• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When can police search your car?

Gee....in the old days...profiling worked for a stop and probable cause wasn't that hard to establish.

If you saw a puke in public, you made a stop to see what turned up, usually plenty.

You would be amazed at how many of these dumbass, mental midgets, give an officer permission to search when requested. Some were so high, they forgot about all the contraband in the vehicle. I was often amused by this stupidity and effected many arrests. :lol:

Gee....in the old days...profiling worked for a stop and probable cause wasn't that hard to establish.

If you saw a puke in public, you made a stop to see what turned up, usually plenty.

You would be amazed at how many of these dumbass, mental midgets, give an officer permission to search when requested. Some were so high, they forgot about all the contraband in the vehicle. I was often amused by this stupidity and effected many arrests. :lol:
It is amazing how many people consent to searches when they know they have stuff on them.

Posted for informational purposes. Comment as you see fit. :)
Sadly, to search your car against your wishes today needs nothing more than an officer bringing a frisky dog to your location.

The good news is: You're making the guy work for the (possible) bust, and he may not follow through (for various reasons).

All he need do is stop you, then smell cannabis when he leans in the window to talk to you.

All he need do is stop you, then smell cannabis when he leans in the window to talk to you.

Or if he wants his false search to SEEM legit he'll just bring a dog that's trained to get hits, even without the scent of marijuana. I've seen several videos where the dog is trained to jump at the car on command and then officers consider that a "hit". So if the corrupt police want to search your car they'll find a reason. I'm glad I live in Nevada and not somewhere like Alabama or Florida. There's no revenue sharing or quotas so the cops don't give a **** about making arrests. They care more about doing their jobs.

It is amazing how many people consent to searches when they know they have stuff on them.

Yes it is...

Sadly, to search your car against your wishes today needs nothing more than an officer bringing a frisky dog to your location.

The good news is: You're making the guy work for the (possible) bust, and he may not follow through (for various reasons).

They have other equipment now as well...

Yep, and if a person is dumb enough to use that stuff.....oh well.

Or if he wants his false search to SEEM legit he'll just bring a dog that's trained to get hits, even without the scent of marijuana. I've seen several videos where the dog is trained to jump at the car on command and then officers consider that a "hit". So if the corrupt police want to search your car they'll find a reason. I'm glad I live in Nevada and not somewhere like Alabama or Florida. There's no revenue sharing or quotas so the cops don't give a **** about making arrests. They care more about doing their jobs.

That's all I ever cared about. I've never worked for a department that had quotas. Some of these criminoids make it pretty easy at times and I never did a false search. That 6th sense kicks in after a year or two on the job and it pays off.

Far as I know, they have to arrest you before they can search you, your car or your premises without permission. That's unless they have a warrant from a judge. But I could be wrong (I was once before).

...and when you don't have any on you you drive straight over to the police station with the ticket time and make a complaint...

Far as I know, they have to arrest you before they can search you, your car or your premises without permission. That's unless they have a warrant from a judge. But I could be wrong (I was once before).

Correct. And of course, that's just a formality....;)

But, like I said above....most of these yo-yo-s will say yes....

I'd say that's a useful article about how to handle car stops. I didn't see any misstatements of the constitutional issues in it.

I'm from Egypt so that would sound weird here but he can search the car anytime he wants, after the military coup in 2013 it went so opressive and the government is involoved in many crimes concerning human rights including kidnapping rather than simply opressing for a car searching when you refuse to.

When can police search your car?

Whenever they feel like it. All they have to say is "I thought I smelled pot smoke". So in essence...any ol time they want to.

You forgot the part where after you find things, you make up a whole bunch of lies to tell on the stand to justify your stop in your first place, so that they don't get suppressed. Because, as you surely must know, your opinion that someone is "a puke" isn't a basis for stopping them.

And if you don't find anything, you threaten the guy and let them go. What, are they gonna prove you illegally stopped them? And so what if they can. Gotta love official immunity.

Worst thing that could possibly happen is you get a paid vacation, courtesy of the union's negotiated deal

A public service announcement with guitars!

Back
Top Bottom