• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What's the Point of a Honeymoon In the Modern Era?

If those were the reasons then why doesn't the Bible say that? And if "bloodlines" were so important to the Jews, why does the Old Testament specifically allow Jews to marry nonJews and have children with them?

Of course committing homosexual acts are a sin. Homosexuality is clearly and specifically condemned in the New Testament.

Well, I don't accept the New Testament as being true. And, of course, when it comes to the the actual passages, there are some idioscynracies with those passages, and the original Greek in which they were written. The translation has been challenged, and that shows that translation is interpretation. So, there is enough wiggle room due to the translation issues that there are Christians that will disagree with you, and make valid arguments. As for other non-Christians, SO WHAT if the new testament condemns homosexuality.. it has nothing to do with them.

So, there is enough wiggle room due to the translation issues that there are Christians that will disagree with you, and make valid arguments. .

There is only "wiggle room" if you are looking for it. And people looking for "wiggle room" to evade doing or not do what is in the scriptures cannot be actual Christians anyway

There is only "wiggle room" if you are looking for it. And people looking for "wiggle room" to evade doing or not do what is in the scriptures cannot be actual Christians anyway

It's there if you want it or not.

You mean like you deciding that people can assume 'virgin' status again just to satisfy your personal beliefs on sex?

You mean like you deciding that people can assume 'virgin' status again just to satisfy your personal beliefs on sex?

Why do you harp on that? I freely admit that belief is not based on anything Biblical.

Why do you harp on that? I freely admit that belief is not based on anything Biblical.
Yes I know. But it's based on your religious beliefs...created strictly to enable you (or others) to act the way they want and ignore The Word.

It's a great example.

What happens if you find you are not "sexually compatible" before you are married? Do you just dump someone you love then?

And if people don't know each other after having sex for months or even years then simply going on a honeymoon isn't going to make a difference.
You sound very repressed

Back
Top Bottom