• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What's the absolute scariest movie you've ever seen?

Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the original when it was orginally released. But in general I don't find scary movies scary, especially ghost ones. I watch them for the t&A and to laugh at the stupity of the plot and characters.
-------------------

Yeah, I really like it when the gang breaks up into smaller groups to "look around".
What could possibly go wrong?

Which one is the scariest you've ever seen? Don't laugh at me, but mine is Paranormal Activity. I know, most people think it's lame. I am a huge horror fanatic, so I'm always on the lookout for the next good scary movie. When this one came out, I was so scared that, when I woke up in the middle of the night and needed to go to the bathroom, I was afraid to open my eyes. I didn't know what I'd see in my dark bedroom. :eek:

And please don't make fun of someone if you think their movie isn't scary. Scary is very subjective, so what's scary for one might be lame for another.

Psychological scary or like slasher flick scary?

Which one is the scariest you've ever seen? Don't laugh at me, but mine is Paranormal Activity. I know, most people think it's lame. I am a huge horror fanatic, so I'm always on the lookout for the next good scary movie. When this one came out, I was so scared that, when I woke up in the middle of the night and needed to go to the bathroom, I was afraid to open my eyes. I didn't know what I'd see in my dark bedroom. :eek:

And please don't make fun of someone if you think their movie isn't scary. Scary is very subjective, so what's scary for one might be lame for another.

No question in my mind. Alien scared me so bad I wet myself. I got nightmares. I never thought of space exploration or androids in the same way after that.

This was the first of the Aliens series. The rest didn't have the same punch.

I like to think that any heterosexual man would say Crying Game.

friday the 13th and any ghost demon film

I have to admit, that when I saw the head fall out of the hole in the boat in Jaws, I lost my drink and popcorn. That is the scariest moment I ever experienced in a theatre.

"THE Exorcist ", the original. Followed by the original "Aliens".

I have to admit, that when I saw the head fall out of the hole in the boat in Jaws, I lost my drink and popcorn. That is the scariest moment I ever experienced in a theatre.

I remember being freaked out when Jaws bit the shark hunter dude in half, and blood was bubbling up in his mouth. The camera cut back and you could see him half in/half out of the shark. *scary* when you are a kid.

No question in my mind. Alien scared me so bad I wet myself. I got nightmares. I never thought of space exploration or androids in the same way after that.

I loved the second one, Aliens. It wasn't as scary as the first one, but I loved the Marines. They were so funny. Especially Bill Paxton's character.

Horror movies as a rule don't frighten me because I don't believe in demons per se or evil. There have been 3 I remember well "The Keep" and 2 of which Keanu Reeves was in, "Constantine" and "Devil's Advocate", all angel/devil movies. And the scene where Pacino and Keanu are walking around on the top of that building right at the edge with no railing scares the beejeezus outta me. Heights and enclosed spaces freak me out not spooks or ghouls,,,lol

:lol: Yeah, I'll never forget that part. Ever. Where he first found out?

Yup.

It wasn't that he found out. It was how he found out. That's the kind of crap that will make you question every first date for the rest of your life.

I am a Sci-Fi/Horror/Fantasy afficionado...seen just about every movie (and read every book) that came out in these fields.

Now some of the films previously mentioned did affect me, but more in the "BOO!" category; i.e. not really scary just surprising based upon anticipation. Others are more disgusting and disturbing, as in the SAW, Hostel and other slasher films. Perhaps I've become inured to seeing so many films that it's hard to scare me now.

However, when I was very young I was frightened by one particular film; "Videodrome." Perhaps it was the warping of reality that scared me the most back then because I could not even finish watching it; I don't know because I have seen it since and it hasn't had the same effect on me.

But I have to admit it had such an impact on my young mind that it took a decade for me to get up the courage to see it again. :)

Last edited:
Whatever scares you. Either/or.

What was the name of that zombie movie with Will Smith again? I thought that was scary because those were like zombies on steroids. :lol:

What was the name of that zombie movie with Will Smith again? I thought that was scary because those were like zombies on steroids. :lol:

The Last Man on Earth.

Actually a third remake: The Last Man on Earth starring Vincent Price in 1964, and The Omega Man starring Charlton Heston in 1971.

--------------------
Yeah....that one was pretty rough.
I was so relieved when Ripley blasted that SOB into outer space.......die you evil bastard-die!!!
Along with Alien, most of these movies from Halloween to the Terminator to Hostel have a common thread.
Merciless, brutal, insensate, unstoppable, unreasoning murdering demons/maniacs lurking about.
We're all, rightfully, fearful of pitiless evil and Schwarzenegger's poor acting.

Thanks anyway, but no. I just looked it up. It's "I Am Legend." Pretty good movie, and pretty scary too.

Sorry, you're right. It's still a third remake, based on the book by Richard Matheson of the same title "I am Legend." My mistake. What threw me off was another horror movie entitled 'The Last Man on Earth" that came out in 1999 but was not based on the I Am Legend book. I got that confused with Will Smith's movie.

Sorry, you're right. It's still a third remake, based on the book by Richard Matheson of the same title "I am Legend." My mistake.

I'm not familiar with the movie you mentioned at all. Is it a similar plot as I Am Legend?

I'm not familiar with the movie you mentioned at all. Is it a similar plot as I Am Legend?

The Will Smith movie "I Am Legend" is roughly based on a book with that title published in 1954 by Richard Matheson. The first film version was an Italian-American film that came out in 1964 called "The Last Man on Earth" and starred Vincent Price. Same basic plot, not as full of special effects. Then another version came out in 1971, called "The Omega Man" starring Charlton Heston. Although it was based on the same book, I Am Legend" it was more a 60's pop-culture reflection of it.

The 1999 movie was actually "The Last Man on Planet Earth." Literally about the last "male" on a planet where women had eliminated men and cloned female children.

I would have to say the movie that scared me that most and for the longest time was probably "The Sixth Sense". I know that for most it probably wasn't considered scary for them. But I was pretty young at the time, 9 to be exact and so seeing a young boy around my age have all those things happen to him freaked me out for years. Now I can watch it like any other movie but the first time I watched it gave me horror thoughts for years.

Back
Top Bottom