• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When are Black Americans going to stop supporting Democrats?

Amazon caved and came in without all the tax concessions anyway. AOC got it right. You got an Old ass op Ed.
Try again or sit in your failure.
Yes, I am such a failure. To cover it up, I created this website just now:

Quoting myself:

However, Amazon decided last February to cancel its New York project due to tension with lawmakers and politicians who criticized the deal.
Nevertheless, Amazon's second headquarters in northern Virginia is set to break ground in early 2020, reports CNBC. With an approved $23 million incentive package, the tech giant will be introducing two 22-story buildings, a 2.1 million-square-foot space, and 25,000 jobs over the next decade.

Goodbye, NYC.

The moral from this outcome is that you can put lipstick on a bartender and it's still a moron.

Yes, I am such a failure. To cover it up, I created this website just now:

Quoting myself:

However, Amazon decided last February to cancel its New York project due to tension with lawmakers and politicians who criticized the deal.
Nevertheless, Amazon's second headquarters in northern Virginia is set to break ground in early 2020, reports CNBC. With an approved $23 million incentive package, the tech giant will be introducing two 22-story buildings, a 2.1 million-square-foot space, and 25,000 jobs over the next decade.

Goodbye, NYC.

The moral from this outcome is that you can put lipstick on a bartender and it's still a moron.

You *still* got it wrong. What shade of lipstick were you wearing when you wrote that?

come on. it's hilarious to see the actual republican posts showing why most black people don't support Republicans in THIS thread.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I know, I also enjoy listening to them deny they are racists. I'm still waiting for an explanation of how the republican big tent they talk about equates into the leadership being ninety five or so percent white men. Just an amazing display of diversity and they wonder why more blacks don't vote republican. I can only figure it's because they have more sense than a trump supporter.

I know, I also enjoy listening to them deny they are racists. I'm still waiting for an explanation of how the republican big tent they talk about equates into the leadership being ninety five or so percent white men. Just an amazing display of diversity and they wonder why more blacks don't vote republican. I can only figure it's because they have more sense than a trump supporter.

Romney and Ryan pose for a photo with campaign staff at RNC

As you have mentioned, red-lining is no longer legal, but the negative effects from when red-lining was legal were never remedied. Accordingly, black families today have disproportionately less home-ownership. This disproportionate lack of homeownership is not the result of an individual's belief, it is the consequence of historical discrimination. This is a systemic problem, rather than a problem of individual belief.
Ok, so which law specifically points out that black people can't get a home, but a white person can? Look, the problem isn't racism. It's a cultural difference in the black community. If there's a law against black people, then how do you explain Barack Obama purchasing a $15MM house? He's black, isn't he? Wouldn't the law affect him? He's black.

What you're describing is a cultural breakdown in the black community. It's not that they're black. It's that there's a disproportionately high amount of crime and drugs in the black community. There's a disproportionately low amount of nuclear families in the black community. It's the glorification of the thug culture in media. If it were simply the color of their skin, people like Obama, Oprah Winfrey, or even Ben Carson wouldn't have a chance to become the people they are. Not if the determinate factor is race.

There are a host of other historical injustices that have introduced similar disparities.
Slavery was a "historical injustice" too. But does that cause blacks to graduate high school at a lower rate than whites? Is "historical injustice" to blame that black children are born to single mothers at a 91% clip, versus white women at 12%? The problem isn't "systemic." It's cultural, and there are no laws in culture.

As a consequence of these disparities, any law or institutional dynamic which affects an attribute that is disproportionately represented as a result of historical discrimination will disproportionately affect black people. This is not a case of an individual belief. It is a systemic problem.
Like what? Give me a law that specifically has different applications based on race alone. Not culture. Not economics. I'm talking race alone.
As far as individual beliefs? Ask kids what they wanna be when they grow up. White kids want to be all kinds of things. Black kids? Football or basketball player. Which of those two has the better chance of achieving their goal? Which of those two are more susceptible to realizing their dreams are unattainable?

If you have an oil leak in your car, and you put off getting it fixed until your car finally breaks down and you have to get it fixed, you can't just stop the oil leak and expect the car to be fixed. You also have to repair all the damage that the oil leak caused.
Not sure that analogy works. However (to paraphrase Chris Rock), if a black person blows all their money on rims for their car, then yeah...they won't have enough money for when the actual car breaks down. Just like if a black person drops out of school and gets into crime, then yeah...he'll struggle to succeed in society. Is it "the system's" fault that he dropped out? If a young black woman can't keep her freakin' legs closed, when it's painfully obvious that she cannot afford having children, then is it "the system's" fault that she puts herself in the position she's in? If that same woman's baby daddy runs off, is it "the system's" fault?

If anything, "the system" is to blame for encouraging bad behavior due to all the welfare programs that are put in place. These programs aren't there to "raise anyone out of poverty." They're there to keep those poor people's heads "just treading above the waterline." Government wants them right where they are. Poor, and tragically dependent on government. That's the real problem.

Ok, so which law specifically points out that black people can't get a home, but a white person can? Look, the problem isn't racism. It's a cultural difference in the black community. If there's a law against black people, then how do you explain Barack Obama purchasing a $15MM house? He's black, isn't he? Wouldn't the law affect him? He's black.

What you're describing is a cultural breakdown in the black community. It's not that they're black. It's that there's a disproportionately high amount of crime and drugs in the black community. There's a disproportionately low amount of nuclear families in the black community. It's the glorification of the thug culture in media. If it were simply the color of their skin, people like Obama, Oprah Winfrey, or even Ben Carson wouldn't have a chance to become the people they are. Not if the determinate factor is race.

Slavery was a "historical injustice" too. But does that cause blacks to graduate high school at a lower rate than whites? Is "historical injustice" to blame that black children are born to single mothers at a 91% clip, versus white women at 12%? The problem isn't "systemic." It's cultural, and there are no laws in culture.

Like what? Give me a law that specifically has different applications based on race alone. Not culture. Not economics. I'm talking race alone.
As far as individual beliefs? Ask kids what they wanna be when they grow up. White kids want to be all kinds of things. Black kids? Football or basketball player. Which of those two has the better chance of achieving their goal? Which of those two are more susceptible to realizing their dreams are unattainable?

Not sure that analogy works. However (to paraphrase Chris Rock), if a black person blows all their money on rims for their car, then yeah...they won't have enough money for when the actual car breaks down. Just like if a black person drops out of school and gets into crime, then yeah...he'll struggle to succeed in society. Is it "the system's" fault that he dropped out? If a young black woman can't keep her freakin' legs closed, when it's painfully obvious that she cannot afford having children, then is it "the system's" fault that she puts herself in the position she's in? If that same woman's baby daddy runs off, is it "the system's" fault?

If anything, "the system" is to blame for encouraging bad behavior due to all the welfare programs that are put in place. These programs aren't there to "raise anyone out of poverty." They're there to keep those poor people's heads "just treading above the waterline." Government wants them right where they are. Poor, and tragically dependent on government. That's the real problem.
This is so shamelessly dumb its not worth a reasoned response.

When republicans stop murdering them for no reason, that's when black Americans will stop supporting primarily democrats. When that comes to an end and the republican party gains some humanity and begins to sip from the cup of human kindness, then they may switch parties.

Black voters will stop supporting Democrats when there's a better option for them. Maybe in a few years after the GOP implodes from the sheer weight of it's racist hypocrisy.

You not only cannot admit that these things ever existed, you don't/won't concede that they ever existed, so cannot be in effect today. So you, Velvet Elvis, are the new face of the the Jim Crow south. The poor white trash girl with more babies than she can name the Daddies of is your monument. Too bad that no body ever heard of you, cared about what you think, cared about what you did. Because you are nobody. Nobody cares what you think, nobody cares what you do. When you are gone, no one will know or care.

The FIRST STEP Act included reforms to address recidivism, helping prisons improve their rehabilitation programs and allowing non-violent black inmates earn early-release more easily.

Some pf your irrational rant as some merit, most of it does not. While the Republicans did side with the Blacks in the time of Lincoln that has long disappeared. In todays world it is the Republicans that are deliberately erecting barriers to minority employment, and housing. Then you have the removal of polling places and voting machines, coupled with court challenges, in order to create long lines that are bad enough in good times, and during the present pandemic can mean risk of serious injury or death to people trying to vote or their loved ones. Add to that the removal of mail-in voting, and the reality that stricter voter ID laws often, if not always, base the acceptable forms of ID on those forms that are not readily available to Blacks. Then you have the discrimination of the legal system that tends to make criminals of Blacks while setting Whites free. Even the rehab programs that the First Step Act was to address were defunded, or eliminated by trump.

So, why would a Black seek to put his future in the hands of a right wing Republican?

This is how Republicans like Barr, and trump, view the law:

Last edited:
This is so shamelessly dumb its not worth a reasoned response.
Why? Just because it doesn't fit your narrative? It's not my opinion, therefore it doesn't exist?

How very head-in-the-sand of you.

You not only cannot admit that these things ever existed, you don't/won't concede that they ever existed, so cannot be in effect today. So you, Velvet Elvis, are the new face of the the Jim Crow south. The poor white trash girl with more babies than she can name the Daddies of is your monument. Too bad that no body ever heard of you, cared about what you think, cared about what you did. Because you are nobody. Nobody cares what you think, nobody cares what you do. When you are gone, no one will know or care.
I appreciate the direct personal attack. I never said any of it "ever existed." However, I don't agree that it's the current reason.

Slavery existed long ago. Doesn't necessarily mean it directly affects anyone nowadays. Especially since a lot of blacks don't even have ancestors who were slaves.

Politicians intentionally keep the black culture trapped in a welfare cycle. by incentivizing single motherhood, Section 8 housing and providing just enough money through subsidies to survive. but not enough to pull yourself out of Poverty, not enough to educate yourself or your children, not enough to move out of crime ridden areas..... nor do they provide education or vocational skills or job training or ANYTHING that will help make some independent! Instead they keep black culture right where they want them fully dependent on government. And the most disgusting part is that they have actually tricked them into praising them for It and rewarding them with their vote over and over again.

Politicians intentionally keep the black culture trapped in a welfare cycle. by incentivizing single motherhood, Section 8 housing and providing just enough money through subsidies to survive. but not enough to pull yourself out of Poverty, not enough to educate yourself or your children, not enough to move out of crime ridden areas..... nor do they provide education or vocational skills or job training or ANYTHING that will help make some independent! Instead they keep black culture right where they want them fully dependent on government. And the most disgusting part is that they have actually tricked them into praising them for It and rewarding them with their vote over and over again.
This is exactly right. Democrats know that self-sufficient, educated black people tend to "escape the plantation," and this is something they will not tolerate.

Unlike others who think this is too dumb to respond to, I think you genuinely believe it is a cultural problem because you genuinely don't understand the mechanisms by which systemic racism operates. So I will happy to walk through it for you and anyone else who wants to understand.

The specific law that addressed redlining was the Community Reinvestment Act of 1977. Prior to this, there was a legal framework in place that provided barriers to home-ownership based on race. So for over 400 years, white people were buying up real estate that black people could not buy without overcoming significant systemic challenges. As a result of this explicitly racist system, black families had disproportionately less homeownership than white families in 1977 when the law was passed.

In 1978, when redlining was no longer legal, can you think of any reasons, aside from cultural differences, why home-ownership among black families might still be disproportionately lower than among white families?

I appreciate the direct personal attack. I never said any of it "ever existed." However, I don't agree that it's the current reason.

Slavery existed long ago. Doesn't necessarily mean it directly affects anyone nowadays. Especially since a lot of blacks don't even have ancestors who were slaves.

At least three States I know of, Georgia, Arkansas, and Texas, still have free prison labor. Others pay pennies an hour. IMO, that is slavery.

As far as ancestry is concerned, "40 acres and a mule" still applies, and it would be quite easy to eliminate those who are not descendants of slaves.

At least three States I know of, Georgia, Arkansas, and Texas, still have free prison labor. Others pay pennies an hour. IMO, that is slavery.
Have those states' attorney generals been busted for deliberately refusing to abide by court orders in the case of Brown v. Plata? Kamala Harris was. That's the difference.

As far as ancestry is concerned, "40 acres and a mule" still applies, and it would be quite easy to eliminate those who are not descendants of slaves.
But were those "40 acres and a mule" for current and former slaves, or was it for "slaves, and every single descendant until the end of time?"
It's no longer reparations for slaves. It's blatant vote-buying by the democrat party, even though they have no intention on following through. Just like they do with ALL their promises.

The specific law that addressed redlining was the Community Reinvestment Act of 1977. Prior to this, there was a legal framework in place that provided barriers to home-ownership based on race. So for over 400 years, white people were buying up real estate that black people could not buy without overcoming significant systemic challenges. As a result of this explicitly racist system, black families had disproportionately less homeownership than white families in 1977 when the law was passed.
So you're agreeing with me. Red-lining was bad, and it's been since rectified.

In 1978, when redlining was no longer legal, can you think of any reasons, aside from cultural differences, why home-ownership among black families might still be disproportionately lower than among white families?
No. Tell me. I'm still awaiting a current law that specifically says blacks have to do "X," while whites have to do "Y." A current law that has legal biases according to race, that is 100% insulated from other factors such as culture, gender, or financial situation (other than egregious things like a minimum-wage earner attempting to buy a million-dollar home on loan).

Why is the leftard density per page so high here?
Does this forum give anything away for free? If so, I want one, too. Even if it's Che's used toilet paper.
Why not just post this, instead:

So you're agreeing with me. Red-lining was bad, and it's been since rectified.
I'm glad we're on the same page so far. Acknowledging that red-lining is bad is a good first step.

No. Tell me.

Well, as it turns out, the Community Reinvestment Act of 1977 stopped further redlining (at least it stopped redlining of the sort that had enjoyed a legal framework prior to the Community Reinvestment Act) but it failed to repair the damage that had already been done for the preceding 358 years. As a result, black families did not instantly gain the same proportion of homeownership that their white counterparts enjoyed. Instead, they had the same disproportionate lack of homeownership that they had before, through no fault of their own or through any cultural difference. Are you with me so far?

I'm still awaiting a current law that specifically says blacks have to do "X," while whites have to do "Y." A current law that has legal biases according to race, that is 100% insulated from other factors such as culture, gender, or financial situation (other than egregious things like a minimum-wage earner attempting to buy a million-dollar home on loan).

A law that specifically says blacks have to do "X," while whites have to do "Y" would be in violation of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. However, systemic racism can and does continue to persist without laws that specifically say blacks have to do "X," while whites have to do "Y."

I know that it is counterintuitive to you right now, and you feel very confident that explicit laws that literally stipulate race in their verbiage are the only possible system that could lead to a disproportionate advantage of one race over another, but once you understand the system, you'll wonder why you never saw it before.

Don't worry, you'll get there. You took a good first step by correctly identifying that red-lining was bad.

Last edited:
But were those "40 acres and a mule" for current and former slaves, or was it for "slaves, and every single descendant until the end of time?"
It's no longer reparations for slaves. It's blatant vote-buying by the democrat party, even though they have no intention on following through. Just like they do with ALL their promises.

Did you read what I wrote? And what promises have the Democrats not followed through on that were not blocked by Republicans?

Back
Top Bottom