• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What's your opinion on Ballots if Biden leads on November 3rd at Midnight?

What's your opinion on Ballots if Biden leads on 11/3

• I don't care stop counting he's the winner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care keep counting until every vote is counted based on current law

Votes: 19 95.0%
  • I don't care either way.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I'm a hypocrite and want both R's & D's to flip sides let the courts decide.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Will be at least Wednesday night until we know where most states will fall with the large number of ballots needing to be counted. May be Friday before we know for certain with a high degree of confidence.
It will be longer than that. Some states are accepting and counting ballots up to 9 days past election night.
So it will be a month or more. there is simply no need to tune into election night because very few if any of the
results are going to be final till at least a month after the election.

This rots. Each state has its own laws for deadlines and counting votes, and if in their estimation, they are going to need more time to process all the mail-in ballots, that should be the state's call. Why should either political party not want their votes counted? I'm just remembering a thread a few days ago where in one state more registered Republicans' mail-in ballots had been received than Democrats'. The RNC's argument is that last minute changes cause confusion, they should leave existing laws as they were. But the things they're fighting, such as how many days the state has to count votes and how many ballot drop boxes there can be, don't create confusion for anyone.

So the issue is states are unconstitutionally changing the dates or their courts are unconstitutionally changing dates.
You are correct the state law should be the default to what is counted or not counted. The issue is that there have been
last minute changes that have been done unconstitutionally.

IE the board of elections of the state change the date they can't do that without legislature approval in a bill. Now if they were granted this
power in a previous law that is fine, but if not they are unconstitutionally changing a law they do not have power to change.

that is where all of this ruckus is coming from.

I don't care who wins and how long they count because this election isn't about me.

Who ever wins better start thinking ahead for our younger people. Both parties are leaving a pile of :poop: for the next 3-4 generations to clean up.

It will be longer than that. Some states are accepting and counting ballots up to 9 days past election night.
So it will be a month or more. there is simply no need to tune into election night because very few if any of the
results are going to be final till at least a month after the election.

It will take a long term to certify the election but I doubt that many will be so close you have to wait until the certification to know who won them.

It will take a long term to certify the election but I doubt that many will be so close you have to wait until the certification to know who won them.
sure there will be. it depends on the state. states like NY and CA are just going to biden.
those people are too stupid to know any better.

the rest of the states are kind of a toss up. i think this election is going to be closer than people think
and all of those votes flooding in that are allowed to be counted after the polls close are going to be of high interest
they are also going to delay the results in some important places like PA, NC, etc ...

sure there will be. it depends on the state. states like NY and CA are just going to biden.
those people are too stupid to know any better.

the rest of the states are kind of a toss up. i think this election is going to be closer than people think
and all of those votes flooding in that are allowed to be counted after the polls close are going to be of high interest
they are also going to delay the results in some important places like PA, NC, etc ...

My state uses scantrons, so President-Elect Hawkins will be on the board early.

My state uses scantrons, so President-Elect Hawkins will be on the board early.
does does mine. however they are not scanning anything till election day and the polls open.

Of course I'm talking about electoral college.
Are you a hypocrite and want Republicans to stop all the current lawsuits or do you want them to continue so the election ends on Novemver 3rd or would you want every vote to count?
Personally I think all the current rules that states put in place should go forward and all votes be counted. Enough with the lawsuits.
The election should end on Election day. It's ridiculous to have an election month.

I don't care who wins and how long they count because this election isn't about me.

Who ever wins better start thinking ahead for our younger people. Both parties are leaving a pile of :poop: for the next 3-4 generations to clean up.

Too late to do anything about that. The only question is how much longer will China and the world take worthless USA IOUs? The end of the story for the USA is already known. Another region of the world that had it's moment to be the greatest empire on earth that threw it all away. The American Empire was notably short in the history of empires. Of course, progressively furiously want the American Empire destroyed because being a rich and powerful empire is EVIL to them. Other countries should be the rich and powerful empires - specifically China - to most progressive Democrats and that is what Biden promises to deliver.

This election is not between Trump and Biden. It is between the American middle class (Trump) and the international consortium of mega billionaire partners in Chinese child slave labor factories (Biden).

The election should end on Election day. It's ridiculous to have an election month.
If that is your thought how do you a count let's say 9million votes if state law prohibits you from starting anything until the polls close that day. How long should any states count be allowed to take. If a machine breaks in the middle of a count and the deadline passes should the ballots not counted just be tossed.

Should military votes delivered after the polls close be counted?

Of course I'm talking about electoral college.
Are you a hypocrite and want Republicans to stop all the current lawsuits or do you want them to continue so the election ends on Novemver 3rd or would you want every vote to count?
Personally I think all the current rules that states put in place should go forward and all votes be counted. Enough with the lawsuits.

All ballots should be counted no matter how long it takes.

Should military votes delivered after the polls close be counted?

Military votes are absentee ballots, subject to the same rules as they vary from state to state.

If military and overseas ballots are given an extra week then so should those cast on American soil.

This rots. Each state has its own laws for deadlines and counting votes, and if in their estimation, they are going to need more time to process all the mail-in ballots, that should be the state's call. Why should either political party not want their votes counted? I'm just remembering a thread a few days ago where in one state more registered Republicans' mail-in ballots had been received than Democrats'. The RNC's argument is that last minute changes cause confusion, they should leave existing laws as they were. But the things they're fighting, such as how many days the state has to count votes and how many ballot drop boxes there can be, don't create confusion for anyone.

Everything conservative anti Americans are doing centers around anyway possible to commit voter suppression which centers around massive misinformation to confuse voters to the point they may decide not to vote .......
lies lies lies and massive misinformation = the conservative political platform.

This. I can't believe any American would say otherwise; then again, I can't believe what I'm seeing/hearing from Americans every damned day. Disappointing, depressing, despairing; I'm heartbroken over what has/is happening to the country I have loved all my life, and now barely recognize. :cry:
At the risk of being a broken record (ha ha, that boat has totally sailed) passing and keeping HR1 will end this bullshit once and for all.

The country you love has had ballot deadlines for decades. Now, you have a problem with it? Why would you want ballots to be counted indefinitely?

They need more time to miraculously discover misplaced boxes of ballots.

I say anything arriving after Nov.3 should not be counted. Period.
Nov. 3 is Election Day. Go vote in person if you're too stupid and lazy to follow simple directions and mail them in time to arrive by 8:00 PM Tuesday.

If that is your thought how do you a count let's say 9million votes if state law prohibits you from starting anything until the polls close that day. How long should any states count be allowed to take. If a machine breaks in the middle of a count and the deadline passes should the ballots not counted just be tossed.
Laws were already in place. We should follow the laws that were already in place 10 years ago. Democrats want to change the laws to allow a month of election, going past election day. We have election day for a reason, not election month.

They need more time to miraculously discover misplaced boxes of ballots.

It goes to show that they aren't quite as confident that Biden is going to win.

Laws were already in place. We should follow the laws that were already in place 10 years ago. Democrats want to change the laws to allow a month of election, going past election day. We have election day for a reason, not election month.
And sometimes things happen where the law needs to be amended quickly. Isn't that why we have executive orders and states of emergency that suspends things?
This year has shown us the unexpected can disrupt your life. Shouldn't we be able to adapt to those changes quickly?
Sad part about the Minnesota ruling is it came so late that all the people that mailed there ballots last week were depending on that 3 day rule. As of yesterday those ballots are shredder fodder.

And sometimes things happen where the law needs to be amended quickly. Isn't that why we have executive orders and states of emergency that suspends things?
This year has shown us the unexpected can disrupt your life. Shouldn't we be able to adapt to those changes quickly?
Sad part about the Minnesota ruling is it came so late that all the people that mailed there ballots last week were depending on that 3 day rule. As of yesterday those ballots are shredder fodder.

Laws can't be changed, nor created via executive caveat. The United States isn't a dictatorship.

The people who sent their ballots in too late to be counted only have themselves to blame. Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

Better yet, the state government should have followed The Constitution and put out PSA's letting people know exactly what the deadline is and that if they miss the deadline, their votes won't count.

Laws can't be changed, nor created via executive caveat. The United States isn't a dictatorship.

The people who sent their ballots in too late to be counted only have themselves to blame. Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

Better yet, the state government should have followed The Constitution and put out PSA's letting people know exactly what the deadline is and that if they miss the deadline, their votes won't count.
The state government did put out PSA's all over saying there were 3 extra days if you mailed your ballot.
People were doing what the state told them to do mail your ballot and don't worry that the mail is slow you have 3 extra days for it to get to us.
No laws can't be changed but we have things that allow for suspension or extensions on deadlines when there is provable obstacles. A 45% on time mail delivery rate that used to be 90% rate is one of those things.

The state government did put out PSA's all over saying there were 3 extra days if you mailed your ballot.
People were doing what the state told them to do mail your ballot and don't worry that the mail is slow you have 3 extra days for it to get to us.
No laws can't be changed but we have things that allow for suspension or extensions on deadlines when there is provable obstacles. A 45% on time mail delivery rate that used to be 90% rate is one of those things.

And they were wrong for doing so. Again, they should have followed the law and The Constitution. The Constitution days the states' legislature can change voting regulations. If it was that big a deal, the legislature should have held an emergency session. Maybe the executive branches of the states will learn a lesson from this and the Wisconsin decision: the executive branch can't do whatever the hell it wants.

A 45% on time mail delivery rate that used to be 90% rate is one of those things.

Starting mail in voting six months prior to an election was a stupid idea.

And they were wrong for doing so. Again, they should have followed the law and The Constitution. The Constitution days the states' legislature can change voting regulations. If it was that big a deal, the legislature should have held an emergency session. Maybe the executive branches of the states will learn a lesson from this and the Wisconsin decision: the executive branch can't do whatever the hell it wants.

Starting mail in voting six months prior to an election was a stupid idea.
I'll remember that for the next time a hurricane hits. Nope you can't do that emergency order thing and decide anything because the legislature needs to hold an emergency session.
If mail in started 6 months before the election which was when primaries were still going on, yeah that would be stupid.

Back
Top Bottom