• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What's Your Political Typology?

geekgrrl

Reaction score
The Pew Research Center for the People and the Press is a major independent, nonpartisan public opinion research organization. You can go follow this link http://people-press.org/reports/display.php3?ReportID=242 and see their explanation of their characterizations of the various political typologies which comprise American society. You can even fill out their typology questionnaire to find out which of their types you are. You can read the "About" page at their site to learn more about them and who funds them.

Once you find out, you can come back and take this poll and tell us what they said you were. (Don't make assumptions about yourself; there are gradations in their political typologies.)

The basic typologies, from right to left (go to the site to read the in-depth descriptions), are as follows:

• Enterprisers
• Social Conservatives
• Pro-Government Conservatives
• Upbeats
• Disaffecteds
• Conservative Democrats
• Disadvantaged Democrats
• Liberals

Do you agree with these typologies as described by the Pew Center? Why, or why not?

P.S. I followed Squawker's instructions on how to create a poll, but when I submitted the page, the page timed out and no form ever appeared asking me to create the poll -- apparently there's no second chance at this. Maybe your software's busted, guys? So, uh, sorry, everyone, guess you'll just have to tell us the old-fashioned way...

Last edited:
Mine came back "liberal". I was slightly surprised, expecting it to maybe say I am a "conservative democrat". But once I read the typology groups' profiles it did make sense.

KansasMeg said:
Mine came back "liberal". I was slightly surprised, expecting it to maybe say I am a "conservative democrat". But once I read the typology groups' profiles it did make sense.

I came back "liberal", too. Damn. My secret's out...

I scored as enterpriser myself, I'll let it stand as that.

I came back as an Enterpriser...mostly because of my economic stances...in other stances like social issues and foreign policy I don't fit in with the Enterpriser though...

Last edited:
Looks like I am an Enterpriser.

Fits me rather well actually.

No big surprise there...I'm a liberal...mostly for my environmental stance.

People think I'm crazy, but the one main reason I did not support the elder Bush for President was because of his complete lack of regard for the spotted owl...he favored logging over saving the spotted owl.

No one who thinks so little of wiping another species off the face of the earth will ever get my vote.

Unfortunately, his son is no better when it comes to protecting the environment...no big surprise there, either.

I took the test 3 times just to see if it would come out the same each time or if some of my answers changed because of my mood at the time. Once I took the test in the morning after work (I work 3rd shift) my type came out as disaffected. I took the test twice in the evening & both times came out as enterpriser. I actually see myself somewhere in between. Obviously my answers did change with my mood. Many times I didn't agree with either statement. Most of these statements are more complicated than just agree or disagree. Oh well, it was interesting though.

Arthur Fonzarelli said:
Most of these statements are more complicated than just agree or disagree. Oh well, it was interesting though.
I agree - there were a few that needed to be thrown out the window. The options were so broad that neither were the right 'fit'.

Well, I for one am very surprised. I know for damn sure I'm not a Liberal. I'm about as middle of the road as it comes. If anything, my views are more Libertarian as far as social and civil liberties views are concerned, but I remain independent.

Lets see;

I'm adamantly against gun control

I'm against abolishing the Electoral College

I'm pro-choice

I'm pro-gay rights

I support the Patriot Act

I support the military action in Iraq, although I was ambivalent at first.

I think marijuana should be legalized so we don't put people in prison which cost up wards of 45,000 a year per incarcerated inmate.

Hmmm, maybe I'll take it again some other time. I care for the environment, but maybe I was a little to Green friendly in my answers.

.... :confused:

Back
Top Bottom