• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What's your go-to Take-out Chinese food ?

One order cat-on-stick. :)

My go to for Chinese is diced chicken with cashews. I normally ask them to toss some hot red peppers into it for good measure.

Our local market believe it or not actually makes passably good sushi and rolls. Not top shelf by any stretch but well worth the money.

People here (at work) nuke that Chinese crap at lunch. It stinks up the whole place. Makes anchovies smell like spring flowers.

People here (at work) nuke that Chinese crap at lunch. It stinks up the whole place. Makes anchovies smell like spring flowers.

I love anchovies. Lots of authentic Italian dishes start with anchovies. Been eating the little buggers my entire life.

My cousin's go to place for Chinese is a 60s throwback place in West Sayville (NY). All the traditional 60s style over sauced "Chinese" dishes, very well prepared, served by guys in red and black plaid jackets and bow ties. We meet for dinner there on a Saturday night once every couple of months. Used to be only the 4 of us - we two and our wives - but now a typical dinner has between 4 and 8 couples. Seems lots of people are nostalgic for that bad old Chinese food.

Well fortunately we don't eat rats or dogs here in the USA.

The health dept. and the Humane Society would throw a fit.

There's nothing inherently dirty about rats - or at least nothing making them inherently more dirty than cows or pigs. Same deal with dogs. We culturally don't find it acceptable but what really makes dog meat and different from cow?

(And no I would not eat my dog - despite routinely telling him that dinner's probably all he's useful for - I have the privilege of owning the singularly most inept dog in all of history)

I love anchovies. Lots of authentic Italian dishes start with anchovies. Been eating the little buggers my entire life.

My cousin's go to place for Chinese is a 60s throwback place in West Sayville (NY). All the traditional 60s style over sauced "Chinese" dishes, very well prepared, served by guys in red and black plaid jackets and bow ties. We meet for dinner there on a Saturday night once every couple of months. Used to be only the 4 of us - we two and our wives - but now a typical dinner has between 4 and 8 couples. Seems lots of people are nostalgic for that bad old Chinese food.

I don't mind them on a pizza.

There's nothing inherently dirty about rats - or at least nothing making them inherently more dirty than cows or pigs. Same deal with dogs. We culturally don't find it acceptable but what really makes dog meat and different from cow?

(And no I would not eat my dog - despite routinely telling him that dinner's probably all he's useful for - I have the privilege of owning the singularly most inept dog in all of history)

Not sure what you mean by "inherently" but rats high reproductive rate, small size, and non-domestication requires them to live in close proximity to densely populated humans. Domesticated larger animals with a lower reproductive rate require low density human populations. Add in their lack of any benefit to humankind and the end result is that rats live in sewers, piles of garbage, and other dirty places humans find difficult or extremely unpleasant to go.

ginger soy chicken

Not sure what you mean by "inherently" but rats high reproductive rate, small size, and non-domestication requires them to live in close proximity to densely populated humans. Domesticated larger animals with a lower reproductive rate require low density human populations. Add in their lack of any benefit to humankind and the end result is that rats live in sewers, piles of garbage, and other dirty places humans find difficult or extremely unpleasant to go.

Rats come from rivers.

Mice come from fields.

They both learned to camp out next to humans early on during the Neolithic agricultural revolution in order to steal grain.

So did cats -- to kill and eat them.

Short haired cats come from Egypt.

Long haired cats come from Asia Minor.

Love my kitty !!

His body count is up to 2 big rats, 2 field mice, 12+ squirrels, 12+ sparrows, and 1 big crow.

He brings them all home.

One of the rats got away inside the house.

It took me 2 days to hunt it down with my skin diving spear and kill it.

A Chinese girl that I used to date would have considered it "a delicacy".

She said Americans are too finicky eaters!

Last edited:
I usually go Szechuan Beef.
I also love fried wontons with sweet and sour dippin sauce.
Chicken fried rice if stomach has been acting up.
General Tzo's chicken falls into a favorite category too.

How about you?

Some people like Szechuan like yourself, some like the sweet and sour Mandarin dishes.. myself I'm a Cantonese dish fan as the go to take out.
Moo Goo Gai Pan is my definite go to specific dish. Water chestnuts, pea pods, carrots, button mushrooms, bamboo shoots and chicken. sometimes some bok choi or cabbage in there.

th.jpg

Oh and as I vacation in the Philippines generally they have their take on Cantonese dishes. if you like the above try Pancit Canton

th3C8ERS4J.jpg

Last edited:

Agreed. My point is that not eating them is choice we've made but there is nothing inherent in rats that would preclude us from breeding them for food. We just choose not to.

Agreed. My point is that not eating them is choice we've made but there is nothing inherent in rats that would preclude us from breeding them for food. We just choose not to.

That is true. In other cultures, rodents are bred for food.

Szechuan Shrimp or Moo Shu Shrimp depending my mood...
Egg roll
Crab Rangoon
Singapore Chow Mei Fun
Almond cookies

I usually go Szechuan Beef.
I also love fried wontons with sweet and sour dippin sauce.
Chicken fried rice if stomach has been acting up.
General Tzo's chicken falls into a favorite category too.

How about you?

sweet and sour pork, second would be general tzo's chicken, and if I am at panda express orange chicken, because really that is the only thing worthy at panda, if you want something else go somewhere else.

Dog meat is very chewy and tough, I have been outside the us and have eaten numerous animals like cats dogs sheep goat pheasant opossum etc. People infact elsewhere even inside the us have different standards on what is the norm.

Chinese restaurants are famous for using cat as a cheap substitute, while in mexico you never know if you are eating dog or cow, well atleast the untrained eater does not. In mexico they have health standards for food, but corruption and lack of enforcement allows such things to happen, in asia and the middle east, if it edible eat it, excluding pigs for the middle east.

I once went to a Chinese restaurant that served a pretty good cheeseburger.

General tzo with vegetable lo mein.

At Panda express it has to be the walnut shrimp, which is amazing.

Teryoki or Bourbon Chicken
I like the pepper chicken or beef too but it is often times more celery than chicken/beef which is a bummer
Lo Mein
Chinese Donuts

Good thing I'm on my way to lunch soon.

Back
Top Bottom