• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What's Wrong with Breast Feeding?

But Fauci told women to take the jab because science said too. Or she was fired. The science is also clear on breast feeding. It should be first consideration anyway without the already shortage.
You said the exact same thing to me on another thread, and it was just as stupid there.

No, it’s a fair statement
Only thing you have proved here is that you really don't know the subject well, it got pointed out to you, and you haven't figured that out...

I mentioned this in another thread. But felt it worthy of its own thread as I'm surprised at some of the views here on breast feeding.

The science is clear. Mom and baby obtain increased health benefits as a result of breast feeding.

Let's be real. Mom's having babies this very moment around the US are aware of the baby formula shortage. It would be horrible if they denied their breast to their infant, and instead hammer on Biden to do something about it.

So what's the big social hang up with breast feeding?
My babies were breastfed... it is healthy and natural. Who, specifically, has said that they are against breastfeeding?

I mentioned this in another thread. But felt it worthy of its own thread as I'm surprised at some of the views here on breast feeding.

The science is clear. Mom and baby obtain increased health benefits as a result of breast feeding.

Let's be real. Mom's having babies this very moment around the US are aware of the baby formula shortage. It would be horrible if they denied their breast to their infant, and instead hammer on Biden to do something about it.

There isn't a social hang up that I am aware of. Many women are breast feeding their children but it's not an option for all women.

I saw on the news that some women are pumping extra milk and offering it to mothers who need it. Mothers are doing what they can to help.

But Fauci told women to take the jab because science said too. Or she was fired. The science is also clear on breast feeding. It should be first consideration anyway without the already shortage.

Oh Jesus Christ. Just STFU about Fauci for one single thread. The dude lives rent-free in your head. :rolleyes:

Yeah, each child kind of loses interest on their own schedule, but that's just fine. In the beginning, it's sure painful but that's just temporary and after those initial weeks, it's just as easy, convenient, and natural as can be. And I think there are so many benefits for the baby!
Agreed again...the pain and any inconvenience is so worth the advantages for mom and baby...

There isn't a social hang up that I am aware of. Many women are breast feeding their children but it's not an option for all women.

I saw on the news that some women are pumping extra milk and offering it to mothers who need it. Mothers are doing what they can to help.
I agree with this but I'd like to add, besides sometimes not being an option, choice and dedication are super important too.
There are some women who might be perfectly capable of breastfeeding but get extremely discouraged at some of the potential and common initial challenges (the baby learning to latch on, the pain for the woman in the early weeks, low milk production, etc.). I do think it requires a big/dedicated commitment during those early hours, days, and weeks and unless a woman has firmly decided she's absolutely determined to make it work and get through those early hurdles, a VERY large number of women give up in those early days. I've certainly watched that play out.
When I had my children, there were nice nurses who would help women figure it out, if the woman really wanted to nurse. When my grandchildren were born, those nurses were a lot more invested in really hoping the women would choose to nurse their children. In the span of that generation, I think the value of breastmilk had become much more understood and "pushed" by those nurses assisting moms in the hours after birth. But it's rare when there aren't nursing obstacles and hurdles very early on (when emotions and hormones are already high). The "give up" rate in those early days is quite high.
I think that's unfortunate, being a woman who is such a strong supporter of breastfeeding. It makes me sad when a woman who really didn't give nursing much thought during her pregnancy or a woman who planned to nurse but it wasn't a huge priority to her - gives up so soon.
I would also guess (and have seen evidence that) what a young mother's own mother chose impacts what a daughter chooses. That got a little lost when my mother's generation had babies. My mother didn't nurse her children and many other mothers in the mid 1900s also didn't. But then hippies, earth mothers, natural foods and such became a thing with my generation - and breastfeeding made a bit of a comeback.

What is the basis for this thread? :unsure:

I'd expect some example of the issue.

I am not aware of any laws, rules, regulations, w/e prohibiting breast feeding...aside from perhaps some time/place rules in private establishments.

I agree with this but I'd like to add, besides sometimes not being an option, choice and dedication are super important too.
There are some women who might be perfectly capable of breastfeeding but get extremely discouraged at some of the potential and common initial challenges (the baby learning to latch on, the pain for the woman in the early weeks, low milk production, etc.). I do think it requires a big/dedicated commitment during those early hours, days, and weeks and unless a woman has firmly decided she's absolutely determined to make it work and get through those early hurdles, a VERY large number of women give up in those early days. I've certainly watched that play out.
When I had my children, there were nice nurses who would help women figure it out, if the woman really wanted to nurse. When my grandchildren were born, those nurses were a lot more invested in really hoping the women would choose to nurse their children. In the span of that generation, I think the value of breastmilk had become much more understood and "pushed" by those nurses assisting moms in the hours after birth. But it's rare when there aren't nursing obstacles and hurdles very early on (when emotions and hormones are already high). The "give up" rate in those early days is quite high.
I think that's unfortunate, being a woman who is such a strong supporter of breastfeeding. It makes me sad when a woman who really didn't give nursing much thought during her pregnancy or a woman who planned to nurse but it wasn't a huge priority to her - gives up so soon.
I would also guess (and have seen evidence that) what a young mother's own mother chose impacts what a daughter chooses. That got a little lost when my mother's generation had babies. My mother didn't nurse her children and many other mothers in the mid 1900s also didn't. But then hippies, earth mothers, natural foods and such became a thing with my generation - and breastfeeding made a bit of a comeback.
The medical community was flip flopping between bottle feeding and breast feeding for awhile as well. Which adds to the confusion of which to choose to do.

My wife chose to pump because of latching.problems. she said it was very painful. (Breastfeeding not pumping)

The medical community was flip flopping between bottle feeding and breast feeding for awhile as well. Which adds to the confusion of which to choose to do.

My wife chose to pump because of latching.problems. she said it was very painful. (Breastfeeding not pumping)
I also found breastfeeding to be VERY painful in the early weeks. Painful enough to sometimes bring tears of pain. But I had done a ton of reading about it and had learned that painful phase passed. It sure did.

Oh Jesus Christ. Just STFU about Fauci for one single thread. The dude lives rent-free in your head. :rolleyes:
He gets his stupid obsessions mixed up sometimes during his inane rants.

COMEDY GOLD

Good question.

The wife has always been an advocate for it.

When I was on deployment in the navy making E-3 pay, the wife got a lot of help from PP. Coaching, blankets etc.

After our daughter was born she volunteered for PP and drove around being a breastfeeding coach for new moms.

She still encourages all women to breastfeed for many of the very same points you bring up and has subsequently donated to PP for years.

Try attaching a breast pump on the tip of your tongue. :rolleyes:

What is the basis for this thread? :unsure:

I'd expect some example of the issue.

I am not aware of any laws, rules, regulations, w/e prohibiting breast feeding...aside from perhaps some time/place rules in private establishments.

The point I'm making is the Mom's whining for formula overwhelmingly can breast feed. They choose not to and dump the problem on Biden. Having a baby comes with responsibilities. Abortion is just one tool they use to avoid it.

Back
Top Bottom