• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What's your news outlet?

Which of these news channel do you watch the most?

• MSNBC

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • FOX News

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • BBC

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • HLN

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CNN

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters

mac

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Which cable news channel do you watch most?

I’m still looking for the, ‘none of the above’ selection. :doh

You should have allowed multiple choice. I watch all of these except BBC (don't get it with our cable plan), but I mainly get my news online.

You should have allowed multiple choice. I watch all of these except BBC (don't get it with our cable plan), but I mainly get my news online.

ok, well, which do you watch most?

ok, well, which do you watch most?

CNN I guess... I flip between Fox News and CNN to see what they are talking about.

But if one of those "fair and balanced" opinion talk shows on Fox News are on, I'll pass.

MSNBC has barely any news segments, so I only sometimes catch it.

Probably MSNBC in that I am addicted to Hardball, but I will watch them all. Best news show by far is PBS's Lehrer News Hour though. Talking head analysts who sit and calmly discuss issues and have a polite back and forth is so wonderful.

There should really be a 'none of the above' option, since I don't watch any of those, ever. The only TV news I watch is the local NBC affiliate for 10 minutes while I'm getting dressed in the morning to get the traffic and weather forecast.

I mostly watch local but I watch Fox & Friends in the early morning. I'm up early every day. I catch O'Reilly a lot. He's fair and balanced.

I watch Fox News the most but that's because I like Red Eye and Glenn Beck. A late night talk show and talk radio with a chalkboard. So yes, I watch Fox News the most and I would also watch Fox News the most if it had South Park reruns. Fox News also has more babes and more interesting guest commentators. See what I'm trying to say here? If we're talking just news, I don't watch any of them. I like my news in text form because I get to be more selective with my reading. News as a stream is very annoying because it doesn't allow me to be selective at all. It is because I can rely on fox for eye candy and entertainment that I choose Fox as my source for news commentary. MSNBC, CNN and Fox all have similar formulas for cable news. Fox just does it best. Even HLN has primetime commentary shows. BBC is probably the least guilty of this but BBC can afford to be less guilty as NPR does.

CSPAN isn't on there.

Yeah - I waste little time watching ding dongs debate Britney Spears and General Petraeus in the same breath. :shrug:

CSPAN isn't on there.

Yeah - I waste little time watching ding dongs debate Britney Spears and General Petraeus in the same breath. :shrug:

L O L, good point!!

I watch Fox News the most but that's because I like Red Eye and Glenn Beck. A late night talk show and talk radio with a chalkboard. So yes, I watch Fox News the most and I would also watch Fox News the most if it had South Park reruns. Fox News also has more babes and more interesting guest commentators. See what I'm trying to say here? If we're talking just news, I don't watch any of them. I like my news in text form because I get to be more selective with my reading. News as a stream is very annoying because it doesn't allow me to be selective at all. It is because I can rely on fox for eye candy and entertainment that I choose Fox as my source for news commentary. MSNBC, CNN and Fox all have similar formulas for cable news. Fox just does it best. Even HLN has primetime commentary shows. BBC is probably the least guilty of this but BBC can afford to be less guilty as NPR does.

I wonder how many Americans know that BBC is funded with taxes rather than advertising. If you own a TV in the UK you pay a TV tax to support the BBC.

There needs to be an "other" or "none of the above" option. I get some of my news from Fox, and then I read MSNBS to balance the info out. I like the Jerusalem post for world and Israeli issues and sometimes I also look a Ynet news. I also get some of my information from links that users post here. There are other outlets I like to get my info from as well, but none of the above I would describe as "my" news outlet.

uhh... I was about to say.. who would brag about watching fox news..?

uhh... I was about to say.. who would brag about watching fox news..?

Well, considering that on an average day it gets as many viewers as all others (in the US) combined, I'm sure many would be fine with saying that.

Well, considering that on an average day it gets as many viewers as all others (in the US) combined, I'm sure many would be fine with saying that.

Yeah but still.......

I watch MSNBC for the commentary; they don't have much regular "news" -- if something is breaking, I turn to CNN. So I voted MSNBC since I watch them more I guess.

Yeah, well, more people eat at McDonald's too, but that doesn't mean it therefore has the best food in America.

I never could understand how they can really claim to know how many people watch ___ channel.

How are ratings calculated?

Fox News - mainly Glenn Beck, Red Eye, Fox & Friends, sometimes O'Reilly - never Hannity. Sometimes I switch over to MSNBC to see if anyone gets a thrill up there leg, vibrates off their seat or creates sensational lies. I very rarely watch CNN. BORing.

Absolutely none of the above, I wouldn't be caught dead watching any of them because all of them are biased. There was a time years back when I was a CNN junkie, but today... I couldn't tell you the last time I flipped it on. It's been years.

Watch more CNN than others, and really like Shepard Smith on Fox in the evenings.

Will not watch MSNBC, or the more biased people on Fox, like Beck, Hannity, that morning group, etc. Can't stand Bill O'Riley because of that annoying sing-song voice and his oversimplifications on just about any subject. On CNN, can't stand Rick Sanchez because he's a motor mouth.

Like PBS a lot for one of my news sources.

Back
Top Bottom