• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When are condoms used?

Condoms are used

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Celebrity

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
In this poll, let us know when you think condoms are best used for protection.

Can't answer. Condoms are used for things besides intercourse, and some people don't have intercourse at all but may still have use for condoms.

Not sure what you're trying to prove here, but I'm pretty sure it's backfiring on you.

This question makes no sense. You put them on before, wear them during, and take them off after. It's all three. What the **** other answer are you expecting?

Can't answer. Condoms are used for things besides intercourse, and some people don't have intercourse at all but may still have use for condoms.

Not sure what you're trying to prove here, but I'm pretty sure it's backfiring on you.

This is a poll. You're welcome to participate in it. The purpose of a poll is to collect data. I'm not sure how that could backfire on me, personally. If you feel that my description of "protection" in the OP doesn't pass muster in a forum entitled "Sex and Sexuality," be sure to let me know in what way I can clarify either of those two things.

poll
/pōl/
verb
record the opinion or vote of.
"focus groups in which customers are polled about merchandise preferences"
synonyms: canvass, survey, ask, question, interview, ballot
"most of those polled supported the vice president"

This is a poll. You're welcome to participate in it. The purpose of a poll is to collect data. I'm not sure how that could backfire on me, personally. If you feel that my description of "protection" in the OP doesn't pass muster in a forum entitled "Sex and Sexuality," be sure to let me know in what way I can clarify either of those two things.

poll
/pōl/
verb
record the opinion or vote of.
"focus groups in which customers are polled about merchandise preferences"
synonyms: canvass, survey, ask, question, interview, ballot
"most of those polled supported the vice president"

Well, your poll doesn't give me the correct answer to choose. The correct answer is, "during any activity where there is a risk of STD's and/or pregnancy." This can be at times other than intercourse.

Well, your poll doesn't give me the correct answer to choose. The correct answer is, "during any activity where there is a risk of STD's and/or pregnancy." This can be at times other than intercourse.

I don't understand. Can you elaborate?

An STD is transmitted by intercourse. Would you use a condom during any other activity to prevent an STD?

I don't understand. Can you elaborate?

An STD is transmitted by intercourse. Would you use a condom during any other activity to prevent an STD?

STD's are transmitted by a lot more than just intercourse. Some are even transmitted by touch alone.

Some people choose to use condoms for oral sex (or dental dams with women). More people should do this, with untested or non-monogamous partners. All STD's can be passed orally.

Some people who choose relatively high-risk sexual lifestyles also use gloves for genital touching. HPV can be passed this way and infect any part of the body. Some other STD's can also be passed by touching someone's genitals, and then making contact with your own or another person's without washing.

STD's are transmitted by a lot more than just intercourse. Some are even transmitted by touch alone.

Some people choose to use condoms for oral sex (or dental dams with women). More people should do this, with untested or non-monogamous partners. All STD's can be passed orally.

Some people who choose relatively high-risk sexual lifestyles also use gloves for genital touching. HPV can be passed this way and infect any part of the body. Some other STD's can also be passed by touching someone's genitals, and then making contact with your own or another person's without washing.

So what you're saying is that condoms are used for protection during oral sex?

So you can't answer my poll about sexual intercourse because of sexual intercourse?

Dude, what?

Here, try reading it again.

I am guessing that the poll is intended to be the mechanism to get to a pithy observation.

If so it failed spectacularly.

So you can't answer my poll about sexual intercourse because of sexual intercourse?

Your poll isn't about sexual intercourse, it's about condom use. You simply limited your available responses to intercourse uses. If you intended your poll to be limited as such, you should have worded it clearer. Such as "Condoms are best used for sexual intercourse: responses". Then it is clear that you are looking at a limited scope. Instead you simply asked about condom use in general which is not limited to intercourse.

Dude, what?

Here, try reading it again.

oral is a form of intercourse by many. others think only vaginal intercourse is intercourse

you are both getting all pissy over semantics.

This question makes no sense. You put them on before, wear them during, and take them off after. It's all three. What the **** other answer are you expecting?

so choose all three.

or bitch about stuff like everyone else. :lamo

i wouldn't be surprised to see at least some fail this poll, given our country's pitiful sex ed

oral is a form of intercourse by many. others think only vaginal intercourse is intercourse

you are both getting all pissy over semantics.

I've never heard it used that way, nor does the OP seem to be using it that way. Beyond that, as I said, there are also reasons to use some kind of barrier protection even for manual sex, and oral on females.

I've never heard it used that way, nor does the OP seem to be using it that way. Beyond that, as I said, there are also reasons to use some kind of barrier protection even for manual sex, and oral on females.

Slim.

For most things, yes. But for some people, given their sexual risks, also worth it. :shrug:

Rarely. When a regular person demands it I run the other way, they are either diseased or whacko, and either way.........

Rarely. When a regular person demands it I run the other way, they are either diseased or whacko, and either way.........

...Which only displays that you don't get how these things are passed, if you're hearing it from the sorts of people I suspect you are.

Or perhaps just does not want to get pregnant?

Your poll isn't about sexual intercourse, it's about condom use. You simply limited your available responses to intercourse uses. If you intended your poll to be limited as such, you should have worded it clearer. Such as "Condoms are best used for sexual intercourse: responses". Then it is clear that you are looking at a limited scope. Instead you simply asked about condom use in general which is not limited to intercourse.

Can we call it a sexual poll in a sexual forum about condoms with sexual options? I don't see what the big deal is.

I'm not using it that way, it refers to sexual intercourse in general. What kind of sex suits you is up to you.

Or perhaps just does not want to get pregnant?

:wcm

Can we call it a sexual poll in a sexual forum about condoms with sexual options? I don't see what the big deal is.

I'm not using it that way, it refers to sexual intercourse in general. What kind of sex suits you is up to you.

:wcm

There is no "big deal." There's nothing important or interesting about the poll.

The correct answer is "all of the above, and more." Anyone who answers differently is wrong. Why are we taking an opinion poll regarding medical facts?

There is no "big deal." There's nothing important or interesting about the poll.

The correct answer is "all of the above, and more." Anyone who answers differently is wrong. Why are we taking an opinion poll regarding medical facts?

Condoms are used for sexual protection more than before, during and after sex? That is not possible. You are allowed to choose among three mutually disjoint answers, or combine all three to include any possibility in all time.

Back
Top Bottom