• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When Cops should shoot or beat the hell out of a suspect

Answering only to the name of the thread...

Only when a police officer sincerely thinks his life is in imminent danger.
Or the lives of others, if he has more children he could hurt shooting him to incapacitate him but not seriously hurt him is 100% OK in these kinds of cases.

I'm a "heat of the moment" guy. Throw a baby, I'm giving a pass to whoever beats his ass.

I had to sit across from such people for years, sometimes prosecuting them, sometimes mediating, sometimes counselling. Police get it immediate like ems and fire, nurses and emergency physicians. By the time it got to me there werer pictures in a file, medical reports, and when the accused came in he most always they had a smerk on his face. I learned from those front line guys to shut my mouth and do my job or my actions could give the guy a way back out. I wish I could tell you the system contains such people. It tries but its overflowing.

Here's a case where I'd be all in on the cops ending a suspect's life on the spot. But, the Florida police officers showed incredible restraint. Hats off to them, I guess. I know I would not have been as gracious.

Holy crap!

This is nuts.
If you read the article you'll see that the baby tosser told the police that he couldn't breathe. Based on that and that alone, the police should have simply abandoned all efforts to restrain him and allowed him to go about his day. There is no good reason for the cops to try to restrain someone, especially a person of color, that can't breathe. If the person can't breathe then they are no longer a threat and all police actions need to cease immediately.

Preexisting condition being what? He's a psychopath?
It sounds like he was scared because the police were chasing him. He had every right to be scared and to flee a situation that easily could have resulted in his death. If the cops weren't chasing him he never would have had to throw the baby. The cops, not the victim, should be the ones charged and put in prison.

It sounds like he was scared because the police were chasing him. He had every right to be scared and to flee a situation that easily could have resulted in his death. If the cops weren't chasing him he never would have had to throw the baby. The cops, not the victim, should be the ones charged and put in prison.

Um.

Okay.

Just gonna leave that out on the table.

This must be an American concept - a pretty bad one.
There are at least two big problems with this concept:
1. how do you determine that a cop "sincerely thinks" than his life is in danger(and he doesn't falsely claim so)?
2. why should cops decide based on their personal and subjective beliefs whether they should take someone's life or not?

Would like to be beaten or killed based on what people sincerely think about you?
I don't drive drunk. I don't cause problems just for the sake of causing problems. I NEVER TOSSED A BABY LIKE A FOOTBALL!!! I like my odds.

Last edited:
He didn't have to throw the baby AT ALL!!!!

Very few things would stoke those emotions more than seeing a grown man hurl a baby through the air.
Somebody once ate my sandwich without asking and that might be a pretty close second...

It was black forest ham and brie... what asshole would do something that shitty?

Yeah, I hope the baby was alright...

He didn't have to throw the baby AT ALL!!!!
He did if he was serious about getting away... the problem is that he did not get enough of a heave... Anybody that thinks this might occur in their lives... heaving a baby in order to get away from cops, should watch an Aaron Rodgers Hail Mary pass... distance, arc. acceleration...

Agreed. It was the cops fault that he threw the baby into the air... if they had just let him on his way the baby never would have been in danger.

He did if he was serious about getting away... the problem is that he did not get enough of a heave... Anybody that thinks this might occur in their lives... heaving a baby in order to get away from cops, should watch an Aaron Rodgers Hail Mary pass... distance, arc. acceleration...
Ok, I know this is a serious matter... but... 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Here's a case where I'd be all in on the cops ending a suspect's life on the spot. But, the Florida police officers showed incredible restraint. Hats off to them, I guess. I know I would not have been as gracious.

Holy crap!

This is nuts.

I’d want him to stand in front of a jury of his peers, listening to every detail of the description in front of others. Powerless. Then he can be judged and sentenced and go to prison as a baby killer.

Isn’t it just the worst when a mass shooter claims his own life to get off easy, for instance?

Don't watch my Steelers Ben Roethlisberger... his arm is gone I think.

Back
Top Bottom