• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When are Black Americans going to stop supporting Democrats?

Integrityrespec

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Democrats promised much but delivered little since the Civil Rights legislation of the 60's. Currently 75% of black children are born into single parent families. Black neighborhoods have been decimated by crime and loss of black owned businesses due to legislation that encouraged big chain stores to move into black neighborhoods forcing black owned businesses to close. Joe Biden, has been in politics for 47 years and supported these policies. Joe Biden once called state-mandated school integration “the most racist concept you can come up with,” As of 2007, in a memoir released that year, the democrat presidential candidate derided busing as “a liberal trainwreck.” He was a staunch opponent of “forced busing” in the 1970s, and leading crusader for mass incarceration throughout the ‘80s and ‘90s. He referred to Barack Obama “the first sort of mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean.” Uncle Joe has described African-American felons as “predators” too sociopathic to rehabilitate — and white supremacist senators as his friends.
It is hard to name an unjust feature of America’s criminal-justice system that Joe Biden didn’t help to bring about. Mandatory minimum sentences for nonviolent drug offenders, the sentencing disparity between crack and powder cocaine, civil asset forfeiture, and extensive use of the death penalty — the Delaware senator was involved in establishing them all.

Biden is famous for a lead role in the 1994 crime bill, as he prefers to call it (as recently as 2015), the “1994 Biden Crime Bill.” It expanded the death penalty, creating 60 new death penalty offenses. It eliminated education funding for incarcerated students, effectively gutting prison education programs. Despite a wealth of research showing education increases post-release employment, reduces recidivism, and improves outcomes for the formerly incarcerated and their families, this change has not been reversed. During the Bush administration Biden told the American people. “In a nutshell, the president’s plan does not include enough police officers to catch the violent thugs, enough prosecutors to convict them, enough judges to sentence them, or enough prison cells to put them away for a long time.”

(This from an article by black american Pastor Darrell Scott) . Since Trump’s inauguration, the U.S. economy has created a whopping 1,017,000 new jobs for African Americans. The national black unemployment rate is an all-time low of 5.5%. Unemployment for black women is even lower, at just 4.4%. President Trump’s “Opportunity Zones” initiative is spurring even more economic growth in underdeveloped communities around the country. The initiative is projected to generate approximately $100 billion of new private investment in black communities. Focus on opportunity for minorities has been a major priority for Trump. He is committed to reforming the criminal justice system. By eliminating the sentencing disparities of the Clinton-era crime bill, which disproportionately affected African Americans, President Trump is giving thousands of unfairly sentenced black inmates a second chance at the American Dream.

The FIRST STEP Act included reforms to address recidivism, helping prisons improve their rehabilitation programs and allowing non-violent black inmates earn early-release more easily. Thanks to this legislation, non-violent inmates will now be equipped with the professional and social skills they need to become productive members of society following their release.
Trump understands the foundation of economic success is a quality education. Trump signed a $360 million grant to support Historically Black Colleges and Universities last year — by far the most that any president has ever appropriated for HBCUs. Even America’s first black president, Barack Obama, never allocated that much money to HBCUs.

Democrats promised much but delivered little since the Civil Rights legislation of the 60's. Currently 75% of black children are born into single parent families. Black neighborhoods have been decimated by crime and loss of black owned businesses due to legislation that encouraged big chain stores to move into black neighborhoods forcing black owned businesses to close. Joe Biden, has been in politics for 47 years and supported these policies. Joe Biden once called state-mandated school integration “the most racist concept you can come up with,” As of 2007, in a memoir released that year, the democrat presidential candidate derided busing as “a liberal trainwreck.” He was a staunch opponent of “forced busing” in the 1970s, and leading crusader for mass incarceration throughout the ‘80s and ‘90s. He referred to Barack Obama “the first sort of mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean.” Uncle Joe has described African-American felons as “predators” too sociopathic to rehabilitate — and white supremacist senators as his friends.
It is hard to name an unjust feature of America’s criminal-justice system that Joe Biden didn’t help to bring about. Mandatory minimum sentences for nonviolent drug offenders, the sentencing disparity between crack and powder cocaine, civil asset forfeiture, and extensive use of the death penalty — the Delaware senator was involved in establishing them all.

Biden is famous for a lead role in the 1994 crime bill, as he prefers to call it (as recently as 2015), the “1994 Biden Crime Bill.” It expanded the death penalty, creating 60 new death penalty offenses. It eliminated education funding for incarcerated students, effectively gutting prison education programs. Despite a wealth of research showing education increases post-release employment, reduces recidivism, and improves outcomes for the formerly incarcerated and their families, this change has not been reversed. During the Bush administration Biden told the American people. “In a nutshell, the president’s plan does not include enough police officers to catch the violent thugs, enough prosecutors to convict them, enough judges to sentence them, or enough prison cells to put them away for a long time.”

(This from an article by black american Pastor Darrell Scott) . Since Trump’s inauguration, the U.S. economy has created a whopping 1,017,000 new jobs for African Americans. The national black unemployment rate is an all-time low of 5.5%. Unemployment for black women is even lower, at just 4.4%. President Trump’s “Opportunity Zones” initiative is spurring even more economic growth in underdeveloped communities around the country. The initiative is projected to generate approximately $100 billion of new private investment in black communities. Focus on opportunity for minorities has been a major priority for Trump. He is committed to reforming the criminal justice system. By eliminating the sentencing disparities of the Clinton-era crime bill, which disproportionately affected African Americans, President Trump is giving thousands of unfairly sentenced black inmates a second chance at the American Dream.

The FIRST STEP Act included reforms to address recidivism, helping prisons improve their rehabilitation programs and allowing non-violent black inmates earn early-release more easily. Thanks to this legislation, non-violent inmates will now be equipped with the professional and social skills they need to become productive members of society following their release.
Are you saying black Americans are stupid?

Yeah, if Democrats are so bad, why can't Republicans attract black Americans?

Lets see if you can answer this without being overtly racist.

Are you saying black Americans are stupid?

No, but black Americans are the only monolithic voting block in the country. Maybe they should consider an alternative?

No, but black Americans are the only monolithic voting block in the country. Maybe they should consider an alternative?
And what is that?

Yeah, if Democrats are so bad, why can't Republicans attract black Americans?

Lets see if you can answer this without being overtly racist.

Because the media and the Left in this country have fed blacks a narrative that they are victims and have nurtured that narrative by telling them, for decades mind you, that the reason they are victimized is Republicans. It is hard to make headway with a group when the start of the conversation is "you're a racist so you need to apologize and then give me everything I want."

The Left treats blacks like children and the media does nothing to stop them.

Because the media and the Left in this country have fed blacks a narrative that they are victims and have nurtured that narrative by telling them, for decades mind you, that the reason they are victimized is Republicans. It is hard to make headway with a group when the start of the conversation is "you're a racist so you need to apologize and then give me everything I want."

The Left treats blacks like children and the media does nothing to stop them.
I see.....

You are smart and figured this out but black Americans are too stupid to figure it out?

Everytime

Maybe there should be an alternative.

There is an alternative. There has been for decades. The Left separates us into subgroups to divide us. As an American of Hispanic descent, I have seen it firsthand. I have not experienced overt, systemic racism from the Right. I have been attacked and vilified as some sort of turncoat by leftists more times than I can count.

I see.....

You are smart and figured this out but black Americans are too stupid to figure it out?

Everytime

You're injecting intelligence or that lack thereof into this, not me. It is an example of the soft racism of low expectations. It is supremely difficult to counteract empty platitudes and impossible to prove a negative.

[/QUOTE]
You're injecting intelligence or that lack thereof into this, not me. It is an example of the soft racism of low expectations. It is supremely difficult to counteract empty platitudes and impossible to prove a negative.
Last chance.

Why is it you can see this but black Americans can not?

Are you just smarter than them?

There is an alternative. There has been for decades. The Left separates us into subgroups to divide us. As an American of Hispanic descent, I have seen it firsthand. I have not experienced overt, systemic racism from the Right. I have been attacked and vilified as some sort of turncoat by leftists more times than I can count.

Blacks actually used to support the Republican party, monolithically. Why did they stop? Perhaps you should look to what the Republicans are offering as an alternative these days.

When are patriotic Americans going to stop tearing this country apart at the behest of their crazed cult leader?

BTW: Try not to lay out anymore 5000-character OP's. smdh

They are NOT the only monolithic bloc. Trump says the Jews are turncoats. They are DISLOYAL to AMERICA, for preferring Dems.

Blacks actually used to support the Republican party, monolithically. Why did they stop? Perhaps you should look to what the Republicans are offering as an alternative these days.

They stopped because Democrats began telling them they were victims, gave them free stuff, told them that everything that happens to them is someone else's fault, and then fed that story to them for 50 years. That is systemic. The question I always ask is why the cities that have been run blue for decades are hellscapes and the Left blames the Right. It is insane.

They are NOT the only monolithic bloc. Trump says the Jews are turncoats. They are DISLOYAL to AMERICA, for preferring Dems.
That is not what monolithic means. Jews do not vote blue at a 90% clip....

They stopped because Democrats began telling them they were victims, gave them free stuff, told them that everything that happens to them is someone else's fault, and then fed that story to them for 50 years. That is systemic. The question I always ask is why the cities that have been run blue for decades are hellscapes and the Left blames the Right. It is insane.
The real question....

Why is the right so weak and powerless in the big cities?

I've already outlined the reasons.

Those are your words, not mine.

That is not what monolithic means. Jews do not vote blue at a 90% clip....
So then, you are saying Trump is a racist bigot, for attacking Jews as a monolithic Dem voting bloc? And that Trump promotes antisemitism?

You refuse to answer a straight question

"Because Democrats began telling them they were victims, gave them free stuff, told them that everything that happens to them is someone else's fault, and then fed that story to them for 50 years."

"The Left separates us into subgroups to divide us. "

"It is supremely difficult to counteract empty platitudes and impossible to prove a negative. "

There are your answers

"Because Democrats began telling them they were victims, gave them free stuff, told them that everything that happens to them is someone else's fault, and then fed that story to them for 50 years."

"The Left separates us into subgroups to divide us. "

"It is supremely difficult to counteract empty platitudes and impossible to prove a negative. "

There are your answers
Why is it you figured out what is best for black Americans but they cant?

You claim you did it.

Do you have magical.powers?

Back
Top Bottom