• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When Did Systemic Racism End?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me. What was given to me, a European White Male, that is "denied on a regular basis" to the "oppressed" blacks?

The opportunity for your family to do better for centuries, while black people's families were not, resulting in their being at a big disadvantage today. That's almost the only issue.

I think even conservatives will agree that systemic racism was indeed a very real problem in the past. What else could one call the slave economy and Jim Crow laws of the South, the red-lining of cities, etc? But most conservatives say systemic racism is no longer an issue. So when exactly did it end?
1980s long enough for the opponents of the civil rights act to retire.

I do think it still exists with regard to sentencing but it's coupled with sexism. Black men tend to get longer sentences.

But I've moved on. You should too!

I think you should remove the picture of JFK as your icon. You have very different views than JFK. He's the president who told the country that racial inequality was a national moral issue for the first time and put his presidency on the line to fight for more equality. You are essentially JFK's political enemy.

BWAHAHAHAHA, oh my.
You're breaking my heart.
Should we have a pity party?
It's always some unprovable appeal to emotion.

I doubt black people are privy to hiring practices. I could say I'm not hired because I'm tall but that's just guessing. I tend to get a call back 1 out of 10 applications.

The opportunity for your family to do better for centuries, while black people's families were not, resulting in their being at a big disadvantage today. That's almost the only issue.

Only that's not true. Black Americans have achieved so much over the last 60 years that it's a disgrace for you to ignore it.

Why are you pretending Motown didn't happen, that the biggest stars in music and professional sports are blacks who've achieved greatness.

I don't understand why you're tearing down the academic gains of African Americans who've earned a degree. But its democrats who've failed the inner-city.

1.)Only that's not true. Black Americans have achieved so much over the last 60 years that it's a disgrace for you to ignore it.
2.) Why are you pretending Motown didn't happen, that the biggest stars in music and professional sports are blacks who've achieved greatness.
3.)I don't understand why you're tearing down the academic gains of African Americans who've earned a degree. But its democrats who've failed the inner-city.
1.) they didnt do that so no need to make up that lie
2.) wow this failed argument is pure stupidity right here . . Motown? 😂 😂
3.) nobody did that, thats lie you are making up

I think even conservatives will agree that systemic racism was indeed a very real problem in the past. What else could one call the slave economy and Jim Crow laws of the South, the red-lining of cities, etc? But most conservatives say systemic racism is no longer an issue. So when exactly did it end?
During the Civil Rights era, around the 1960s. Sure, there were plenty of leftover resistance, but those things gradually wound down by the 1970s.

The simple answer is it hasn't . . .

systemic, systematic and institutionalized racism is alive and well unfortunately

Of course, things are better than they used to be in our society and we are improving but things like this aren;t magically erased . . it lingers because its part of the culture that has to be removed and that takes time

There is another weird issue that only seems to exist mainly on the internets

the better question would be

are there really people that think systemic, systematic and institutionalized racism doesn't exist?

Blacks have achieved greatness at every level, in every area of gov't, public and private corporations, institutions and universities, finance and education, science and technology.

And yet Democrats have run out of ideas on how to break the cycle of generational poverty and gov't assistance, that Democrats set up, Democrats administered, with leadership made up of people of color and minorities. And now after 50 years, they claim it's racism keeping them there. No it is not. It is the failed social policies of Democrats that have been unable to educate 3 generations of inner city blacks, teach a vocation, or lure away from the easy money of gangs, rap, and drugs.

Democrats have failed Black America and are now claiming it's everyone else's fault.
So, when a white person and a black person get caught with weed or go to the Dr or apply for housing and get treated differently it's because of Democrat social policies?

One does not need inherited wealth to avoid poverty.

It was a state issue

Blacks moving back to the south tells you something(wink)

No, it’s not my data, but it does show that culture drives poverty regardless of race. Fact, not opinion.
Does "culture" drive racial disparities in criminal justice and healthcare?

Does "culture" drive racial disparities in criminal justice and healthcare?
Yes, it can.

Let's take fatal police shootings as an example and leave race out of it. Suppose we were to pick two populations to study of 10,000 people each. The first group is made up of women ages 58-65. The second group has the exact same racial/ethnic mix but is made up of young men ages 18-25. I don't think a credible case can be made that we should expect to see the same number of fatalities at the hands of police in the first group as the second. We all understand that young men are far more likely to commit violent crimes and thus are far more likely to have violent interactions with police, some of which will wind up with someone being dead. The fact that young men more often die at the hands of police than do older women does not mean that police are inherently bias against young men. It's simply a consequence of a choices young men make.

No, go look at the rate of violent crime by race. You'll find they match, almost identically, the percentages of fatalities at the hands of police.

You're aware that Blacks have been moving back to the south for sometime now?

Yes, it can.

Let's take fatal police shootings as an example and leave race out of it. Suppose we were to pick two populations to study of 10,000 people each. The first group is made up of women ages 58-65. The second group has the exact same racial/ethnic mix but is made up of young men ages 18-25. I don't think a credible case can be made that we should expect to see the same number of fatalities at the hands of police in the first group as the second. We all understand that young men are far more likely to commit violent crimes and thus are far more likely to have violent interactions with police, some of which will wind up with someone being dead. The fact that young men more often die at the hands of police than do older women does not mean that police are inherently bias against young men. It's simply a consequence of a choices young men make.

No, go look at the rate of violent crime by race. You'll find they match, almost identically, the percentages of fatalities at the hands of police.

I admire your commitment to reply to my questions but not actually answer them.

So, again, all things being equal, when a white person and black person get caught with weed or apply for an apartment or go to the Dr and are treated differently, you are saying that is the fault of the black person.

Got it.

Last edited:
I admire your commitment to reply to my question but not actually answer it.

So, again, all things being equal, when a white person and black person get caught with weed or apply for an apartment or go to the Dr and are treated differently, you are saying that is the fault of the black person.

Got it.
No, I am not saying that. You are saying that as a straw-man.

Well I'm not a "Conservative" but I would say that since we have minority lawyers, doctors, SCOTUS Justices, Congresspeople, and even a minority President, that cries of "Waaaa systemic racism!!" are falling short.
I acknowledge the problems in the past and racial history in the US but I think that until here recently we were moving beyond it pretty well.
Now: *sigh*.
I just dont know. Theres a lot of White Guilt out there IMO and racism against Whites, a lot of finger pointing and scapegoating.
I'm not sure we're moving in the right direction anymore.

You're a conservative.

Thank you for acknowledging conservatives are more blatant with their racism.

Little back-and-forth replies like that demonstrate just how lopsided the debate--any debate--has become.

The intelligent conservatives appear to be in hiding.

No, I am not saying that. You are saying that as a straw-man.
I have asked the same question the entire thread. You replied to it multiple times. Your answer has always been some variation of black behavior or black culture. If you have a different response to my question, please post it.

That depends by what you mean by "systemic"?

If you mean in the traditional sense, racism built into the system, ie: our system of government?
Then there is no racism, as there is none built into our system of government.
So it ended when the last law based on race was struck from the books. That is, unless you think reverse racism counts.

If you are speaking of the type that is perceived to exist because of actual disparities, and exists outside of our system of government - never, because disparities will always exist.

Last edited:
I have asked the same question the entire thread. You replied to it multiple times. Your answer has always been some variation of black behavior or black culture. If you have a different response to my question, please post it.
You're demanding a simple answer to a very complex question. You're welcome to play that game, but I choose not to.

You're demanding a simple answer to a very complex question. You're welcome to play that game, but I choose not to.
You already supplied a simple answer, black cultural values. If it's not your answer to my question, why would you post it?

I think you should remove the picture of JFK as your icon. You have very different views than JFK. He's the president who told the country that racial inequality was a national moral issue for the first time and put his presidency on the line to fight for more equality. You are essentially JFK's political enemy.

Right. But we have the Civil Rights Act after Kennedy. Because "civil rights" was an issue of the 60s.
If JFK were alive today, he would NO WAY approve of taking a dump on the flag & nation, he would not approve of any rioting and looting and he would never lie and call those "protests". He would tell people to obey the laws, cooperate with Police, dont resist arrest and

"Ask NOT what your country can do for YOU, ask what YOU can do for your country..."

*crowd R O A R S * A P P R O V A L *

applause.gif

I would say by the mid 1980s

Liberals are some of the worst racists, they just practice it in more subtle and sleazy ways.
Liberal racism is primarily underselling of black capabilities, keeping them dependent, and aborting their children in great numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom