• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What's Wrong with Breast Feeding?

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I mentioned this in another thread. But felt it worthy of its own thread as I'm surprised at some of the views here on breast feeding.

The science is clear. Mom and baby obtain increased health benefits as a result of breast feeding.

Let's be real. Mom's having babies this very moment around the US are aware of the baby formula shortage. It would be horrible if they denied their breast to their infant, and instead hammer on Biden to do something about it.

So what's the big social hang up with breast feeding?

Beats me...I breastfed my babies until they weaned themselves and was sad when it was over...I have no regrets...it's one of the best ways of mom and baby bonding imo...

Actually, I heard on the news that moms were pumping and donating their breast milk...some moms claim their babies are allergic to breast milk so that creates a dilemma...

Beats me...I breastfed my babies until they weaned themselves and was sad when it was over...I have no regrets...it's one of the best ways of mom and baby bonding imo...

Actually, I heard on the news that moms were pumping and donating their breast milk...some moms claim their babies are allergic to breast milk so that creates a dilemma...
Sick people are allergic.

My daughter in law sells hers on FB. Quite common I hear.

Not all women can nurse and not all babies are able to latch. Not all babies can tolerate cow's milk due to allergies or gastro-intestinal conditions. What a shame that men can't suckle their children.

I mentioned this in another thread. But felt it worthy of its own thread as I'm surprised at some of the views here on breast feeding.

The science is clear. Mom and baby obtain increased health benefits as a result of breast feeding.

Let's be real. Mom's having babies this very moment around the US are aware of the baby formula shortage. It would be horrible if they denied their breast to their infant, and instead hammer on Biden to do something about it.

It offends right-wing Christian sharia. Conservative arrested development makes them consider a breast to be a sex organ.

Obviously you are a man who doesn't know about this, so you generalize.

Some infants are allergic, heck, some are allergic to formula. I just listened to a report on the radio, there are only 4 companies that manufacture formula in the US. Some infants can only take one of the formula brands.

Not all women can nurse, not all infants can take mother's milk, not all infants can latch on.

Isn't it great that we live in an age where science has overcome these hurdles?

Try as you might, you are not going to be successful in trying to shame non breast feeding women in America. Seems like you have a lot of misunderstood issues on this, do you think that women that don't breast feed are some how just lazy "libtards"?

Hell, there are a lot of conservative talibornagains that get into a rage if a woman dares to breast feed in public. They can't win when they are fighting ignorance.

Gave birth to three children. Only one was able to nurse. Thank goodness for ProSobee. Breast or formula is whatever is best for an infant or mother.

Some women just don't like it. My wife and my daughter in law wanted no part of breastfeeding in spite of my encouragement.

Who has a problem with breastfeeding... besides the puritanical pearl-clutching social conservatives?

Ditto, ditto, ditto. I LOVED breastfeeding my babies! And I loved folding their clean cloth diapers. And I loved growing, and freezing, and making all their baby food.
I had to use part of one container of formula with my first - born a few weeks early - and developed jaundice. They felt my breast milk was contributing to the jaundice. So, for one week, no breast milk (I religiously pumped to make sure I could breastfeed when the jaundice calmed down). The second week, I was able to go 50/50 with breastfeeding and formula. Then, all clear and a glorious 9 months of nursing that one.
But, to address the OP, you have to start right away (day 1) and stick with it, or a mother's milk supply will diminish and end.

Not all women can nurse and not all babies are able to latch. Not all babies can tolerate cow's milk due to allergies or gastro-intestinal conditions. What a shame that men can't suckle their children.

Sorry, but I had to:

Ditto, ditto, ditto. I LOVED breastfeeding my babies! And I loved folding their clean cloth diapers. And I loved growing, and freezing, and making all their baby food.
I had to use part of one container of formula with my first - born a few weeks early - and developed jaundice. They felt my breast milk was contributing to the jaundice. So, for one week, no breast milk (I religiously pumped to make sure I could breastfeed when the jaundice calmed down). The second week, I was able to go 50/50 with breastfeeding and formula. Then, all clear and a glorious 9 months of nursing that one.
But, to address the OP, you have to start right away (day 1) and stick with it, or a mother's milk supply will diminish and end.
Me too! There's nothing like it in the whole, wide world imo...I would have breastfed longer but they began to lose interest around the age of one year...your experience speaks for "where there's a will, there's a way"...

A mother does what is best for her child. Not for her ego.

Me too! There's nothing like it in the whole, wide world imo...I would have breastfed longer but they began to lose interest around the age of one year...your experience speaks for "where there's a will, there's a way"...
Yeah, each child kind of loses interest on their own schedule, but that's just fine. In the beginning, it's sure painful but that's just temporary and after those initial weeks, it's just as easy, convenient, and natural as can be. And I think there are so many benefits for the baby!

And some women or babies can't. I's not up to you or any man.
But Fauci told women to take the jab because science said too. Or she was fired. The science is also clear on breast feeding. It should be first consideration anyway without the already shortage.

Yeah, each child kind of loses interest on their own schedule, but that's just fine. In the beginning, it's sure painful but that's just temporary and after those initial weeks, it's just as easy, convenient, and natural as can be. And I think there are so many benefits for the baby!
👍

Back
Top Bottom