• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What's wrong with alcohol

Is alcohol bad?

• Yes

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 70.4%

• Total voters
FinnMacCool said:
Alcohol is good for you. . .period.

Anyone who denies this is wrong.

Eh, I agree with you, but you're only 17:p

star2589 said:
"yes, I love whisky"?
yeah, I didn't know the word for whisky though. Actually, it is der Whisky. So, it'd be "Ja, ich liebe der Whisky."

Blind man said:
I'm always incredulous that this fallacy persists. The noble hunter, the protector of the wildlife. :rofl
Hey if you look into the fathers of conservation you'll find they were republican hunters.....that's all I'm saying. It was important for them to try to keep the land in balance so they'd have crap to hunt.

talloulou said:
Hey if you look into the fathers of conservation you'll find they were republican hunters.....that's all I'm saying. It was important for them to try to keep the land in balance so they'd have crap to hunt.

Did you read the entire post? or just the first line? i know the truth is not always pretty, but it doesn't stop it from being the truth.

Hávamál said:
A better burden can no man bear
on the way than his mother wit:
and no worse provision can he carry with him
than too deep a draught of ale.

Less good than they say for the sons of men
is the drinking oft of ale:
for the more they drink, the less can they think
and keep a watch o'er their wits.

The gods of my people are quite fond of alcoholic drinks themselves-- and the men of my faith make frequent offerings of alcohol to them-- but it's pretty clear that drinking too much of it is bad for you.

It can make you do unwise things.

I don't know, I have 2 D.U.I.'s, and have probably paid the ****ing courts thousands of dollars. I was still doing my job with a damn ankle bracelet on! I probably drove intoxicated hundreds of times before I got caught. I used to wake up, look out my window, and my car would be in the grass.:lol: But in retrospect, I'm glad I got caught, or else I'd still be a drunkard today, and could have killed someone or myself. In my alcoholic days, I would always drink till I couldn't walk, everyday. Now I only drink socially. But I wouldn't recommend a ban on alcohol, and raising the legal age won't help, I used to get served at certain bars when I was 17.

kal-el said:
I don't know, I have 2 D.U.I.'s, and have probably paid the ****ing courts thousands of dollars. I was still doing my job with a damn ankle bracelet on! I probably drove intoxicated hundreds of times before I got caught. I used to wake up, look out my window, and my car would be in the grass.:lol: But in retrospect, I'm glad I got caught, or else I'd still be a drunkard today, and could have killed someone or myself. In my alcoholic days, I would always drink till I couldn't walk, everyday. Now I only drink socially. But I wouldn't recommend a ban on alcohol, and raising the legal age won't help, I used to get served at certain bars when I was 17.

Hmm, perhaps I'm fortunate that alcoholism doesn't tend to run in my family. I have an uncle that apparently used to drink a lot, but now he only drinks o'doul's.

afr0byte said:
Hmm, perhaps I'm fortunate that alcoholism doesn't tend to run in my family. I have an uncle that apparently used to drink a lot, but now he only drinks o'doul's.

Actually, it really doesn't run in my family. I think it's mostly "peer pressure", or who you tend to associate with.

afr0byte said:

o'douls is vile. I dont understand the concept behind it - why bother? It doesnt taste good, its more expensive than water, and its not like it fools people.

RightatNYU said:
o'douls is vile. I dont understand the concept behind it - why bother? It doesnt taste good, its more expensive than water, and its not like it fools people.

Did you ever drink Camo Ice? That beer is nuts, you'll be biting the bark off of trees in no time.:lol:

What's everyone's poison? Mine is single malt whisky, neat.

My father is an alcoholic. He was abusive and drank my family into a debt so large my mother had to declare bankruptcy just recently. On Christmas Eve I was 11, I had to lock myself in the bathroom for hours until my mother and sister came home because I'd poured all the alcohol in the house down the sink (heh... I don't regret that). He used to pick me up from school drunk, but if I didn't get in his car he'd get angry - in front of all the other kids. Addiction f**king sucks for everyone.

That said, banning alcohol would be totally useless. In fact, I think it's insane that the drinking age is 21 in America - that only serves to increase the glamour of the "forbidden fruit" to teenagers, which causes all kinds of trouble in itself. Besides, it's pretty ridiculous that people between 18 and 21 can vote, marry, drive, smoke and die for their country, but they can't have a beer. :?

talloulou said:
Nothing is wrong with alcohol unless you're an alcoholic!:rofl But seriously some poorer neighborhoods are easily recognizable by the fact that there's a tavern on every corner.

Also alcoholism tends to run in families and if there is really some sort of genetic predisposition related to alcoholism that sucks for those people. Anotherwards if a bunch of teens are off drinking and partying most of them won't likely be too adversely affected however the one with the predisposition for alcohol may very well have begun their lifelong uphill battle. Scary!

This doesn't sound that bad. It keeps the drunks off the streets considering they can just walk or stumble home.

kal-el said:
Did you ever drink Camo Ice? That beer is nuts, you'll be biting the bark off of trees in no time.:lol:

Never heard of it, sounds...interesting. My personal fave for drinking in the subway is the 25 oz cans of Molsen XXX. Its 7.8% alcohol, so its like 3 beers in one. Delicious.

I'm currently brewing my own beer, I just got the kit today....:smile:

RightatNYU said:
Never heard of it, sounds...interesting. My personal fave for drinking in the subway is the 25 oz cans of Molsen XXX. Its 7.8% alcohol, so its like 3 beers in one. Delicious.

I'm currently brewing my own beer, I just got the kit today....:smile:

You should try a 25OZ bottle of Allagash Curieux, it's 11% alcohol.

afr0byte said:
You should try a 25OZ bottle of Allagash Curieux, it's 11% alcohol.

ugh. im queasy thinking of it. does it just taste like a can o' ***?

RightatNYU said:
ugh. im queasy thinking of it. does it just taste like a can o' ***?

Nah, it's $15/bottle, it tastes great. It gets extra aging in bourbon barrels.

afr0byte said:
Nah, it's $15/bottle, it tastes great. It gets extra aging in bourbon barrels.

damn, thats expense. molsen xxx is 3 bucks for a 25 oz:lol:

RightatNYU said:
damn, thats expense. molsen xxx is 3 bucks for a 25 oz:lol:

Indeed, it's a Maine (Portland I believe) microbrew. Unfortunately when I drank my first bottle I got a buzz kill because my computer crapped out on me that same night.

I think alcohol has some benefits i can only dance in public if im a little drunk it is kinda social lubricants.

however in my personnel research ive found alcohol is a major cause of having sex with ugly and fat women (no offence fat and ugly people).

to be honest some people are so stiff that they need something as a social release i know there maybe more healthy ways to do so but theres bars and clubs everywhere.

The real question i think is people always want to bash the things people do in large numbers.

dont smoke you will clog your lungs, dont drink you'll pickle your liver, dont have sex you'll catch some horrible disease,dont let your kids play computer games theyll proberly bludgen you with a hammer,dont drink coffee you'll become and insomniac , dont eat junk food your eating yourself into an early grave.

just shut up, excercise, sleep and go to work and eat your greens or you'll ****ing die.

afr0byte said:
Indeed, it's a Maine (Portland I believe) microbrew. Unfortunately when I drank my first bottle I got a buzz kill because my computer crapped out on me that same night.

all of you need to try pinga. its a brazilian rum.

Back
Top Bottom