• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What's so wise about war, hate, and confusion?

Antiwar

Green Party progressive
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Those are the opposites of peace, love, and understanding.

Do peace, love, and understanding stop hostile militarist foreign dictators from invading our country?

Did someone claim that there was something "wise" about any of those things?

We've been at and past the point where it's become a binary choice. I'm against false binary choices. This isn't a false binary choice.

I haven't seen anyone say that war, hate, and confusion are wise. But it's implicit in their commentary. And maybe we'll get someone to state that war, hate, and confusion are wise.

"Everybody knows (or should know)" what I'm talking about, so please keep the "gaslighting" nonsense to a hate minimum.

We've been at and past the point where it's become a binary choice. I'm against false binary choices. This isn't a false binary choice.

I haven't seen anyone say that war, hate, and confusion are wise. But it's implicit in their commentary. And maybe we'll get someone to state that war, hate, and confusion are wise. "Everybody know (or should know)" what I'm talking about, so please minimize the "gaslighting" nonsense.
One of the starting points for this foolishness was your statement that you could “force“ nations to surrender atomic weapons. When asked by what “leverage,” you responded with the three word catch-phrase you are now so hurt about.

How do you propose to force your will on nations?

One of the starting points for this foolishness was your statement that you could “force“ nations to surrender atomic weapons. When asked by what “leverage,” you responded with the three word catch-phrase you are now so hurt about.

How do you propose to force your will on nations?

I stated one part of my position in that thread. You either missed that part, ignored it, or dismissed it with a trivial response.

The solution to nuclear insanity is for the USG and Russian government to volunteer to go, or be forced to go, to the negotiation table and take all nuclear weapons off the military table.

But it's implicit in their commentary
No, you're the one creating a false binary choice.

No one is saying war, hate, and confusion are "wise". If that is what you are reading into commentary, then you are likely misunderstanding.

I stated one part of my position in that thread. You either missed that part, ignored it, or dismissed it with a trivial response.

The solution to nuclear insanity is for the USG and Russian government to volunteer to go or be forced to the negotiation table and take all nuclear weapons off the military table.

How do you “force” a dictatorship with thousands of nuclear weapons to give them up?

Yeah we got the Elvis Costello reference.
No one says war, hate and understanding are wise.
But you may want to focus on the group that's using that troika as a raison dêtre.

GQP1b.jpg

The solution to nuclear insanity is for the USG and Russian government to volunteer to go, or be forced to go, to the negotiation table and take all nuclear weapons off the military table
This is naivety speaking.

The solution to nuclear insanity is for the USG and Russian government to volunteer to go, or be forced to go, to the negotiation table and take all nuclear weapons off the military table.
Link our exchange?

Your trivial reply was # 26

Now you speak of “volunteering”

Not exactly forcing…..

Last edited:
It's wise not to get in their way, or pretend you can control them.

I haven't seen anyone say that war, hate, and confusion are wise. But it's implicit in their commentary. And maybe we'll get someone to state that war, hate, and confusion are wise.

"Everybody knows (or should know)" what I'm talking about, so please keep the "gaslighting" nonsense to a hate minimum.

The answer to your question is "nothing." But it's even less wise to sit on your hands while someone else wages war and inflicts hate and confusion against you and yours.

The answer to your question is "nothing." But it's even less wise to sit on your hands while someone else wages war and inflicts hate and confusion against you and yours.

You don’t understand. A country must be anti-militarist. That means it has to have no military, or if it does have a military, it needs to be too weak to actually protect it from foreign invasion.

If the country is invaded, the proper anti-militarist thing to do, even if it has a military, is to immediately surrender and instead rely on the “International Justice System” to arrest the invaders.

You don’t understand. A country must be anti-militarist. That means it has to have no military, or if it does have a military, it needs to be too weak to actually protect it from foreign invasion.

If the country is invaded, the proper anti-militarist thing to do, even if it has a military, is to immediately surrender and instead rely on the “International Justice System” to arrest the invaders.

My bad. How stupid of me.

No, you're the one creating a false binary choice.

No one is saying war, hate, and confusion are "wise". If that is what you are reading into commentary, then you are likely misunderstanding.

How am I misunderstanding the calls for Russia to be stopped with military force? Don't take it past that question to answer the question. Don't ask me a leading question to answer that question. Answer that specific question. And note that temporary military force might have to be included in the best options we have because we haven't developed better options (and the USG has blocked and ignored better options). We might have to risk it because humanity is in such an insane position.

The better option for the world and especially the USG government would be to prepare and deliver the best speech ever delivered. That speech would have to include:

1. Look, we know that we've been and still are massive parts of humanity's environmental and militaristic problems. Our past and recent history, and our foolish stances to this point have mostly pointed in that unwise direction.

2. But NOW we stand here as wise humans to deliver this message (forget speech, speech comes from the dominant mindset) of shame coupled with the wisdom to move forward together.

3. To be one wise and loving human race; to stop this madness, this genocide and ecocide; to embrace our collective fragility and colllective brilliance simulataneously.

4. To start quickly making our ways down the 'environment-path' and 'peace-path' by revolutionizing the Industrial Revolution and finally replacing militarism, conflict, and human rights abuses with international justice for all!

5. Humanity needs to wholeheartedly embrace not just the equivalent of the space race, but the totality of the race to save the human race from pending environmental and/or social collapse, which are mostly (not entirely) intertwined.

It's not the Green New Deal, although it has similarities. It's the Big Beautiful Blue Marble Revolving and Orbiting in Space Peace Love and Understanding Deal That We Have No Choice to Embrace or Roll the Dice on Dual Existential Threats Deal.

I'm crying over here.

There are no sides to an imperfect sphere, only surfaces which can only be captured from space without getting the whole picture.

1647964910574.png

The feeling humans need to get comfortable with and maintain (at least reflected in our policies and behaviors, because feelings are fleeting) is that feeling we get after a natural disaster or when we witness someone hurting for whatever reasons.

I don't know if we can pull it off, because we've put if off for decades, but we can try. I am sending every living being on Earth an abundance of love and strength. Every living and natural nonliving entity on Earth plays a role in supporting life on Earth. Indigenous wisdom and biologically-sound industrialism; peace , love, and understanding.

Attachments

• 1647964527833.png
    1647964527833.png
    411.1 KB · Views: 0
How am I misunderstanding the calls for Russia to be stopped with military force? Don't take it past that question to answer the question. Don't ask me a leading question to answer that question. Answer that specific question. And note that temporary military force might have to be included in the best options we have because we haven't developed better options (and the USG has blocked and ignored better options). We might have to risk it because humanity is in such an insane position.

The better option for the world and especially the USG government would be to prepare and deliver the best speech ever delivered. That speech would have to include:

1. Look, we know that we've been and still are massive parts of humanity's environmental and militaristic problems. Our past and recent history, and our foolish stances to this point have mostly pointed in that unwise direction.

2. But NOW we stand here as wise humans to deliver this message (forget speech, speech comes from the dominant mindset) of shame coupled with the wisdom to move forward together.

3. To be one wise and loving human race; to stop this madness, this genocide and ecocide; to embrace our collective fragility and colllective brilliance simulataneously.

4. To start quickly making our ways down the 'environment-path' and 'peace-path' by revolutionizing the Industrial Revolution and finally replacing militarism, conflict, and human rights abuses with international justice for all!

5. Humanity needs to wholeheartedly embrace not just the equivalent of the space race, but the totality of the race to save the human race from pending environmental and/or social collapse, which are mostly (not entirely) intertwined.

It's not the Green New Deal, although it has similarities. It's the Big Beautiful Blue Marble Revolving and Orbiting in Space Peace Love and Understanding Deal That We Have No Choice to Embrace or Roll the Dice on Dual Existential Threats Deal.

I'm crying over here.

There are no sides to an imperfect sphere, only surfaces which can only be captured from space without getting the whole picture.

View attachment 67381437

The feeling humans need to get comfortable with and maintain (at least reflected in our policies and behaviors, because feelings are fleeting) is that feeling we get after a natural disaster or when we witness someone hurting for whatever reasons.

I don't know if we can pull it off, because we've put if off for decades, but we can try. I am sending every living being on Earth an abundance of love and strength. Every living and natural nonliving entity on Earth plays a role in supporting life on Earth. Indigenous wisdom and biologically-sound industrialism; peace , love, and understanding.

State clearly so everyone can see your answer:

Yes or no, do you support the Ukrainians using military force to stop the Russians invading their country?

How am I misunderstanding the calls for Russia to be stopped with military force?
The United States is not going to intervene militarily in the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

The US is sanctioning Russia and providing Ukraine with aide. The US is not getting militarily involved.

The "calls" are from a desperate President of Ukraine (and no one blames him for that - his people are under attack and dying). But just because he asks doesn't mean the US will become involved.

The rest of your post seems to ignore that reality.

It would be nice to have a POTUS that promoted the conditions needed to promote peace, love and understanding instead of the current POTUS.

It would be nice to have a POTUS that promoted the conditions needed to promote peace, love and understanding instead of the current POTUS.
Which one has the necessary temperment, IYO?

Which one has the necessary temperment, IYO?

There has been only one POTUS in the 21st Century that has constrained the territorial aggressions by Putin.

That might be the best place to start our search.

There has been only one POTUS in the 21st Century that has constrained the territorial aggressions by Putin.

That might be the best place to start our search.

Who was that? The guy who welcomed Putin back into the G8 after he was expelled for Crimea?

Who was that? The guy who welcomed Putin back into the G8 after he was expelled for Crimea?

I think it was.

See? It's possible to use both a carrot and a stick. Unless you're a terrified moron dementia victim with no ability to see what is happening all around you.

Those almost 200,000 soldiers didn't materialize on the Ukraine border. that was building up for months and months.

Sadly, every time the word "Putin" was said aloud in the Oval Office, Biden wet his pants and had to change his clothes.

Back
Top Bottom