• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When a country becomes a battlefield and what it means for Ukrainian women

TU Curmudgeon

B.A. (Sarc), LLb. (Lex Sarcasus), PhD (Sarc.)
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
From France 24

As war continues in Ukraine, in a special edition, we focus on its impact on women. With hundreds of thousands fleeing the conflict, it's also putting women and girls at heightened risk of violence. We talk to those who stayed behind including one of the country's first female combat soldiers as she prepares to defend Kyiv from Russia. We also speak to those from afar who are now watching in horror as their country transforms into a battlefield.

COMMENT:-

I'm not really sure which thread this should go into, but it has a very interesting 13 minute video (in English :sneaky:) that I thought would be of interest. So, if the mods think that it should be in a different category, would they please move it for me?

PS - One interesting "throwaway" in the video is that 85% of the adult Ukrainians have university degrees.​

Back
Top Bottom