• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What's the Deal with Women and SHOES!!!

Captain Adverse

Classical Liberal Sage
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Why must you women have so many shoes?

You go out and buy one outfit, then buy three or four pairs of shoes to go with it. Unless we happen to be foot fetishists, do you really think men notice whats on your feet?

Perhaps its some communal woman thing, because half your conversations seems to be about shoes too.

I buy shoes for practical reasons. I never have more the six pairs at any one time. Two are business-wear one pair of black and one brown. I have one set of hiking boots. I have one set of cross-trainer shoes for working out. I have one pair of comfortable shoes for leisure-wear. Some men might have one or two more

I have never met a woman who as less than 10 pairs of shoes and one having that few is as rare as running into a platypus outside of Australia.

SO! What is the deal with all these shoes ladies???!!!

I think I have... 8 pairs of shoes, total. Two high heeled boots, two pairs of Nike's, four pairs of dress heels. Whoops, two pairs of sandals....forgot about those. So 10.

That doesnt seem excessive....?

I can't bring myself to throw my shoes out, especially if I haven't worn them very much and I still like them and so over the years they've accumulated and now it's looks like I have a shoe fetish. But I don't think women buy shoes to impress men in as much as they do other women. You know the old song that says "...and all the girls walk by dressed up for each other"?

There are just so many types and colors! Sandals, heels, boots, sneakers, Mary Janes, clogs, espadrilles, strappy, sexy, comfortable, cutesy, everyday, formal, dressy................ :)

I think I have... 8 pairs of shoes, total. Two high heeled boots, two pairs of Nike's, four pairs of dress heels. Whoops, two pairs of sandals....forgot about those. So 10.

That doesnt seem excessive....?
No, it doesn't, in fact I'd say you were minimalist. I think I might have about 50 pairs and half of them I never wear....I even have shoes that I've never worn or worn only once or twice.

Because shoes are awesome!!

And seriously, women don't dress for men's sake. I know I don't :lol:

Last edited:
Shoes are accessories. If a woman likes to dress well, sometimes she will need shoes that go specifically with an ensemble. One pair of black heels, does not necessarily go with everything she owns. The height of the heel, style (closed toe, open toe, sandal) and materials all add or subtract to her look.

I'm no Imelda, but I cannot count how many pairs of shoes I own. Some I saved simply because I couldn't toss them away since they are not worn out and sure enough several have come back in style again. They are stacked in boxes in my closet. Pumps, sandals, peep toes, in various colors in leather and suede. This summer I've bought 5 new pairs of sandals, 3 flats and 2 wedge heels. Earlier this year, I bought new running shoes but I have a couple back ups for doing yard work or going to the river (I won't care if they get wet).

So see, there are reasons women have so many shoes.

No, it doesn't, in fact I'd say you were minimalist. I think I might have about 50 pairs and half of them I never wear....I even have shoes that I've never worn or worn only once or twice.

Truthfully, I don't buy myself shoes very often and it's not because I don't want to. I have teens who are expensive, so they get shoes and clothes long before I do. Once they're grown though? Maybe it'll be different. :p

We raise little girls to love clothes, shoes, make-up, and all sorts of other things and so they do when they grow up. It doesn't bother me a bit.

Truthfully, I don't buy myself shoes very often and it's not because I don't want to. I have teens who are expensive, so they get shoes and clothes long before I do. Once they're grown though? Maybe it'll be different. :p

I know what you mean. I don't buy shoes as much as I used to...probably because I don't go to malls that much anymore. But man, that DSW shoe warehouse.....<sing>...."heaven, I'm in heaven and I can hardly believe the ground beneath my feeeeeet" ....so I don't go there very often either.

Last edited:
Most women are too cowardly to take the world on head on, so they settle for asserting themselves thru foot wear.................

They look like candy...yum. But the heels are too high for me...darn.

Same, but I'd love a pair in my closet, just to look at. :lol: I'm more of a flip flop girl. That's all I wear, most of the year.

I'm not that bad, but I wouldn't mind a pair of Yellow Box flip flops in every single color.

It's what is meant by "Exchanging a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage"......................

I asked the question to my wife once... I think she answered, I dunno, I tuned her out after 20 minutes of bleating on and on about shoes.

she got me involved though....she promised to wear her high boots for me whenever i buy her a pair of shoes she liked... so i'm now pretty much a womans footwear aficionado.. all because i'm a horny old goat who loves tall boots on a woman.

..and she has lots of shoes from yours truly.

Same, but I'd love a pair in my closet, just to look at. :lol: I'm more of a flip flop girl. That's all I wear, most of the year.
I love flip flops and I'm wearing a pair right now. The picture of the ones you posted look really comfortable. I'd like to buy a pair.....or two. lol

I'm not that bad, but I wouldn't mind a pair of Yellow Box flip flops in every single color.

Super, I dig where you're coming from. I'm a flip dude myself. Now, I like Reefs mostly.

My wife thinks her shoes are her kids. She loves them more than me.

My wife built another house just for her shoes....
lol seriously? I just turned an entire room into my very own walk in closet.....but a house???? Thats going too far even for me.

I absolutely abhor flip flops. :lol: My mother wears them all the time.

lol seriously? I just turned an entire room into my very own walk in closet.....but a house???? Thats going too far even for me.

Well, that was my take on it. But it was either she had her really big shoe place...or I need to build the dog house bigger. I've already remodeled it a few times.

Back
Top Bottom