• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What's your opinion on Ballots if Biden leads on November 3rd at Midnight?

What's your opinion on Ballots if Biden leads on 11/3

• I don't care stop counting he's the winner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care keep counting until every vote is counted based on current law

Votes: 19 95.0%
  • I don't care either way.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I'm a hypocrite and want both R's & D's to flip sides let the courts decide.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Middle_Ground

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Of course I'm talking about electoral college.
Are you a hypocrite and want Republicans to stop all the current lawsuits or do you want them to continue so the election ends on Novemver 3rd or would you want every vote to count?
Personally I think all the current rules that states put in place should go forward and all votes be counted. Enough with the lawsuits.

Are you a hypocrite and want Republicans to stop all the current lawsuits or do you want them to continue so the election ends on Novemver 3rd or would you want every vote to count?
Personally I think all the current rules that states put in place should go forward and all votes be counted. Enough with the lawsuits.
Well, that was easy. Now asked the other question....

I agree. Anything else would challenge the legitimacy of the election, and that’s the last thing we need. There will certainly be challenges, so those need to play out in the courts so we have a decision we can accept.

Will be at least Wednesday night until we know where most states will fall with the large number of ballots needing to be counted. May be Friday before we know for certain with a high degree of confidence.

If there is enough evidence to have a law suit heard in court then it goes to court, but that is just for issues regarding counting votes, not the process (that ship has sailed at this point). It should just be relegated to ensuring the validity of the votes. But it should be wrapped up as quick as possible. We can't delay the process too much. That would degrade the entire system.

Count all the votes. Anything less would actually be a crime. Regardless of who is ahead at the end of the day, count the votes.

This. I can't believe any American would say otherwise; then again, I can't believe what I'm seeing/hearing from Americans every damned day. Disappointing, depressing, despairing; I'm heartbroken over what has/is happening to the country I have loved all my life, and now barely recognize. :cry:

Count all the votes. Anything less would actually be a crime. Regardless of who is ahead at the end of the day, count the votes.

Count all the votes that are legitimately cast by the deadline. Anything else doesn't get counted.

Exactly, of course all the votes should be counted regardless of who is ahead.

This. I can't believe any American would say otherwise; then again, I can't believe what I'm seeing/hearing from Americans every damned day. Disappointing, depressing, despairing; I'm heartbroken over what has/is happening to the country I have loved all my life, and now barely recognize. :cry:

It is sickening, the only thing that is good I believe is that these "Americans" are in the minority. They are likely more vocal and empowered now under the bloated traitor in the white house. This whole shit show of a presidency is an eye-opener, that's for sure. I can't believe I'd ever see this in our country, it is disturbing to say the least.

Old’n’chill .... it seems like you are trying to convince yourself that the American people are against President Trump.

Millions of Americans support President Trump.

I agree. Anything else would challenge the legitimacy of the election, and that’s the last thing we need. There will certainly be challenges, so those need to play out in the courts so we have a decision we can accept.
Not sure what you agree with I want the lawsuits to end. You say continue in court.

I'm with you on this. I'm just trying to figure out how hypocritical some are. Some say if Trump is ahead on election night it's over he gets sworn in while others say count all the votes no matter how long it takes. Now we have a poll saying 10 people all agree count every vote. There is some cognitive dissonance working here.
No one knows who is going to be ahead on election night.

Not sure what you agree with I want the lawsuits to end. You say continue in court.
Do you think the election can be considered legitimate if ballots are cast or counted that violate state law? To me, all the legal votes count. If I misunderstood your position, my apologies.

If Biden is winning at midnight on November 3rd, then the votes must continue to be counted. Every vote counts!

If Trump is winning at midnight on November 3rd, well then no other ballots can be counted. Biden had his "chance" and he just couldn't get the job done in time. Extending the vote longer would just cause too much "confusion".

Repug logic.

The country you love has had ballot deadlines for decades. Now, you have a problem with it? Why would you want ballots to be counted indefinitely?

Count them all regardless .......... take whatever time is necessary to complete the task.

Count them all regardless .......... take whatever time is necessary to complete the task.

This is important enough to warrant whatever time is necessary .........

Very easy question, no matter who leads, count every vote.

Two things to remember:
1) Its a pandemic. Its not a war being fought off our shores (though even then we managed to count military personnel regardless of how late their ballots arrived as long as they were POST MARKED in time. Plus we now have evidence of the slowing mails. The data has already come in. Nice job Dejoy you asshole.
2) Hanging chads??????? Likely the only people that remember punch cards at all are people that remember Florida 2000. I do wish everybody had paper back up but hanging chads and people looking at ballots with magnifying glasses are the last thing we have to worry about this year. Foreign hackers gaining access to systems are more a threat this year than hanging chads or anything like hanging chads.

Besides wishing every state had paper back up, I do also wish the states were counting early in person and mail in ballots as they arrived and dumped them right after the polls in their states closed.

This rots. Each state has its own laws for deadlines and counting votes, and if in their estimation, they are going to need more time to process all the mail-in ballots, that should be the state's call. Why should either political party not want their votes counted? I'm just remembering a thread a few days ago where in one state more registered Republicans' mail-in ballots had been received than Democrats'. The RNC's argument is that last minute changes cause confusion, they should leave existing laws as they were. But the things they're fighting, such as how many days the state has to count votes and how many ballot drop boxes there can be, don't create confusion for anyone.

Back
Top Bottom