• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What's the point of the Apocalypse?

I couldn't agree more with you according to the bolded section. In today's world one who had the full truth would be attacked by several words if they tried to convince someone of the truth which they had knowlegde of. You can already see the issues of many religions that agree one with another. But the examle of Jesus is great evidence on this subject. If they didn't believe the Lord and Savior why would they believe a normal person??

Sounds like we're given the freedom to choose to believe. What is love if you're compelled and have no choice.
You're supposed to believe in your life because that would be the same as believing in God.

There is plenty of proof to the Resurrection of Christ and Crucifixion too.

Is it all anecdotal,or did someone film it on their cell phone camera?
Is there any concrete physical evidence that it actually happened?
Plenty of people see flying saucers.Plenty of people see Bigfoot.

Eyewitness testimony recorded.

Sounds like we're given the freedom to choose to believe. What is love if you're compelled and have no choice.
You're supposed to believe in your life because that would be the same as believing in God.

Having agency is the whole point of life IMO. Life is all about choices, and we learn from our everyday choices and always have a consequence wheather it be good or bad. But in the end it's your choices that could send you hell. So be careful with your choices.

Having agency is the whole point of life IMO. Life is all about choices, and we learn from our everyday choices and always have a consequence wheather it be good or bad. But in the end it's your choices that could send you hell. So be careful with your choices.

No allowance for forgiveness of mistakes? After all we're not made with perfect knowledge.

Eyewitness testimony recorded.

And of course we all know that eye witness accounts recorded are one hundred percent reliable.
I guess that means there really are flying saucers zipping around our atmosphere,Big foot is really roaming the backwoods,Nessie is swimming in Scotland,because there have been plenty of eyewitness testimony recorded.

If you want to accept that as proof,that is on you.
I and no one else is required to do so.

Howdy, people!

If the Apocalypse predicts bad (to say the least) things for humanity and the planet, what's the point of all this?
Is the Revelation of John a warning to be evaded or an inevitable nightmare to be lived through?

Do you think the Apocalypse is a self-fulfilling prophecy?

Well, I would say the idea of finite time adds a progressive element to how individuals look at history and their existence.

According to your religious beliefs.
Which of course,you are welcome to.

Howdy, people!

If the Apocalypse predicts bad (to say the least) things for humanity and the planet, what's the point of all this?
Is the Revelation of John a warning to be evaded or an inevitable nightmare to be lived through?

Do you think the Apocalypse is a self-fulfilling prophecy?

Think of it this way ... you're making love on a regular basis with someone you care for deeply, but you know that you can't be together forever for some reason ... Do you stop having sex in the meantime? Of course not ... hope this helps ...

I actually saw Bigfoot driving a flying saucer ...

Exactly, that's why I said In My Opinion, meaning that what I said isn't fact.

Some opinions are based on facts or evidence and others are not ... so an opinion can be fact-based ... religiously-based opinions tend not to be fact based ...

And of course we all know that eye witness accounts recorded are one hundred percent reliable.
I guess that means there really are flying saucers zipping around our atmosphere,Big foot is really roaming the backwoods,Nessie is swimming in Scotland,because there have been plenty of eyewitness testimony recorded.

If you want to accept that as proof,that is on you.
I and no one else is required to do so.

Yet somehow we allow witness testimony in court..... :shrug:

Not the testimony of people who have been dead for a couple of thousand years we don't.

That is why we have habeus corpus in this country,because while eyewitness testimony may be allowed in court,it still boils down to "that's what they say".

So in other words,you don't have the concrete evidence that I asked for.
That is all you had to say.

Yes, we do, and it is the least reliable evidence we have. Remember Travon and George's moms both swearing on court that it was their son shouting for help?

Not the testimony of people who have been dead for a couple of thousand years we don't.

That is why we have habeus corpus in this country,because while eyewitness testimony may be allowed in court,it still boils down to "that's what they say".

So in other words,you don't have the concrete evidence that I asked for.
That is all you had to say.

Hundreds of eye-witnesses, at the time of the incident, recording it in documents, right, that doesn't mean anything at all.

Yes, we do, and it is the least reliable evidence we have. Remember Travon and George's moms both swearing on court that it was their son shouting for help?

Right, but when you get hundreds of eye-witnesses saying the same thing..... :shrug:

Hundreds of eye-witnesses, at the time of the incident, recording it in documents, right, that doesn't mean anything at all.
Right, but when you get hundreds of eye-witnesses saying the same thing..... :shrug:

Can you provide a newspaper from the time of the occurrence where hundreds of witnesses say they saw what they saw?
Because all I've seen is a couple of writers saying there were hundreds of eyewitnesses written years AFTER the fact.
You may accept that as evidence,but is a court of law required to?

Not very filling or tasty.
If you want to take what somebody's opinions on some blog as evidence,that is on you.
I can't help but notice that the writer of that article did NOT produce "A SMOKING GUN".

All he did (in a nushell) was go "well this person believes it,and that person who is an authority believes its". and ask some questions.
There was no actual concrete physical EVIDENCE provided.
So what?

Not very filling or tasty.
If you want to take what somebody's opinions on some blog as evidence,that is on you.
I can't help but notice that the writer of that article did NOT produce "A SMOKING GUN".

All he did (in a nushell) was go "well this person believes it,and that person who is an authority believes its". and ask some questions.
There was no actual concrete physical EVIDENCE provided.
So what?

Sorry you don't accept historical documents, yet that is what we use to verify history all the time. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom