• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What's the oldest person you would date?

• Total voters

Solace

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

10 - 12 years older than myself. I prefer younger than myself though.

"old" is anyone who has 15 or more years on you
think about it

This. Though the older I get, the less flexible I get about how much older than me I'm willing to date.

You mean you won't be dating a 110 years old woman at the age of 98?
Shame.

I would never date anyone old enough to be my mother

Probably somewhere between 25 and 30. I generally don't want to date chicks who are much older than me.

It would be a better poll if it asked "how MUCH older than yourself would you date", methinks.

It's fairly typical that men date women their age and younger, women date men their age and older. There are exceptions and plenty of them, but that is more the norm. I doubt I would date a woman more than 5 years older than me, and I've pretty much sworn off women more than 15 yrs younger (it just doesn't work out and I hate wasting time on short-term flings).

I prefer to date men my age and younger. :) I think the norm is changing.

Really, 5 years younger or older is enough of a gap. Ten years, and you really start to be from different generations.

Your poll is not logical. Are you asking if a 60 year old would date UP to a 40 year old?
Or a 20 year old would date up to a 30 year old? Are you looking for a bell curve? What if youre 20 years old? What if youre 65 years old? The data you collect doesnt reflect anything really.

well I have been married going on 18 years (married late) but when I was single I dated up to ten years older and 8 years younger meaning at 31 I dated a 23 year old (who had been independent and living by herself for 5 years) and a 40 year old. My wife and I are within 6 months of each other in terms of age. My last serious relationship before her was a month younger.

I think the older you get the age can be greater. a 25 year old dating a 15 year old is messed up in most cases but a 52 year old guy dating a 40 year old woman I see all the time with no issues.

well I have been married going on 18 years (married late) but when I was single I dated up to ten years older and 8 years younger meaning at 31 I dated a 23 year old (who had been independent and living by herself for 5 years) and a 40 year old. My wife and I are within 6 months of each other in terms of age. My last serious relationship before her was a month younger.

I think the older you get the age can be greater. a 25 year old dating a 15 year old is messed up in most cases but a 52 year old guy dating a 40 year old woman I see all the time with no issues.
I would agree. I find most chicks that are 18-24 have brains that seems to enjoy really foolish crap. There are exceptions to that rule. Heck Taylor Swift seems like a AWESOME woman emotionally and intellectually. Although her feet are like canoes.... her eyes more than make up for it. ANNNNYways..... it just depends on the person.

I've always preferred younger guys. I most likely wouldn't date a guy (if I weren't already married) more than a year or two older than me. I'm somewhat of a kid at heart and like a guy who I can talk about kids stuff with and who I can watch cartoons with.

One of the nice things about my hubby. I can watch some of my old cartoons with him, without annoying him too much. And him and I actually started watching Phineas and Ferb together.

This. Though the older I get, the less flexible I get about how much older than me I'm willing to date.

I agree. I am not to the point where I am attracted to men much more than ten years my senior and the older I get, the smaller that gap becomes. There are exceptions, but I find myself more drawn to younger men.

Most folks seem to stay within 2-3 years of their own age all the way up to about age 50 - and then for some inexplicable reason you get to start over dating 20 year olds again.

Within a few years say 8 or 10 maybe age is not the most important consideration by along shot.

It's compatibility if the age difference is too great in either direction then there will be less in common.

Unfortunately few people these days have any concept of what love is and have even less knowledge or understanding when it comes to commitment.

If it feels good do it, and if you have a problem don't deal with it just leave, there is no reason to actually work on a relationship because there is always a willing fool in the wings.

More then 10 years older than me is just.....ew.

Back
Top Bottom