• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What's Up With Cohen?

the trumps admitted they were soliciting info, so why are you being even more dishonest than them?

The Russian lawyer solicited, she contacted the Trump Campaign, not the other way around.

I'll dismiss your attempt to make this about me with your dishonesty remark.

Great. And how many times did you report information as a campaign contribution?

The campaigns I ran were for State Representative and local township office. We had no valuable information obtained about other candidates that we acquired that needed to be declared under the Michigan law. We did declare information obtained from a survey that was done for us and for which no money changed hands but which did prove valuable. That was declared as an in kind contribution even though it was nothing but information on a piece of paper that we did not pay for.

This is unlike the national office election of President which routinely incurs expenses for pure information - be it outright purchase or an in kind basis which needs to be declared.

And the federal law I have previously cited has very specific language to cover that.

52 U.S. Code § 30121 - Contributions and donations by foreign nationals
US Code
Notes
prev | next
(a) ProhibitionIt shall be unlawful for—
(1) a foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make—
(A) a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;
(B) a contribution or donation to a committee of a political part

Last edited:
How sad for you, thinking that engaging in point counter point is fooling someone.

How sad for you to try and hide from the argument you are pursuing. Its not fooling anybody.

How sad for you to try and hide from the argument you are pursuing. Its not fooling anybody.

I'm hiding from nothing haymarket. Point out this nefarious argument I'm hiding from ??

The campaigns I ran were for State Representative and local township office. We had no valuable information obtained about other candidates that we acquired that needed to be declared under the Michigan law. We did declare information obtained from a survey that was done for us and for which no money changed hands but which did prove valuable. That was declared as an in kind contribution even though it was nothing but information on a piece of paper that we did not pay for.

This is unlike the national office election of President which routinely incurs expenses for pure information - be it outright purchase or an in kind basis which needs to be declared.

And the federal law I have previously cited has very specific language to cover that.

Has that statute ever before been interpreted to include information, yes or no?

I'm hiding from nothing haymarket. Point out this nefarious argument I'm hiding from ??

The argument about Trump Tower, Russian information and comparison to the Steele dossier.... of course.

The argument about Trump Tower, Russian information and comparison to the Steele dossier.... of course.

We both agree the information obtained from foreign nationals by the DNC/Clinton Campaign was legal. Where we don't agree is, you say the meeting the Trump Campaign attended was illegal, I say meetings are legal.There was no information offered therefore no contribution.

We both agree the information obtained from foreign nationals by the DNC/Clinton Campaign was legal. Where we don't agree is, you say the meeting the Trump Campaign attended was illegal, I say meetings are legal.There was no information offered therefore no contribution.

You are intentionally and purposely ignoring the email chain which set up the meeting and got the Trump people to agree to the whole thing in the first place.

You are intentionally and purposely ignoring the email chain which set up the meeting and got the Trump people to agree to the whole thing in the first place.

I'm ignoring nothing, the email chain set up a meeting, meetings
with foreign nationals are not illegal.

I'm ignoring nothing, the email chain set up a meeting, meetings
with foreign nationals are not illegal.

The email chain contained an illegal offer of valuable help by the Russians and an acceptance of that offer by the Trump campaign. And that broke the law.

The email chain contained an illegal offer of valuable help by the Russians and an acceptance of that offer by the Trump campaign. And that broke the law.

The Russian lawyer made an offer which may or may not be a problem for her and or her bosses. The Trump Campaign accepted nothing more than a meeting. Trump Jr stated "IF it’s what you say", meaning the offer of "incriminating evidence", is not an acceptance of the "incriminating evidence".

The Russian lawyer made an offer which may or may not be a problem for her and or her bosses. The Trump Campaign accepted nothing more than a meeting. Trump Jr stated "IF it’s what you say", meaning the offer of "incriminating evidence", is not an acceptance of the "incriminating evidence".

The Trump campaign eagerly accepted an offer of illegal help from the Russians and even speculated as when it could best be employed in their favor. In doing that they committed a crime.

The Trump campaign eagerly accepted an offer of illegal help from the Russians and even speculated as when it could best be employed in their favor. In doing that they committed a crime.

The offer would be illegal only if it was a campaign contribution and or if the information was illegally obtained. Seeing as how there was no "incriminating evidence" or information of any sort, we don't know.

The offer would be illegal only if it was a campaign contribution and or if the information was illegally obtained. Seeing as how there was no "incriminating evidence" or information of any sort, we don't know.

The offer of information which would be valuable in a campaign and the acceptance of it violated the federal law.

52 U.S. Code § 30121 - Contributions and donations by foreign nationals
US Code
Notes
prev | next
(a) ProhibitionIt shall be unlawful for—
(1) a foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make—
(A) a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;

(B) a contribution or donation to a committee of a political part

The offer of information which would be valuable in a campaign and the acceptance of it violated the federal law.

As I stated several times the foreign national (Russian lawyer) most likely broke the Iaw, which is what you just posted for the umpteenth time. Now if you would be so kind, post the law making meetings illegal.

As I stated several times the foreign national (Russian lawyer) most likely broke the Iaw, which is what you just posted for the umpteenth time. Now if you would be so kind, post the law making meetings illegal.

I have already done that many times in many posts. You keep harping that meetings are legal and it evades the point that the Trump campaign accepted the illegal offer through the email exchange.The meeting was the cherry on top of the sundae. That is reality. That is history. That is a crime.

I have already done that many times in many posts. You keep harping that meetings are legal and it evades the point that the Trump campaign accepted the illegal offer through the email exchange.The meeting was the cherry on top of the sundae. That is reality. That is history. That is a crime.

They accepted no offer, short of a meeting, Trump said IF it was what she said it was.

They accepted no offer, short of a meeting, Trump said IF it was what she said it was.

The email exchange demonstrates clearly that the Trump campaign accepted the offer of Russian illegal help and even went as far as to speculate openly about how to best time it and use it.

The email exchange demonstrates clearly that the Trump campaign accepted the offer of Russian illegal help and even went as far as to speculate openly about how to best time it and use it.

No they don't and it is unproven if the information was illegal or if it was to be accepted as an illegal thing of value. Nothing was produced, the meeting was a dupe.

So, you admit the Hillary campaign broke the law when it contacted Steele (a former British MI6 agent) to write the dossier?

No they don't and it is unproven if the information was illegal or if it was to be accepted as an illegal thing of value. Nothing was produced, the meeting was a dupe.

According to the law - ANY assistance coming from a foreign power that is of value is illegal. It does not matter what happened at the meeting - the Trump campaign had already accepted the promised assistance. The law was broken.

So, you admit the Hillary campaign broke the law when it contacted Steele (a former British MI6 agent) to write the dossier?

The Clinton campaign hired an American company. No law was broken.

Back
Top Bottom