• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What's your guilty pleasure?

Getting stoned and watching YouTube nighttime talk show comedy clips and local news bloopers.

I like to get stoned and watch McBallen or those other nighttime scary mother****ers on Youtube. They scare me to sleep, and then I don't understand why I wake up in a cold sweat, after having a nightmare. :LOL:

Well, the sage wisdom of Dave Grohl said that we should have no guilty pleasures. We should own what we love. **** errbody else if they don't like it. They don't have to like it.

My favorite pastime is playing music and smoking the cheeba.
I love Dave Grohl...
No, I really do love that guy, real bromance!
I lurve that guy...he's down to earth.

Concerts. Classic rock concerts. We try to go to one good concert per month. Rolling Stones was November. Reo Speedwagon was October. september was Dark side of the moon, a Floyd tribute band. Aug was Brit Floyd. And saw REO in Fort Wayne. July saw Chicago got $300.00 tix for $50. Before that was kind of dead from covid.
we got tix for Elton in February. Toto in March. Elton again in July. did see Mannheim Steamroller last Saturday.
come summertime will ramp it up a bit as we like outdoor venues

and snowmobiling.
and we enjoy the shooting sports though not a Hunter.
and women in yoga pants

Gaming, be it PC gaming or tabletop gaming. I enjoy it all. It is a guilty pleasure (or at least PC gaming is) because sometimes I spend a little too much time doing so. 😅

making whiskey

Gaming, be it PC gaming or tabletop gaming. I enjoy it all. It is a guilty pleasure (or at least PC gaming is) because sometimes I spend a little too much time doing so. 😅

years ago knew I was spending too much time w/ the play station and a racing game (which I could play for hours trying to beat my own record) when I looked at my hands and finders and noticed it had the indentation of the tightly held controller

so after noticing that unplugged the playstation and basically gave it away

fast forward to the covid lockdown and picked up a flight simulation specifically xplane (which can be setup as an approved FAA training device because it is able to simulate flight and the real world pretty accurately)

www.x-plane.com/pro/certified/

my guilty pleasure is trying to take something that it is able to simulate flight and the real world pretty accurately AND play game out unrealistic flight scenarios

for example,...

so far have not tired of simulating unrealistic flight(s)

Last edited:
Mine is watching my grandchildren play their sports.
I don't care what it takes, I don't miss a game if I can help it. Via streaming or in person, away games included.

Grandma is their biggest fan.

But: Ariana Grande
She's got some sort of secret mojo working, she's a force of nature.
I have to agree wholeheartedly.
I'm 70 and I've seen so many "artists" come and go, some wonderful and talented, some just lucky enough to do the right thing at the right time and gain notoriety for it.

But this young lady seems to be the total package. She's talented, she carries herself with grace and is well spoken.
Very few artists come along with everything needed to succeed. But there is no doubt in my mind that she will be remembered as one of the greats.
In my mind there are few singers with voices that are more than voices, they are truly instruments.
The music industry needs more sincere artists like her to educate and inspire and create beautiful moments instead of flash in the pan craze that so dominates most entertainment industries.

I have a few old films i enjoy watching on the occasional down moment. It's like visiting an old friend, who knows when it's time to leave.

He was so unbelievably handsome.
When Raymond Burr first auditioned for the show "Perry Mason" he didn't audition for the part of Mason. He auditioned for the DA Hamilton Burger.

Other than polly-ticks, do you have a secret "thing", a guilty pleasure, a pastime, an obsession, a refuge, a groove, a comfort zone, an escape, a hobby, an alter ego?
Have we done this one before??

If no, my work is done here. No, not really but fan-farking-tastic, I hope we get some good ones.
If yes, how recently?
Eating raisin toast with peanut butter, raisin bran cereal, and watching old Sherlock Holmes films. (1939-1946)

Big cup of coffee with french vanilla creamer first thing in the morning!
Then check out what is going on at the bird feeders. 😎

Big cup of coffee with french vanilla creamer first thing in the morning!
Then check out what is going on at the bird feeders. 😎
My cats do this first thing after breakfast when I raise the shades on the living room picture window; multiple bird feeders and hummingbird nectar feeders.

Watching Abba/Lady Gaga mashups.

Taking pictures of special people who like their picture taken.
CocosCrotchRocket500x.jpg

The guilty pleasures which I am willing to publicly admit to are listening to the music of The Go-Go"s, watching Ren and Stimpy cartoons and painting non-historical miniatures. These are my admitted guilty pleasures. Painting historical miniatures is my not-so guilty pleasure.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

The guilty pleasures which I am willing to publicly admit to are listening to the music of The Go-Go"s, watching Ren and Stimpy cartoons and painting non-historical miniatures. These are my admitted guilty pleasures. Painting historical miniatures is my not-so guilty pleasure.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Are the non historical miniatures Warhammer related

Are the non historical miniatures Warhammer related
Lord Tammerlain:

No they are minis for a pair of fantasy role playing games. Some are D&D minis which I buy, paint and donate to a local organisation which runs D&D games for kids. The others are for a game called RuneQuest which I used to play but now I just paint and collect minis for it.

However I do paint historical minis for table-top wargaming. I have minis for armies from Ur and Akkad up to modern military conflicts. Presently I am painting Babylonian bowmen and Scythian footmen c. 700 BCE and Early Neo-Assyrians c. 1300 BCE plus Soviet WWII cavalry (not Cossacks) and British and French WWII early war infantry and vehicles.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

The cheap Queen Anne chocolate covered cherries at the holidays!
Heinz Ketchup on Ruffles have Ridges Potato Chips,

I watch "S.W.A.T." just to admire my Adonis. It's about art.

Concerts: we attend quite a few rock concerts per year.
Snowmobiling. It’s Novermebrr and I just can’t wait for the snow to start falling
Fly fishing, trout.
Shooting sports. Relaxing and stress reliever
We try to go on a cruise once per year
We have a 2nd home in northern Michigan that takes up allot of our time.

Back
Top Bottom