• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Whats the real Motive behind "The War On Terror"???

The Syrian civil war is a shining example of how worthless the UN is. Whether or not you think we should assist the rebels, the failure of the UN to do anything all leads me to believe that it needs major restructuring.

Personally, I do not think we should support either side.

Back before the 1970's the UN did it's job, and did it right. When Cyprus erupted in civil war, the UN stepped in and forcefully separated both sides. They did the same thing in the Korean War. However, over the decades they have largely become a debating society, jibber-jabbering away as people die.

This is an example of where the UN can rebuild it's reputation by trying to honestly fix some of these craphole places.

First off, stop all this stupid partisanship and honestly stop the war. Separate both sides (by force if needed), and force them to negotiate. If they refuse, then either disassemble the government and create a new coalition one, or partition the nation. If there is an invasion, then support the other side (if there is a legitimate "other side") until the invader stops and returns to it's former boundaries. That was originally the idea of the UN, and it worked that way for about 2 decades. It does not work that way anymore.

I am one of those strange birds, a militant pacifist. I believe strongly in peace, and have absolutely no problem bashing somebody over the head until they understand that they have no choice but to stop hurting and killing others.

Well, the war on drugs has seen an explosion in drug use.
The war on poverty has seen an explosion in poverty.
The battle of the bulge and obesity is epidemic.
Now we have a war on terror...

Are these all incompetence or intent?? Don't know and is irrelevant, the point is that when a war is declared, the result is usually a failure in the state intent.

Joe Wilson tried to inform the country about the fraud involved in the GWOT, and they outed his wife as punishment.

Back
Top Bottom