• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When did the Muslem world loose it's technical advantage?

[/SIZE]

you confuse the cause and effect relationships

I also misread the OP. I thought he meant why it started to decline in the 15th century. I had no idea why nor know when it started to happen. I just know Genghis Kahn conquered it at that time, around the 15th century, and that Genghis Khan's grandson Berke converted to Islam but Genghis himself still practiced his own religion while being tolerant. So yeah, I most likely am.

I'm not denying it. You wrote that Christians killed people for science. I gave you an article on Christians who were not killed for science and helped to further what is modern science.

Yes Christians who did their science after Christianity started to reverse its anti-science stance LOL! /clap

I'm also not denying the impact the Arabic world on history or technology. I gave a reason as to why it started to decline.

By avoiding the years 800 AD to 1500-1600 AD you certainly seem to be denying things.

"The Islamic Golden Age refers to the period in the history of Islam during the Middle Ages when much of the Muslim world was ruled by various caliphates, experiencing a scientific, economic, and cultural flourishing. This period is traditionally understood to have begun during the reign of the Abbasid caliph Harun al-Rashid (786 to 809) with the inauguration of the House of Wisdom in Baghdad, where scholars from various parts of the world sought to translate and gather all the known world's knowledge into Arabic. It is taken to have ended with the collapse of the Abbasid Caliphate with the Mongol invasions and the Sack of Baghdad in 1258. Several contemporary scholars, however, place the end around the 15th to 16th centuries." -Wikipedia

And that some how disputes what I wrote? It backs it up!

I also misread the OP. I thought he meant why it started to decline in the 15th century. I had no idea why nor know when it started to happen. I just know Genghis Kahn conquered it at that time, around the 15th century, and that Genghis Khan's grandson Berke converted to Islam but Genghis himself still practiced his own religion while being tolerant. So yeah, I most likely am.
as far as I know Cengzhan's sovereignty lasted in the 13th century.in fact islam really shone its light AS LONG AS muslims kept obeying what Qoran tells them to do uunlike you think

Back
Top Bottom