• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When did we become such a weeny nation?

Well I guess that is better than what some these days are doing, which is nothing.

1) I fully support people who want to be idiots in their pursuit of idiocy.

2) I personally think that some of what is being done by businesses increases one's chance of exposure, not decreases it like Walmart requiring all people to line up and enter and exit through a single one of their 5 available entrances.

3) Realistically, the odds are pretty low locally. We have had around 45 cases and 2 deaths last time I checked. Both deaths were old people (upper 70's for 1 and 80's for other). Several of the total cases have been tracked to 3 clusters that have been more or less contained now. 1 was a guy from New York who decided to come stay with family here to escape the virus and brought it with him; one was someone who brought it back early from an out of town funeral at which pretty much everyone who went got it and then spread it around; and the third reported cluster is not known who patient zero was but involves a group of people whose paths regularly crossed. We are picking up only 1 or 2 new cases a week in my city now and that has been the trend for a month. .

We have our military fighting and dying in Iraq and Afghanistan. We have our front line health care workers working and dying trying to take care of those sick with Covid 19.We have people working at plants and dying trying to keep us fed. And what are we doing, whining about having to wear a mask and social distance. Complaining about not getting our hair cuts or getting our hair dyed and not getting our finger nails done. All that some of us can do is complain about our "freedoms" as other die for it or to help us fight this virus or even keep us fed. I guess I want to know, when did we become such a weeny nation?

Yes, we are a bunch of sniveling cowards bc we miss our church services... nevermind Jesus and his Apostles said it's very difficult to get to Heaven..the Original Church even teaching it's normally a mortal sin to miss Mass..

We are weanies because we know we need Jesus and his original Church to avoid eternal Hell

Well, ok, maybe we are wimps after all

Hell is said to be painful and eternal.. so even the bravest among us would prefer not to go there... Even very brave people hate long periods of pain and misery, presumably..

Maybe u r the exception...yet u seem to cower yourself from a virus very few die from

Ok, so...who are the cowardly, again?

Last edited:
We have our military fighting and dying in Iraq and Afghanistan. We have our front line health care workers working and dying trying to take care of those sick with Covid 19.We have people working at plants and dying trying to keep us fed. And what are we doing, whining about having to wear a mask and social distance. Complaining about not getting our hair cuts or getting our hair dyed and not getting our finger nails done. All that some of us can do is complain about our "freedoms" as other die for it or to help us fight this virus or even keep us fed. I guess I want to know, when did we become such a weeny nation?

I asked something similar a while ago. Funny how those who promote law and order change their tune when it negatively affects them.

i'm growing my hair right the **** out maybe one more time while it's still there. my wife wants me to do it. i told her that it makes me look like a hobo, but apparently, that's her thing, and i love King Of The Road and Rock Candy Mountain, so here we go. also, i wear a mask when i go to work or to the store. it's annoying, but I like being alive.

Yes, we are a bunch of sniveling cowards bc we miss our church services... nevermind Jesus and his Apostles said it's very difficult to get to Heaven..the Original Church even teaching it's normally a mortal sin to miss Mass..

We are weanies because we know we need Jesus and his original Church to avoid eternal Hell

Well, ok, maybe we are wimps after all

Hell is said to be painful and eternal.. so even the bravest among us would prefer not to go there... Even very brave people hate long periods of pain and misery, presumably..

Maybe u r the exception...yet u seem to cower yourself from a virus very few die from

Ok, so...who are the cowardly, again?

Do you think God takes attendance during a pandemic or do you think He would expect you to love your neighbor?

Do you think God takes attendance during a pandemic or do you think He would expect you to love your neighbor?

God said "smite thy neighbor".

But for your state's concern for their fellow americans, our coronavirus numbers would be much lower.

Just like the malignant narcissist, blame everyone else. Now its all NY's fault.

1918-pandemic-football-game-andy-mcneil.jpg

Vintage picture shows football fans wearing masks during 1918 pandemic

Just plain idiotic response to helping mitigate the viruses' effect.

Wear a mask or don't. The choice is yours. I won't call you idiotic either way as I was raised to have good manners.

Just like the malignant narcissist, blame everyone else. Now its all NY's fault.

View attachment 67281479

Vintage picture shows football fans wearing masks during 1918 pandemic

I didn't say it was all New York's fault, but facts don't seem to be your strong suit. Thanks for the photo though. You democrats are always living in the good old days of the last century. You should try to progress some time. It is good for the blood pressure.

In the pursuit of vanity while getting hair and nails done.

God is a Real Housewife of Heaven. He keys cars. He gets drunk. He flashes. And when he needs his hair and nails done, people better get the **** out of the way.

Not a joke but the male chromosome is slowly disappearing over time.

The Y chromosome is disappearing – so what will happen to men?

Males are literally becoming more and more feminine as history passes. Although sometimes we have some Ultra XYY males who are usually high strung, high energy, little more boisterous than the average male.

I didn't say it was all New York's fault, but facts don't seem to be your strong suit. Thanks for the photo though. You democrats are always living in the good old days of the last century. You should try to progress some time. It is good for the blood pressure.

You really are just like the Nectarine Nero. Imply NY is primarily to blame and then deny. Well done!

Wear a mask or don't. The choice is yours. I won't call you idiotic either way as I was raised to have good manners.

Apparently you weren't raised to read. I called your response idiotic, not you.

You really are just like the Nectarine Nero. Imply NY is primarily to blame and then deny. Well done!

No foreigners are primarily to blame. Your state, however, had no regard for their fellow Americans or else our numbers would be 23,282 lower. Almost 25% of the total number of deaths come at the hands of your bold leadership.

No foreigners are primarily to blame. Your state, however, had no regard for their fellow Americans or else our numbers would be 23,282 lower. Almost 25% of the total number of deaths come at the hands of your bold leadership.

You are free to believe whatever you wish just like all of the cult followers.

Blame bananaRepublicanism. Vote blue not red!

Them damn freedom lovers!

You might like this video.

Even if you are losing your house, have no job and no car, life is good and to say otherwise just tells me they are one of 'the spoiled'. Poor Americans are living like the rich. Americans have flat-screen TVs, cell phones, multiple video streaming subscriptions, cars, and homes, yet don't have $400 cash saved for an emergency. In contrast, there are almost a billion people who do not have enough food. The U.S. is so rich that people literally have no idea what real poverty is.

Having a phone is a luxury today? Try going to a job interview with no contact info, we need tech to get by these days. I'm eternally grateful that I wasn't born a disfigured miscarriage in the middle of some desert, but this nation doesn't look a whole lot like heaven. Just because the poor have TV doesn't mean the 40 million people in America struggling to feed themselves should suffer in silence.

In the richest nation in the world you wouldn't expect a higher incarceration rate than most countries or a lower employment rate than other developed nations. Just because most of us survive childhood doesn't mean we should give up on better lives for our poorest hommies. Maybe the billionaires of this country should cancel their Netflix & Hulu subscriptions so we don't have to bail out those welfare queens every time their super store loses a stock point.

Acting like the poor trying to throw in a little joy into their lives is the problem is sooooooo out of place. Yes this is the richest nation in the world, how about we send some more help instead of troops around the world, let alone our own borders. Every bad school has two cops while only private schools provide real opportunity. We act like we treat our citizens better than India because it's at least possible to move up the latter, but in practice we force even our children into the lower rungs. Things are ducked up and we need to try improving ourselves instead of punishing those who try to move outside our pyramid scheme traditions. The rich pay lower consumption and payroll taxes than I do and that needs to stop.

Complaining about the rules put into place to limit us is a lot different than complaining about the rules that protect us. Masks aren't that annoying but try getting out of a petty drug charge with the state provided lawyer. The odds are stacked against those with less. That is a problem. Popeyes requiring a mask for service is not a problem.

Back
Top Bottom