• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What's worse? President or team?

What's worse? President telling everyone to stand or the team telling everyone to kneel?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cabse5

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
What's worse? The president telling everyone to stand during the anthem or the team telling everyone to kneel during the anthem?

What's worse? The president telling everyone to stand during the anthem or the team telling everyone to kneel during the anthem?

Who is telling players that they have to kneel?

Who is telling players that they have to kneel?
Steelers for one. 49ers for another. I'm not watching Sunday night but I'm sure Seattle is another.

Steelers for one. 49ers for another. I'm not watching Sunday night but I'm sure Seattle is another.

Why is that different than an employee having to show up on time?

Do you have a link for this?
I saw a picture of San Francisco kneeling in today's game and I assume in the Seattle game and the former green beret OLineman for the Steelers was the only Steeler player outside the locker room during the national anthem last Sunday.

Last edited:
Why is that different than an employee having to show up on time?
If you're saying the individual pro football player has no choice whether they stand or kneel, then I would agree.

I saw a picture of San Francisco kneeling in today's game and I assume in the Seattle game and the former green beret OLineman for the Steelers was the only Steeler player on the field during the national anthem last Sunday.

That's not what I asked you. I asked you if you have a link to prove that teams are being asked to kneel.

That's not what I asked you. I asked you if you have a link to prove that teams are being asked to kneel.
I provided you with simple examples of kneeling (or standing) from this week and last. If you don't want to do the work of verifying this info, yourself, I don't know what to tell you.

You never saw the OLineman for Pittsburgh standing by himself outside the locker room last week? That's hard to believe.

If you're saying the individual pro football player has no choice whether they stand or kneel, then I would agree.

They are to show up for work and do their job. If I had pulled crap like that at work ( company time, behavior reflecting on the company), I would have been fired. So iow, they have rules to follow. Let them protest on their own time, without their "company logo".

Here’s what I found about today...

[FONT=&quot]SAINTS vs. DOLPHINS[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Three Miami Dolphins players knelt during the national anthem, in contrast to last weekend’s game against the New York Jets, when the entire Dolphins team stood with arms locked together. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The entire New Orleans Saints team stood on Sunday. Last weekend, nearly a dozen Saints players remained seated on a bench during the anthem. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]PANTHERS vs. PATRIOTS:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Both the New England Patriots and the Carolina Panthers stood for the anthem.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Last weekend, 17 Patriots players opted to take a knee. All but one of the Panthers’ players stood during the anthem. Defensive end Julius Peppers opted to stay off the field.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]JAGUARS vs. JETS:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The New York Jets stood with arms locked during the anthem. Joining them was team owner Christopher Johnson.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The Jacksonville Jaguars took a knee as a team before the anthem played. In a statement released before the game, the team said they would kneel in prayer “for change, progress and equality for everyone who calls the United States their homes.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Once the anthem played, they stood with their arms locked together.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Last week, about a dozen Jaguar players knelt during the anthem in London. Others stood arm-in-arm, two of the players with team owner Shahid Khan. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]TITANS vs. TEXANS:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]All but one of the Tennessee Titans stood for the anthem. Missing wide receiver Richard Matthews had said that he would kneel during the anthem until President Trump apologized for remarks he made last week against NFL players.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Last week, the Titans decided to remain in their locker room during the anthem. Their opponent, the Seattle Seahawks, did the same.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Houston Texans all stood during the anthem on Sunday, but with arms linked together. They took the same stance during last weekend’s game against the New England Patriots. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]STEELERS vs. RAVENS[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Baltimore Ravens stood during the anthem on Sunday but took a knee in prayer just before, which prompted boos from the stadium.

More in next post.[/FONT]

Here’s what I found about today...

Wasn't the Tennessee game VS Jacksonville last week in London where the team knelt during the American anthem and stood for the English anthem?

The team prayed “that we as a nation embrace kindness, unity, equality and justice for all Americans,” according to The Associated Press.

Last weekend, several Ravens players took a knee during the anthem, joining at least a dozen Jacksonville Jaguars players.

The Pittsburgh Steelers also chose to stand for the anthem on Sunday, in contrast to last week’s game when all but one of the players decided to stay in their locker room during the anthem. The lone player who ventured out onto the field, Alejandro Villanueva, later said he did so by mistake.

BENGALS vs. BROWNS

At least nine Cleveland Browns players raised their right fists during the anthem before facing off against the Cincinnati Bengals, but both teams remained standing. Last week, 22 Browns players knelt before their game against the Indianapolis Colts, and a majority of the Bengals players stood with linked arms before their game against the Green Bay Packers.

LIONS vs. VIKINGS

Two Detroit Lions linebackers, Jalen Reeves-Maybin and Steve Longa, took a knee on Sunday for the second week in a row while their teammates stood with locked arms. Last week, six additional Lions players knelt during the anthem.

Many Minnesota Vikings linked arms during the anthem before playing against the Lions, but several players did not participate. The team held a similar demonstration last week.

RAMS vs. COWBOYS

All Los Angeles Rams and Dallas Cowboys players stood during the anthem before their game Sunday. Rams outside linebacker Robert Quinn raised his fist for a second week in a row, and Cowboys defensive end Damontre Moore also did so as the song ended. Last week, the Cowboys briefly took a knee before the anthem began.

BILLS vs. FALCONS

Six Buffalo Bills players took a knee during the anthem on Sunday, while their teammates and the majority of their opponents, Atlanta Falcons players, stood with their arms locked. Several Bills knelt last week, as did two Falcons.

EAGLES vs. CHARGERS:

Both the Philadelphia Eagles and the Los Angeles Chargers stood during the anthem on Sunday.

The Eagles stood with locked arms during last weekend’s game against the New York Giants. The Chargers for the majority also stood with locked arms last weekend, with the exception of one player who took a knee and five others who remained seated.

THE 49ERS vs. CARDINALS

More than a dozen San Francisco 49ers took a knee during the national anthem.

The team later tweeted out a video of the players standing and kneeling, all with their hands over their hearts. The caption read: “Together.”

The Arizona Cardinals, similar to last weekend’s game, stood during the national anthem.

GIANTS vs. BUCCANEERS

For the second-straight Sunday, only one New York Giants player, Oliver Vernon, knelt during the national anthem, the New York Daily News reported. The rest of the team stood, two of them with their fists in the air. Last week, the entire Giants team, aside from Vernon, stood with linked arms.

The game’s anthem was not televised, with broadcaster Fox Sports earlier announcing that they would only air the anthem ahead of the day’s first Dolphins vs. Saints match in London.

The Giants’ opponent, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, stood normally during the anthem on Sunday. Last weekend, two of the team’s players knelt during the anthem as other teammates stood with linked arms.

RAIDERS vs. BRONCOS

The entire Oakland Raiders team, minus one player, stood during the national anthem on Sunday.

The missing player, running back Marshawn Lynch, chose to sit during the anthem. He made an earlier statement before the game by wearing an “everybody vs. Trump” T-shirt.

The majority of the Raiders either remained seated or took a knee during last weekend’s game. The Denver Broncos’ entire team stood for the national anthem. More than half of the team knelt last week.

COLTS vs. SEAHAWKS

While the majority of the Seattle Seahawks players stood for the anthem, a handful of players, including defensive ends Michael Bennett and Frank Clark, sat down.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nfl-players-continue-peaceful-protests-224518781.html

I saw a picture of San Francisco kneeling in today's game and I assume in the Seattle game and the former green beret OLineman for the Steelers was the only Steeler player on the field during the national anthem last Sunday.

And the 49ers lost. Again. Karma. Crapernicks home team where he suddenly discovered his blackness and **** on the NFL because he was too stupid to have an exit strategy for kneeling “X” number of games, so the dumb **** committed himself for all season.

What a moron. And it’s contageous.

And the 49ers lost. Again. Karma. Crapernicks home team where he suddenly discovered his blackness and **** on the NFL because he was too stupid to have an exit strategy for kneeling “X” number of games, so the dumb **** committed himself for all season.

What a moron. And it’s contageous.

Nine Seahawks sat, and they suck again this week.

Your dishonesty is noted.

No team in the NFL has told their players they have to kneel. None.

Is there a correlation between this divisive attention getting and lack of talent....maybe this is driven by guys desperate to feel better about themselves and their situations.

Sounds exactly like K dont it...

I provided you with simple examples of kneeling (or standing) from this week and last. If you don't want to do the work of verifying this info, yourself, I don't know what to tell you.

You never saw the OLineman for Pittsburgh standing by himself outside the locker room last week? That's hard to believe.

When you come in claiming that players are forced to kneel, you are responsible for supplying verification to back up your specious claim.

I never said I didn't see the lineman standing outside the locker room by himself.

I simply asked you to prove where you stated in your poll that players were being asked to kneel. I have not seen any teams asking their players to kneel. You claim it is happening, so I would like to see which teams this is happening with.

Your poll is clearly faulty and needs to be reworded for accuracy.

What do you mean by team - an agreement among players to act together, or an edict from the team owner? I can find no evidence that either is happening so the poll is pure BS.

When you come in claiming that players are forced to kneel, you are responsible for supplying verification to back up your specious claim.

I never said I didn't see the lineman standing outside the locker room by himself.

I simply asked you to prove where you stated in your poll that players were being asked to kneel. I have not seen any teams asking their players to kneel. You claim it is happening, so I would like to see which teams this is happening with.

Your poll is clearly faulty and needs to be reworded for accuracy.

After a long hiatus from this site, I checked up on replies to my posts... Sorry, I should've mentioned the rhetorical nature of the question in the poll. I understand your reticence to answer the poll. I don't, however, understand your willingness to fly to the tangent you quickly flew to. My poll question never said teams (or presidents, for that matter) were forcing players to either kneel or stand) My question is what's worse? Having the players kneel (to forcibly, IMO, support Black Lives Matter), or having the president decree all NFL players stand?

How about this comparison: Which is worse? Having the African-American community force all its members to vote democratic or all Democrats force all Americans to pay for healthcare? I believe you can't disagree with this new comparison. Do you wish to reply to the second question since it's not rhetorical?

Last edited:
Reviving one of the dumbest threads of 2017, and updating it into something even dumber is a feat few here can ever hope to achieve.

Congrats, you're leading a race very few here will even enter.

What team is telling their players to kneel?

What team is telling their players to kneel?

Which president is telling NFL players to stand? The question is rhetorical and the factual nature of the question isn't as important as fleshing out people's ideologies, IMO.

Which president is telling NFL players to stand? The question is rhetorical and the factual nature of the question isn't as important as fleshing out people's ideologies, IMO.

But YOU asked what is worse, the president telling everyone to stand or the team telling everyone to kneel and I asked which team is telling everyone to kneel. Do you take back your poorly worded poll?

Back
Top Bottom