• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What's wrong with this picture?

Torus34

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The United States of America's population is 4.2% of the total world population. 4.2%.

The United States of America has recorded 21.8% of the world's Covid-19 assigned deaths as of today, 9/5/2020.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

The United States of America's population is 4.2% of the total world population. 4.2%.

The United States of America has recorded 21.8% of the world's Covid-19 assigned deaths as of today, 9/5/2020.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.
Maybe the U.S. are better at reporting deaths. Other than that there are cultural differences. Americans will only tolerate so much of government interference in their lives. Other countries can and will enforce compliance. Freedom is not a concept that is a bedrock of their lives.

FEB 25
“You may ask about the coronavirus, which is very well under control in our country. We have very few people with it, and the people that have it are … getting better. They’re all getting better. … As far as what we’re doing with the new virus, I think that we’re doing a great job.”
— Donald Trump

Maybe the U.S. are better at reporting deaths. Other than that there are cultural differences. Americans will only tolerate so much of government interference in their lives. Other countries can and will enforce compliance. Freedom is not a concept that is a bedrock of their lives.

This is a pathetic attempt to excuse our abject failure. Compared to other developed countries, many of which did WAAYYY better at testing, we did far, far worse by every metric. Exposing yourself to a virus and killing hundreds of thousands of Americans had nothing to do with "freedom" and everything to do with the cultists being ignorant dumbasses. Most developed countries have been back to work for MONTHS, and enjoying the freedom of living in a society that has the virus under control.

Stop making excuses for our failures.

Other countries did much better than we have for one reason:

More of their adults, are adults.

Hi!

Thank you for taking time to respond.

It's interesting, in light of your comment, to note that the majority of the world's population lives in democracies.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

FEB 25
“You may ask about the coronavirus, which is very well under control in our country. We have very few people with it, and the people that have it are … getting better. They’re all getting better. … As far as what we’re doing with the new virus, I think that we’re doing a great job.”
— Donald Trump

Hi!

Thank you for taking time to comment.

How can this not be at TRump's feet?

Be honest you cultists, you man failed us here too.

This is a pathetic attempt to excuse our abject failure. Compared to other developed countries, many of which did WAAYYY better at testing, we did far, far worse by every metric. Exposing yourself to a virus and killing hundreds of thousands of Americans had nothing to do with "freedom" and everything to do with the cultists being ignorant dumbasses. Most developed countries have been back to work for MONTHS, and enjoying the freedom of living in a society that has the virus under control.

Stop making excuses for our failures.
I didn’t think I was making an excuse. Any reasonable person would see that I was only offering a possible explanation. If you trust other countries being honest (when it’s even debatable about the honesty of our own country being so) I guess there’s no point in a continuation of a discussion with you.

OMFG

but yes, Americans are super insecure about there freedoms. I think it's because everyone has a gun.

Hi!

Thank you for taking time to respond.

It's interesting, in light of your comment, to note that the majority of the world's population lives in democracies.

I’m not so sure about that. I wouldn’t call China, Russia, North Korea, etc. Democratic countries.

Thanks for the well wishes and good luck with this topic.

I didn’t think I was making an excuse. Any reasonable person would see that I was only offering a possible explanation. If you trust other countries being honest (when it’s even debatable about the honesty of our own country being so) I guess there’s no point in a continuation of a discussion with you.

Your entire argument is that "everyone else's numbers must be fake". Screw your fake indignation, you know damn well you're trying to excuse our failures. Ignorance, not freedom is why the virus is ****ing America over far harder than it is any other developed country.

I do know one thing. People like Rush Limbaugh who use their popularity to hawk some god-damn lies like "It's all a Hoax, people" Should be brought up on charges.

OMFG

but yes, Americans are super insecure about there freedoms. I think it's because everyone has a gun.
Someone forgot to send me the memo that I was suppose to have one.

What's wrong with this picture? See bolded.

I'm guessing you believe the numbers out of China.

Your entire argument is that "everyone else's numbers must be fake". Screw your fake indignation, you know damn well you're trying to excuse our failures. Ignorance, not freedom is why the virus is ****ing America over far harder than it is any other developed country.
Thank you for proving my point. Have a good day.

I’m not so sure about that. I wouldn’t call China, Russia, North Korea, etc. Democratic countries.

Thanks for the well wishes and good luck with this topic.

Hi!

You're free to do the research. Don't forget that India's a democracy. It is rather heavily populated.

Hi!

You're free to do the research. Don't forget that India's a democracy. It is rather heavily populated.

I already did. If you had said most countries, instead of population, I would have agreed with you.

I just proved that all the other developed countries in the world are faking their numbers and the US actually isn't doing so bad? Are you that pathetic and dishonest?

Hope I didn’t ruin your day.

Life or 'freedom' to be stupid and die? I choose common sense and life. EVERY advanced nation, especially in Europe, which has enforced mask wearing has seen their numbers of deaths and infections drop significantly. Why not the wealthiest and most self-described advanced nation on Earth? I'll explain; because you spend more time arrogantly whining about 'rights' ,'freedom' and your constitution being 'trampled' than doing something positive to protect both yourselves and those around you. So-called 'libertarians' are the worst offenders; they are told to wear a mask, a minor inconvenience, and act as though the government has turned rogue. Tyrrany!
Never mind though, at least you're Number One on the world for deaths and infections. 'Freedom' has guaranteed so much winning.

Last edited:
Another picture

Screen-Shot-2020-09-04-at-11.49.50-AM-1024x682.png

Campaign event for (R) Senate seat. No, the only guy with mask isn't the one running.

Back
Top Bottom