we're weenies when we're willing to die for a haircut and manicure? Priorities!!!

Even if you are losing your house, have no job and no car, life is good and to say otherwise just tells me they are one of 'the spoiled'. Poor Americans are living like the rich. Americans have flat-screen TVs, cell phones, multiple video streaming subscriptions, cars, and homes, yet don't have $400 cash saved for an emergency. In contrast, there are almost a billion people who do not have enough food. The U.S. is so rich that people literally have no idea what real poverty is.

Last edited:

Welcome to Trump World.

This is what happens when you don't have a leader.

The Quixote-tarians are just tilting at windmills and pretending to fight big government, when all they're really doing is increasing risks for everyone else and refusing to behave in an adult and civil manner.

I guess I want to know, when did we become such a weeny nation?

When we decided to all hide and destroy what economy this country had because the media convinced you that a virus with 98.54% survival rate was the end of the world.

We have been on a consistent decline since April 12, 1971.

When the going gets tough, we see who are the first to surrender and kill their neighbors to avoid a temporary lifestyle disruption.

Blame it on the UN preventing WWIII.

I have been working without a mask all along. Perhaps you should bow down before me as I am clearly Kryptonian.

Nope, but you very well could be a Typhoid Mary, have could infect hundreds.

Nope, but you very well could be a Typhoid Mary, have could infect hundreds.

Maybe dozens. I have been "social distancing" since well before this started because the flu season was particularly nasty in my area this year and I never want that **** again ever.

Not getting our hair or nails done is not a big deal. Having all the hairdressers and nail salons shut down -- maybe permanently -- is a big deal.

I live in the suburbs and there is a hair or nail salon on every corner. How many businesses, careers, and lives have been destroyed by this lockdown?

When you complain about the lockdown protesters, you are safe in your work-from-home world. You have absolutely no empathy for the people who are being destroyed.

Maybe dozens. I have been "social distancing" since well before this started because the flu season was particularly nasty in my area this year and I never want that **** again ever.

Well I guess that is better than what some these days are doing, which is nothing.

When we decided to all hide and destroy what economy this country had because the media convinced you that a virus with 98.54% survival rate was the end of the world.

That's the survival rate IF you catch it. But most of us won't even catch it. The odds of catching it, getting a serious case, and dying, for the average person is miniscule.

Going out in your car is much riskier, but Americans think nothing of that.

I guess I want to know, when did we become such a weeny nation?

The elimination of compulsory service, the draft, and boggled military commitments like the one below haven't helped.

The 1983 Beirut Barracks Bombing and the Current U.S. Retreat from Syria
Robin WrightOctober 23, 2019

Thirty-six years ago, a yellow Mercedes truck loaded with twelve thousand pounds of explosives sped into the barracks of U.S. Marine peacekeepers in Beirut. It was 6:22 A.M. Lance Corporal Eddie DiFranco, on guard duty nearby, was the only one who saw the bomber. “He looked right at me, smiled,” DiFranco said later. “Soon as I saw the truck, I knew what was going to happen.” The truck set off the largest non-nuclear explosion on Earth since the Second World War. The four-story concrete building imploded; marines were crushed like paper dolls. The collapse set off a brown mushroom cloud over the Lebanese capital. The thundering explosion woke up everyone, including me, as I was slumbering on a balmy Sunday morning. Two hundred and forty-one marines, most of them asleep because reveille was still eight minutes away, were killed. It was the largest loss of U.S. military life in a single incident since Iwo Jima. A special memorial was established at Arlington Cemetery for the victims.

“The Marine bombing was the Pearl Harbor of the Middle East,” Fred Hof, a former U.S. Army attaché in Beirut who investigated the bombing as part of the Long Commission, reflected this week. The attack—the deadliest of three suicide bombings against the military and two U.S. Embassies in Beirut over sixteen months—marked a turning point for American engagement in the region. Four months later, the United States opted to withdraw abruptly from Beirut.

The 1983 Beirut Barracks Bombing and the Current U.S. Retreat from Syria | The New Yorker

Nope, just not concerned with your fellow Americans.

Back
Top Bottom