• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What's the Point of a Honeymoon In the Modern Era?

What makes you think that?

Becaause 'they dont break God's Word.' What part of that dont you understand?

Why would it be ok to invent stuff, condemn stuff, that's not condemned by His Word? I mean, perhaps you do have difficulty understanding that, since you invented one yourself...seen in my signature.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Becaause 'they dont break God's Word.' What part of that dont you understand?

Why would it be ok to invent stuff, condemn stuff, that's not condemned by His Word? I mean, perhaps you do have difficulty understanding that, since you invented one yourself...seen in my signature.

The statement by me in your signature has nothing to do with religious belief. It is simply my opinion.

And you claim repeatedly that the parts of the Bible condemning sex outside of marriage are "inventions" or "misinterpretations" but you've presented no evidence of that. In the absence of evidence the only reasonable course of action is to take the scriptures as we have them available from the Bible.

The statement by me in your signature has nothing to do with religious belief. It is simply my opinion.

And you claim repeatedly that the parts of the Bible condemning sex outside of marriage are "inventions" or "misinterpretations" but you've presented no evidence of that. In the absence of evidence the only reasonable course of action is to take the scriptures as we have them available from the Bible.

It is based on your religious views. Dont lie, that was the context of the conversation. You 'created it out of thin air' to justify people marrying a non-virgin.

And I gave 2 different reasons why...did you read the post or not? They are 'evidence.'

I dont expect you to agree, you are fully indoctrinated, not capable of accepting anything new. But others read here, others need to be spared the repression and intolerance that other religious extremists preach as God's Word...to expose the corruption they have committed against that Word. That is my duty as a Christian.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

It is based on your religious views. Dont lie, that was the context of the conversation. You 'created it out of thin air' to justify people marrying a non-virgin.

And I gave 2 different reasons why...did you read the post or not? They are 'evidence.'

I dont expect you to agree, you are fully indoctrinated, not capable of accepting anything new. But others read here, others need to be spared the repression and intolerance that other religious extremists preach as God's Word...to expose the corruption they have committed against that Word. That is my duty as a Christian.

If you were a Christian you would accept what was written in the Bible.. Given by God to man.

You can't be a Christian without the Bible.

Seems to me that there are many people who claim to be Christian that wave the bible that aren't.

Seems to me that there are many people who claim to be Christian that wave the bible that aren't.

No doubt the majority of those people who claim to be Christians are not But God never promises to save all of them who so proclaim anyway. IIRC the theme in the New Testament regarding humanity is that God will save a "remnant".

No doubt the majority of those people who claim to be Christians are not But God never promises to save all of them who so proclaim anyway. IIRC the theme in the New Testament regarding humanity is that God will save a "remnant".

Does he? Or, is that a piece of propoganda from people who want people to follow them and give them 'tithes'?

Does he? Or, is that a piece of propoganda from people who want people to follow them and give them 'tithes'?

Neither my church nor my wife's church has ever required "tithes"

Everyone simply gives as much or as little as the feel they can.

But, you give. Because it's expected.

But, you give. Because it's expected.

True. But it is ultimately your decision. No one can make it for you. And I don't feel for a second that the amount donated has any bearing on whether God saves you or not.

True. But it is ultimately your decision. No one can make it for you. And I don't feel for a second that the amount donated has any bearing on whether God saves you or not.
the power of social expectations can not be ignored.

It's all about Money and Control.

There's a social stigma attached to not giving money to the church and you know this but won't ever admit it.
The poor give way more as a percentage of their available income than the rich but this is also never discussed.

There's a social stigma attached to not giving money to the church and you know this but won't ever admit it.
The poor give way more as a percentage of their available income than the rich but this is also never discussed.

Nothing wrong with social stigma's If I had my way there would be a powerful social stigma against having sex when not married.

Nothing wrong with social stigma's If I had my way there would be a powerful social stigma against having sex when not married.
Why should there be a social stigma that seeks to coerce others to follow in your conservative sexual beliefs? Why is it that conservative oppose personal freedom for others? Do you also oppose religious freedom for others who believe differently?

My point is while a donation may not be required there's a reason people give money.
It's required in all but name.

Wow. For sheer hatefulness, escalating faster than a Ferrari going 0 to 60mph, this thread is a good example of why I rarely hang around this place anymore.

Why should there be a social stigma that seeks to coerce others to follow in your conservative sexual beliefs? Why is it that conservative oppose personal freedom for others? Do you also oppose religious freedom for others who believe differently?

Because I believe those "conservative sexual beliefs" are better for everyone in the long run. and I want my family, my child, my grandchildren to grow up in a culture that adheres to those beliefs.

If you were a Christian you would accept what was written in the Bible.. Given by God to man.

You can't be a Christian without the Bible.
Funny, God didnt mention anything about 'reinventing virginity.' That's YOUR idea.

I am a Christian and I accept God's Word of compassion, forgiveness, brotherly love, and peace. Anything that breaks that Word is a sin (that I can think of). Anything that doesnt is NOT a sin...that's just misinterpretation...intentionally or not...by flawed men writing the Bible.

Inventing sins outside of God's Word is IMO a sin... it's nothing more than "using God" to further the control and intentions and interests of "man" not God. The Catholic cult was particularly egregious in this respect, but so are some of the other sects.

Wow. For sheer hatefulness, escalating faster than a Ferrari going 0 to 60mph, this thread is a good example of why I rarely hang around this place anymore.
I'm sorry to hear that.

The religious extremism has gotten more...extreme. Into hate and intolerance and actual stated desires for a theocracy in America.

As a Christian, I find that abhorrent and damaging to my religion...only serving to drive people further from God's Word and treating people decently...so I try to remind people of His true Word, without all the hateful, repressive crap.

I fail to do so in a very polite manner pretty often tho...so my sins are evident as well.

I w
I was under the impression that you lived in the land of the free.

I'm sorry to hear that.

The religious extremism has gotten more...extreme. Into hate and intolerance and actual stated desires for a theocracy in America.

As a Christian, I find that abhorrent and damaging to my religion...only serving to drive people further from God's Word and treating people decently...so I try to remind people of His true Word, without all the hateful, repressive crap.

I fail to do so in a very polite manner pretty often tho...so my sins are evident as well.
I suspect that Daytom is a closet militant atheist.

I have no evidence it is not the word of God. And the New Testament has more evidence of its authenticity than any other older documents that are taken to be accurate.

So what? Why should I let your beliefs influence my morality?

Of course committing homosexual acts are a sin. Homosexuality is clearly and specifically condemned in the New Testament.

:rolleyes: Thankfully, those of us who don't live by the Bible, myself included, don't care what it has to say, whether it's about homosexuality, hetero sex without being married, use of reliable contraception to prevent unwanted pregnancy, or about anything else.

Great. So you would be okay with those who don't have any extra money to contribute to their church? You know, because they may need it for paying rent/mortgage, bills, food, etc. more than the church does?

Great. So you would be okay with those who don't have any extra money to contribute to their church? You know, because they may need it for paying rent/mortgage, bills, food, etc. more than the church does?

No problem whatsoever. Been there myself a couple of times.

Back
Top Bottom