• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What's the Point of a Honeymoon In the Modern Era?

Your repressive, misogynistic cult spews false teachings...has for centuries. There is nothing in God's Word of brotherly love, forgiveness, peace, and compassion that condemns couples enjoying sex outside of marriage. Of course your cult has maliciously misinterpreted God's Word for all this time, for its own ends and not God's Glory.

Today, your cult is dying out in the US, thankfully. (And I've provided multiple links proving it in the past.)

That you continue to try to convince people to live such a repressed, intolerant, miserable lifestyle goes against God's Word, obviously and works to drive people away from Him. Please repent to save your soul.

The Bible repeatedly and explicitly condemned fornication in the bible. You atheists need to understand these rules apply to you even if you don't believe in the Bible.

The Bible repeatedly and explicitly condemned fornication in the bible. You atheists need to understand these rules apply to you even if you don't believe in the Bible.

Misinterpretations by flawed men of the times do not overrule God's Word. Nowhere does sex before marriage break God's Word of forgiveness, peace, compassion, and brotherly love. You are wrong.

Did I get God's Word wrong? Yes or no? Is that His Word or not? Please answer. Yes or no?

It is of course, so as for your continued lying about my being an atheist (since I try to follow His Word)...please stop and repent. It seems odd that you want to continually sin and condemn yourself to eternity with gays and fornicators. I can only guess that you are curious about such people and desire to learn more?

It's a worthy goal to get to know your fellow humans better...did you know you can do so here in the present as well? Indulge your curiousity?

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Misinterpretations by flawed men of the times do not overrule God's Word. Nowhere does sex before marriage break God's Word of forgiveness, peace, compassion, and brotherly love. You are wrong.

Did I get God's Word wrong? Yes or no? Is that His Word or not? Please answer. Yes or no?

It is of course, so as for your continued lying about my being an atheist (since I try to follow His Word)...please stop and repent. It seems odd that you want to continually sin and condemn yourself to eternity with gays and fornicators. I can only guess that you are curious about such people and desire to learn more?

It's a worthy goal to get to know your fellow humans better...did you know you can do so here in the present as well? Indulge your curiousity?

The bible is very direct and explicit in its condemnation of fornication at least ten times. There is no possibility of misinterpretation. You are willfully ignoring God's word.

"I say this because some ungodly people have wormed their way into your churches, saying that God's marvelous grace allows us to live immoral lives. The condemnation of such people was recorded long ago, for they have denied our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ." Jude 1:4

The bible is very direct and explicit in its condemnation of fornication at least ten times. There is no possibility of misinterpretation. You are willfully ignoring God's word.
Please answer my question first, then I'll answer yours.

If not, why not?

Here you go:

Did I get God's Word wrong? Yes or no? Is that His Word or not? Please answer. Yes or no?​

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Please answer my question first, then I'll answer yours.

If not, why not?

Here you go:

Did I get God's Word wrong? Yes or no? Is that His Word or not? Please answer. Yes or no?​

Mine wasn't a question. I quoted a bible verse that states exactly what heretics who talk like you do, pretending that God's grace allows anything-goes sexual immorality.

"I say this because some ungodly people have wormed their way into your churches, saying that God's marvelous grace allows us to live immoral lives. The condemnation of such people was recorded long ago, for they have denied our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ." Jude 1:4

I don't see the point of further discussion. This verse from Jude summarized everything perfectly.

Mine wasn't a question. I quoted a bible verse that states exactly what heretics who talk like you do, pretending that God's grace allows anything-goes sexual immorality.

Doesnt matter, you made a counter claim and ignored my question. Why wont you answer the tough questions? I know your cult discourages thinking for yourself, but maybe you can try it?

Doesnt matter, you made a counter claim and ignored my question. Why wont you answer the tough questions? I know your cult discourages thinking for yourself, but maybe you can try it?

Yes. You got it wrong. God does not permit anything-goes sexual immorality as part of His grace.

Yes. You got it wrong. God does not permit anything-goes sexual immorality as part of His grace.

OK thanks. You are wrong. This is God's Word: compassion, forgiveness, brotherly love, and peace.

But now I know that you dont know that and that your misinterpreted cult's teachings are wrong and have failed you (and everyone else).

:shrug: No surprise...the hate and violence and intolerance and repression and torture and coercion and greed of your cult are nowhere supported in that Word of God.

But they didnt know how the sex would be before getting married. You can talk all you want but that's not 'doing' it, that's not the actual experience and sharing. How could they know before marriage?

Exactly, they couldn't. Which is why "saving yourself for marriage," as in, "don't have sex unless you're married," never made any sense to me. Then again, there are those of us, myself included, who never wanted marriage or children. Being celibate for life never made any sense to me either.

You are simply lying about what it says in the Bible about sex outside of marriage. You know it but you still lie about it.

You are simply lying about what it says in the Bible about sex outside of marriage. You know it but you still lie about it.

Actually she knows what it says but doesn't care. She says believes the authors of the Bible somehow misinterpreted or misrepresented Jesus' direct unambiguous words, and that only, she, Lursa, knows that Jesus really meant fornication and homosexual acts are fine.

Do I have it right, Lursa?

Last edited:
I always thought the main purpose of a honeymoon was for a new married couple to spend time alone (hopefully) together and the main purpose being to consummate their marriage. I.E have sex for with each other for the first time.

But in the modern era, only 5% or so of married couples are virgins when they get married. So what is the point of a honeymoon anyway when the married couple may well have been having sex for months or even years beforehand anyway?

Get into the 20th century.
Then realize, we are in the 21st century.

Nobody gets married at 15 yrs old as they did in the good ole days.

Exactly, they couldn't. Which is why "saving yourself for marriage," as in, "don't have sex unless you're married," never made any sense to me. Then again, there are those of us, myself included, who never wanted marriage or children. Being celibate for life never made any sense to me either.

It comes from a very primitive restriction because of concerns about the blood lines in the priestly tribe in ancient Israel. The restriction was the a Levine/Cohen had to marry a virgin, to insure that the children are his to carry on the Priestly bloodline. It was later interpreted to be everyone, and modified quite a bit. The ancient Hebrew tribes were obsessed with the male bloodline. If fact, if you look at the laws concerning adoption even in modern Judaism, when it comes to the priestly tribes, the bloodline of the child follows the biological father, not the adoptive father. The custom of the levertite marriages was with brothers that shared the same father, if one of the brothers died without a male offspring.

I know what it says...I'm saying it's wrong. That flawed men of the times misinterpreted God's Word, intentionally or mistakenly, maliciously, to control people, or to protect people.

Nothing about sex outside of marriage or being gay breaks God's Word of compassion, forgiveness, peace, and brotherly love. If they do, please explain how? If not, they cannot be sins.

And besides, you make up your own religious laws anyway...just see my signature. Seems pretty hypocritical of you to question what others have made up.

Actually she knows what it says but doesn't care. She says believes the authors of the Bible somehow misinterpreted or misrepresented Jesus' direct unambiguous words, and that only, she, Lursa, knows that Jesus really meant fornication and homosexual acts are fine.

Do I have it right, Lursa?

Correct. For once.

Nothing about sex outside of marriage or being gay breaks God's Word of compassion, forgiveness, peace, and brotherly love. If they do, please explain how? If not, they cannot be sins.

She says believes the authors of the Bible somehow misinterpreted or misrepresented Jesus' direct unambiguous words, and that only, she, Lursa, knows that Jesus really meant fornication and homosexual acts are fine.

Personally, I couldn't care less what the bible says, whether it's about sex without marriage, homosexual acts, or anything else. The U.S., thankfully, isn't a Christian or Catholic theocracy, so whatever the bible says doesn't matter to me, as I am neither religious nor a believer. There's nothing wrong with having sex without being married, nor is there anything wrong with being gay.

Correct. For once.

I knew it.

No point in going over the proven instability of shack-ups for the 100th time, nor their repeated unambiguous condemnation in the bible. Advocate fornication all you want. Just don't claim it represents Christian values in any way.

End of discussion. If you respond again, you're just flailing.

Personally, I couldn't care less what the bible says, whether it's about sex without marriage, homosexual acts, or anything else. The U.S., thankfully, isn't a Christian or Catholic theocracy, so whatever the bible says doesn't matter to me, as I am neither religious nor a believer. There's nothing wrong with having sex without being married, nor is there anything wrong with being gay.

I'm not interested in the opinion of atheists. The basis of everything they believe is flawed.

I'm not interested in the opinion of atheists. The basis of everything they believe is flawed.

Nevertheless, I'll continue to post it. Whether or not you're "interested" is irrelevant to me.

I know what it says...I'm saying it's wrong. That flawed men of the times misinterpreted God's Word, intentionally or mistakenly, maliciously, to control people, or to protect people.

Nothing about sex outside of marriage or being gay breaks God's Word of , forgiveness,

You can't have "forgiveness" unless there are sins to be forgiven. And the Bible is very clear about what constitutes a sin. And sexual activity outside of marriage is very clearly labeled as one of those sins.

If "forgiveness" is one of the basic things you think God is all about doesn't that naturally imply that there are sins that man commits that he then forgives?

How you can with a straight face argue that "fornication" is misinterpreted is honestly beyond me. What do you think the word means?

Correct. For once.

I knew it.

No point in going over the proven instability of shack-ups for the 100th time, nor their repeated unambiguous condemnation in the bible. Advocate fornication all you want. Just don't claim it represents Christian values in any way.

End of discussion. If you respond again, you're just flailing.

It's your failure. You cannot explain away what I wrote in bold above and we already know that you 'dont bother with'' other things written in the Bible, we proved that in another thread. You conveniently choose which to 'obey.'

You = flailing: marriages are just as unstable at other consensual relationships. ~ 50% and it's clear that even those marriages that stay together 'for the kids' or 'for God' are miserable in many cases.

And you can wish I'd go away all you like but I will continue to point out, as my Christian duty, where you and your cult lie about and misrepresent God's Word, to the detriment of our society. We have proven your hypocrisy on following "everything" in the Bible and you still cannot respond to this:

Creating laws to force people to follow your cult's version of Christianity:

That goes completely AGAINST God's Will. He gave us all free will to choose to follow Him and His Word or not. He intentionally chose not to force His Word on people.

You are so blinded by your cult, you dont even know that...or acknowledge it? It's a huge sin, to usurp God's Authority and force His Word on us when He chose not to.

How do you justify your intention to add religion to politics and thereby force God's Word on people, when He specifically demanded otherwise?

You can't have "forgiveness" unless there are sins to be forgiven. And the Bible is very clear about what constitutes a sin. And sexual activity outside of marriage is very clearly labeled as one of those sins. If "forgiveness" is one of the basic things you think God is all about doesn't that naturally imply that there are sins that man commits that he then forgives?
Where did I write there is no sin? I said that anything that does not break God's Word is not a sin.

And that labeling of fornication as a sin is wrong, a misinterpretation, intentional or otherwise. Sharing sex outside marriage does not sin against anything in God's Word. The Bible was written by flawed men of the time.

Do you believe being gay is a sin? :shrug: That doesnt go against anything in God's Word either.

How you can with a straight face argue that "fornication" is misinterpreted is honestly beyond me. What do you think the word means?

Someone in another thread wrote that fornication was considered a sin because in those days, bloodlines were very important to the Jews and they needed to keep track and make sure women were virgins when the married. I can also see it as a 'well-meaning' idea because back in those days, women had no means of support outside their family. A woman that got pregnant...if the man didnt marry her...she had no way to get a job and take care of themselves. The authors of the Bible wanted to discourage men taking advantage of women.

Where did I write there is no sin? I said that anything that does not break God's Word is not a sin.

And that labeling of fornication as a sin is wrong, a misinterpretation, intentional or otherwise. Sharing sex outside marriage does not sin against anything in God's Word. The Bible was written by flawed men of the time.

Do you believe being gay is a sin? :shrug: That doesnt go against anything in God's Word either.

Someone in another thread wrote that fornication was considered a sin because in those days, bloodlines were very important to the Jews and they needed to keep track and make sure women were virgins when the married. I can also see it as a 'well-meaning' idea because back in those days, women had no means of support outside their family. A woman that got pregnant...if the man didnt marry her...she had no way to get a job and take care of themselves. The authors of the Bible wanted to discourage men taking advantage of women.

If those were the reasons then why doesn't the Bible say that? And if "bloodlines" were so important to the Jews, why does the Old Testament specifically allow Jews to marry nonJews and have children with them?

Of course committing homosexual acts are a sin. Homosexuality is clearly and specifically condemned in the New Testament.

If those were the reasons then why doesn't the Bible say that? And if "bloodlines" were so important to the Jews, why does the Old Testament specifically allow Jews to marry nonJews and have children with them?

Of course committing homosexual acts are a sin. Homosexuality is clearly and specifically condemned in the New Testament.

I have no idea about the Jews, that's what was posted and sourced elsewhere. And why didnt God explain why we shouldnt eat shellfish?

Let's face it, organized religion is about teaching at minimum and controlling at the max (like the Catholic cult). I explained that some was intentional, some not, some intended to be helpful/protective, some controlling. God doesnt explain many things in the Bible.

But He did share His Word of compassion, forgiveness, peace, and brotherly love. And anything that does not break that word is not a sin.

But He did share His Word of compassion, forgiveness, peace, and brotherly love. And anything that does not break that word is not a sin.

What makes you think that?

Back
Top Bottom